Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 12:13 PM

79 posts, read 498,881 times

Advertisements

Williamstown is in Monroe Township.....so when you get the chance to do your research, look up Monroe township. You will see that this town has everything for everyone. There are very keen on sports for the children and very family oriented. There is something going on in this town, whether its a parade or carnivals.

Washington township is a great town as well. The schools and sports are very important to this town, homes here a re a little more expensive than Monroe township. Not knowing your budget, you can always view homes online. This township is also family oriented and there is something going on here. There is a park, that un the summer they have free movie night, where they give out popcorn and soft drinks, all you need is a blanket.

Both towns are great.....I am planning on moving to Monroe twp. b/c you can more for your money there and its only 10 mins away from washington twp. so I can still come to town.

One thing more: Both towns are close to major shopping and supermarkets. Also there are mini malls, for dry cleaners-nail salons-pizzeria-99cents store- etc...

Good luck in your research...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 11:32 AM

23,870 posts, read 33,581,353 times
Thank you. We've started looking down there. I think I found something but have to sell hubby on it.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:17 PM

79 posts, read 498,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thank you. We've started looking down there. I think I found something but have to sell hubby on it.
Where did you look at? let me know if you need help

Old 08-24-2007, 07:19 AM

Thanks for the offer. Right now, since I am very interested and have to convince hubby, I'm going to wait to say where because the lots are few. I hope to go back this weekend to see if we can work a deal.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:33 AM

To update this, we ended up buying in Willow Woods after driving around to every new home community and driving by a lot of houses that are for sale. There were a lot of homes on the market that looked great online but once we drove by the lots were small or we didn't like something about it.

We're pretty comfortable with our decision to choose Richmond, so far it's been a very positive experience.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:21 AM

1 posts, read 3,973 times
Thumbs up Winslow

I happened to read the boards on Winslow Township and its school system.
there has been many articles written about the Winslow High School to the point where I was begining to worry about my son going there this year (Middle School).

I grew up (Did my High School) in Winslow, NJ and it was one of the best experiences I ever had to date. The diversity was incredible and everyone got along and it was an experience that was an education in itself.

It is true that there are some disruptive students as the community has a mix of upper middle class to the lower economic groups; and family values vary greatly. In my proffession I work with various school systems in South Jersey and some of the biggest drug problems are in the most affluent areas!!

Bottom line is that if a child wants an education they will get one in whatever school is available.

Glad to say that my son is doing well, continues to be on the honor roll, playing sports, very social and loves going to Winslow Schools.

Oh yeah, as far as the neighborhoods, you will not find the size lots, size houses and affordablity anywhere but in Winslow township!!! No matter what your price range!!! We have houses that go for $500,000 to under $100,000.

Don't miss out on a good deal, just because of the diversity in the community!!!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:32 AM

Unfortunatly the school won't work for my daughter, so we had to make the decision to move on to another town. The lot we put a deposit on was beautiful, it was at the end of the street and pretty private. I don't doubt someone else will love the lot.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:52 AM

42 posts, read 62,822 times
Winslow Twp in the last five years has gone down hill. Sicklerville has some real shady areas where most of the trouble comes from. At the high school they've had gang fights, bomb scares and fighting that have risen in the past few years. I remember Winslow Twp has a quiet open farm land town but now some parts resemble Camden. Do yourself a favor and look into Monroe, Washington Township, Gloucester Township, Mullica Hill or Pitman. All safe areas, good strong schools system and dedicated sports teams, that's my two cents.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilo81 View Post
Winslow Twp in the last five years has gone down hill. Sicklerville has some real shady areas where most of the trouble comes from. At the high school they've had gang fights, bomb scares and fighting that have risen in the past few years. I remember Winslow Twp has a quiet open farm land town but now some parts resemble Camden. Do yourself a favor and look into Monroe, Washington Township, Gloucester Township, Mullica Hill or Pitman. All safe areas, good strong schools system and dedicated sports teams, that's my two cents.

We bought in Williamstown

Old 10-05-2007, 11:21 AM

299 posts, read 1,333,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown29 View Post
I live in Washington twp.... and the homes and schools are great. Also Williamstown have great homes and schools are Blue ribbons. You may want to consider looking into these towns. I moved here from north Jersey about 4 years ago and my hubby still works up north- I don't regret the move.

Need more info. let me know.....
Hey, are Sal's pizza & Toluto's still there Two of my favorite places I plan to go to when I come back for a visit. Have you ever been to the store Antiques only on Ganttown Road? Another stop for me when I return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia