Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 06:46 AM

819 posts, read 3,208,145 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have any experience with this car dealer? I'm going tomorrow to purchase a car, and I would love to hear any reviews/rants/raves about this dealer.

Used Cars Pennsauken NJ Used Pickup Trucks Pennsauken - J&C AUTO OUTLET LLC

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 05:17 AM

414 posts, read 931,121 times
I'm not even sure where to begin here....Although I've never purchased anything from this particular dealer, they appear to be like most of the "Buy Here-Pay Here" places in NJ and PA.

I checked out their website from the link you posted and these are older, high mileage cars (one I saw had 173,000 miles). I'm willing to bet that many of these cars have hidden "surprises" that this dealer won't tell you about.

Case in point, I bought a used 1991 Mazda RX-7 from a similar type dealer in Delran on Route 130 back in '99 (now out of business)..while the mileage wasn't bad at all (30 or 40 k miles) and the engine was in good shape, the shocks were in really bad shape, it needed a total paint job overhaul on the entire car, and the power antenna needed fixing. ALL they were willing to do was fix the antenna ..The rest was "As Is, Where Is, Deal with it".

Wish I had avoided it, but at the time I really wanted an RX-7 in red and wasn't exactly the type of car you'd see on a larger dealer's lot. Oh well, you live and learn.

Back to your dealer though...Another thing that's a red flag to me is its location. Admiral Wilson Blvd in Pennsauken/Camden isn't the best place to buy anything, much less a car.

My advice would be to look elsewhere, even if you're just looking for a winter beater type of car.

On that note, what is your budget? Are you just looking for a 2nd car as a winter beater? Have you been turned down from the larger dealers?

If you DO decide to shop elsewhere, avoid the Cherry Hill Triplex on Rte. 70, by the way. A friend of mine got royally screwed by these crooks.

Good luck to you!

Old 02-11-2014, 09:42 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,687,668 times
No experience with them overall, but they do seem to be the typical "shady used car dealer". However, like I said in the other thread when you are in that particular price range you have limited options. I'd rather see you buy from a private seller as they are usually a bit safer of a bet then those dealers, but private seller means more shopping and a possibly more complicated transaction. Regardless, get the car inspected by a mechanic before you buy. Tine Brothers in Haddon Township is a good little shop for an inspection like that.

Ditto on the comments about the Triplex. Just be aware that the same guy (Charles Foulke and sons) also owns Mall Chevy, Mount Ephraim Dodge, Maple Shade Fiat, the Atlantic Auto Group, as well as some other businesses. Any stereotype ever written about shady, slimy car dealers was written about these guys. They've been sued so many times from regular people and organizations to the car manufacturers themselves to the state attorney general, I have no idea how they stay in business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia