Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 01:19 PM

262 posts, read 790,134 times

Advertisements

Thanks to a lot of questions clarified in my other thread
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ll-vs-kop.html
CH is now on top of our list for our summer/fall 2011 planned Philly metro relocation! Hope I can ask a few more CH questions in this thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 01:20 PM

Looks like the 2 PATCO stations Ashland and Woodcrest are very close to each other? Do CH residents get parking preference in one of them? At which stations do CH residents get preferential parking? Or is parking not the issue here?

Which PATCO stations are CH residents most likely to use?
How much does a monthly pass on PATCO approx. cost? Unlimited use?
When does the train stop running?
How much does monthly parking at PATCO station cost?

Old 03-29-2011, 01:25 PM

I would think we would start out living in CH in a condo or townhouse that we might rent.

I came across Chanticleer. Are these condos or townhouses? From zillow, and guessing boundaries, it looks like a huge place bounded by Cropwell, Eavesham, and Kresson. Is that correct?

What other townhouse or condo developments in the 1.75K/mo rent range should I look at in CH?

Thanks.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:39 PM

398 posts, read 733,022 times
Please do basic research first before asking on the forum...
Ride PATCO - Port Authority Transit Corporation

I am not aware of any preferential parking at PATCO stations based on what township you live in.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northbound81 View Post
Please do basic research first before asking on the forum...
Ride PATCO - Port Authority Transit Corporation

I am not aware of any preferential parking at PATCO stations based on what township you live in.
Sorry about that. I had been to that website before, but I should have looked closer.

I dont see any info related to monthly passes? Fee seems to be $2.70 each way from CH (to Philadelphia). Since that is a reasonable amount, there is no pass?

Unable to find any info on monthly parking? When I click on individual station, I can see parking fee. Just first come, first served?

Timetable -- seems like PATCO trains never stop! I have had a tough time figuring out timetables on NJT type websites which have this matrix of times that only people familiar with it can understand, so I tried to take the easy route of asking on this site. PATCO seems simple enough.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:08 PM

I have read on Princeton Jn related discussions about waiting lists for parking. I suppose since PATCO is a limited service from Lindenwold to Philadelphia, that kind of situation does not exist?

Old 03-29-2011, 06:38 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,347,241 times
As far as I know, the lots don't fill up. But they're basically just surface lots so you may have a far walk. I believe you will need a FreedomCard ($5 for the card and $1 to park) to get into the lot.

Re: Ashland vs. Woodcrest...it probably just depends where you live. But Woodcrest has its own exit off 295 and of course is one stop closer to Philly.

You're right, I don't see anything about monthly passes, but I feel like you can probably get one. Probably worth calling to ask.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:51 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
I 1st started riding PATCO in 1969. You can buy single ride tickets, 2 way tickets & 10 ride tickets. (no discount) They are magnetic tickets that are swiped at the gates & swallowed by the machine when used up. They are degaussed & reprogrammed & reused for years. My preference is the single ride tickets. The stations & platforms are monitored with video cameras. You might be the only person on the platform, but you are never alone.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:56 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athensvaasi View Post
Looks like the 2 PATCO stations Ashland and Woodcrest are very close to each other? Do CH residents get parking preference in one of them? At which stations do CH residents get preferential parking? Or is parking not the issue here?

Which PATCO stations are CH residents most likely to use?
How much does a monthly pass on PATCO approx. cost? Unlimited use?
When does the train stop running?
How much does monthly parking at PATCO station cost?
Parking is 1st come 1st served. No one gets preference. I started going to Haddonfield, but it's a tiny lot, so switched & went to Westmont for years.

Woodcrest is a newer station than the rest. It was built to relieve over-crowdwd parking lots. Buslines also feed the PATCO stations.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:00 PM

398 posts, read 733,022 times
The lots I have been to (Lindenwold, Ashland, and Ferry Ave.) were free to park in and you don't need a card to enter the lot. There is a special section of the lot closer to the station where you do need a card to pay, it is the "priority" parking area. I think that is only the case on weekday rush hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia