Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:04 PM
SFT

79 posts, read 207,331 times

Advertisements

I like Goffstown quite a bit. If you find a place off of 114 before it joins with 114A the only real back up seems to be where 114 and 101 break apart (you can see this on Google maps).

Other than that, it would be straight from 114, to 101, to 3A and he'd be at the airport.

A lot of the back roads in Goffstown towards the mountain are quite rural feeling with a lot of farms and land in between each house rather than houses being right on top of each other. I guess what would be considered the center of Goffstown is nice too, not overly developed, and Manchester is only a few miles away and it has just about anything you need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 09:30 PM

259 posts, read 601,687 times
Thank you so much, everyone, for your very helpful information. We *did* think about airport flight patterns but I didn't really have a clue what to consider there.

Our children are all grown, so we don't need to worry about anything other than finding a nice quiet place to live that isn't too far from work and grocery stores. I initially looked at Derry, too, but I ruled it out because every house I looked at had really high taxes. We'd sure like to keep our taxes at around $6K, if possible.

Thanks again. If this response is any indication of what the people in New Hampshire are like, I'm really looking forward to making the move.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:09 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,946,618 times
The limited info in your two posts (seeking rural with nearby shopping, short distance to the airport, taxes under 6K, schools not a concern for yourself):

Auburn or Candia may be a near-perfect fit.

The only reason I make mention of the schools is that both towns tuition to Manchester (Central, I believe) for high school, and that can be a negative deciding factor for eventual resale. Many folks who want to live in a rural area don't want to send kids to "the city" for school. Makes for a long school day when your school is 10-12 miles away. A few years back, Auburn, Deerfield, Candia and 1 other town tried to create a regional district high school, and it failed to go through.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:24 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,138,031 times
years ago it was memorial in Manchester and Raymond high school that took the candia kids.

but if school is not an issue, Val is right, Auburn, Candia, Hooksett - even Raymond are quick and easy commutes.

Old 06-20-2009, 01:24 PM

259 posts, read 601,687 times
Thanks! I hadn't even looked at Auburn, Candia, Hooksett or Raymond. Back to NNEREN! :-)

Old 06-20-2009, 01:40 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukieF View Post
Thanks! I hadn't even looked at Auburn, Candia, Hooksett or Raymond. Back to NNEREN! :-)
I would also consider looking in Weare as well. It is a bit more rural, but not too far from either Manchester or Concord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire