Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 10:11 PM

885 posts, read 2,660,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
Please reread my original post. I was talking about a vaccine which *does not prevent infectious disease* as in, this vaccine does nothing to prevent the passing of a disease from one person to the next. Not getting this vaccine poses NO risk to surrounding population whatsoever.
Your original post says this too:

Quote:
How disgusting to learn that there are mandatory immunizations in NH and no 'consciencious objector' type of exclusion, as in some other states.
and this:
Quote:
Is anyone in NH gov't. reading the damn license plates? What is the typical NH mindset, to roll over and go along with it? Parents should NOT be trumped by the state when it comes to what is injected into their children's bodies.
Your post includes the non-infectious example, but does not exclude the other incredibly infectious diseases from the two criticisms above. I believe that is the part to which I and others reacted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 03:51 AM

497 posts, read 953,018 times
you know what gets me a bit....

For decades, I mean really, decades, we all got immunized for Small pox. [everyone from the 60 something to the 30 somethings should still have the vaccine mark in the shoulder.]
Then the [ehemmm] Govt.s state that the virus is all but gone in the free world, so they stop the vaccine.

Now, looming on the horizon, the threat of global terrorism, and what's the viril strain the thoughtful terrorist folk are trying to introduce: Small pox

Not going along the lines of "drink the kool-aid cause we told you to", but I think perhaps the US should be pro-active, and protect it's populace, and perhaps re-institute the vaccine. Will it work? I don't know....Did it, will it actually protect the Generations Vaccinated?

My daughter was offered a chicken pox immunization when she was younger. not required, but recommended. I opted no. The Dr's response was, "well then, just bring her close to someone you know with the pox, and let her catch it".....!!!

Meningitis ran wild for a spell in the NYC area...

Now the Cervical Cancer shot. According to the medical community, it works. as a parent, you always want the best, and to protect your child....but how many times, how many immunizations, drugs, ect...

Sorry, rambling rant over.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
The world has developed many, many ways to infect, sicken and kill us. We have developed a few ways to stop the infectious materials. I suggest we use them.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:11 AM

263 posts, read 859,278 times
I agree with you 100% Greg! My son is fully vaccinated and will get boosters as needed and recommended by his pediatrician. I would not want to take any chances with his health...I had a great Aunt with polio, she never walked normally again after having it. I've had an extended family member die from chicken pox!!! My son IS vaccinated....

Old 07-09-2009, 05:43 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,945,596 times
I usually stay away from the more controversial threads, but have to comment on this one. IMO, chicken pox is one of those things that you either want to have your kids catch naturally, or get the vaccine to protect them. Simply going through life and hoping that they never come across somebody who is infected is quite a gamble. Especially when you remember that the virus is most contagious up to 5 days BEFORE any spots appear! If a child doesn't catch them by mid-teens, I would opt for the vaccine. I know someone who back in their early twenties got dreadfully sick with chicken pox. The chicken pox developed into some funky sort of pneumonia, and they were in the hospital on anti-viral drugs, etc. Not fun! Turns out that's one of the complications that can arise from a 'later-life chicken pox case" (later life is early 20's??) Anyway, just my experience and thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNHguy View Post
My daughter was offered a chicken pox immunization when she was younger. not required, but recommended. I opted no. The Dr's response was, "well then, just bring her close to someone you know with the pox, and let her catch it".....!!!
All 3 of my kids have had chicken pox, so I didn't have to make that call of 'vaccinate or not'...

Old 07-09-2009, 12:07 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,034,225 times
thing about chickenpox is, that if you get it as an adult, it's usually much worse and can have terrible complications (one of which is sterility. make sure you have all the kids you want to have first!). As a child, it's not usually so bad, and it was common to try to get your young child to play around someone who has it in hopes they catch it and get it over with.

Chickenpox also doesn't so much 'go away' as 'go dormant' - in your nervous system. It can reapear later in life.. it's then called 'shingles' which are lesions on the nerves and can be very painful until it goes dormant again. No telling why it re-appears, sometimes it never does.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:17 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Measles can be even worse.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:07 PM

8 posts, read 18,262 times
Here is a quick link that may help you. New Hampshire Immunization Exemption Information
Also many should research what is acually in vaccines ( aborted babies in the chicken pox vaccine ) just an example. Here is a good web site as well Say No to Vaccines - don't put your health at risk! and this one Saying No to Vaccines and yet another Saying No to Vaccines

There is much you can read on this subject. Hope this helps someone.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:42 PM

258 posts, read 667,050 times
Default swine flu vaccine?

So, what about the H1N1 (swine flu) vaccine? I'm hearing reports that it maybe mandatory. I find this disturbing.

While I am definitely for vaccines like polio, chicken pox, etc., (because they've been tested and nobody is dying from them), I am more than a little concerned about being (possibly) forced to take a newly created, barely tested vaccine.

I have contacts in the VC world here in Cali, and I have been hearing about this vaccine for a while now. By the time it's ready to distribute, they will have barely had time to test it.

I am almost 5 months pregnant, and I just don't know about injecting my body and my baby with something this new.

And what are the consequences if I don't?

Scary ****, to say the least. News reports are saying the next wave (due in the fall) will be over by end of November. Maybe I'll lock myself inside come September.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:58 PM

885 posts, read 2,660,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yep thats right View Post
Also many should research what is acually in vaccines ( aborted babies in the chicken pox vaccine ) just an example
Point in fact, while some vaccines are originally** developed from fetal tissue - no fetal tissue is used to mass produce the vaccine. There is a wonderfully stupid crowd on the web promoting this "vaccines are made from aborted babies" nonsense. They will have you believe that we're practically farming fetuses, chopping them up, and injecting them into people.

** 50yrs ago for most of the vaccines being discussed here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire