Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2010, 12:25 PM

30 posts, read 50,956 times

Advertisements

I'll be taking a bite out the Big Apple. Looking for hotel accommodation in walking distant from Newark's Penn-Station Thx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 12:29 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times
Theres 4 to choose form , i guess your arriving by Amtrak?

Old 07-24-2010, 01:26 PM

2,388 posts, read 2,342,073 times
If you really mean Newark's Penn Station(not NY Penn), the Hilton Gateway is across the street. You should be able to afford it: Newark Hotels - Hilton Newark Penn Station Hotel, NJ - New Jersey

Old 07-24-2010, 01:37 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times
If your plan is to visit NYC, why not stay at a hotel in NYC? I'm assuming you want to stay in Newark because you think it will be cheaper. Not so. You can find plenty of comparable hotels in midtown. That's not to knock staying in Jersey...I just think that it would be a lot less hassle to stay in the place you actually want to visit.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seque5tra View Post
If your plan is to visit NYC, why not stay at a hotel in NYC? I'm assuming you want to stay in Newark because you think it will be cheaper. Not so. You can find plenty of comparable hotels in midtown. That's not to knock staying in Jersey...I just think that it would be a lot less hassle to stay in the place you actually want to visit.
He said Newark , sheesh why are you telling him there cheaper hotels in NYC? Taxes will get you there , just a simple drink at a restaurant in NYC will cost you 2$ more then Jersey. Staying in NJ means he can take the Train to the beach or West to the Mountains.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:10 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
He said Newark , sheesh why are you telling him there cheaper hotels in NYC? Taxes will get you there , just a simple drink at a restaurant in NYC will cost you 2$ more then Jersey. Staying in NJ means he can take the Train to the beach or West to the Mountains.
That's a good point that if he stayed in NJ he would have the additional option of touring NJ.

However, he says he wants to "take a bite out of the Big Apple" and his other thread mentions Times Square, so I assumed he only wanted to tour NYC. In which case, all I'm saying is that if you're gonna spend $125 to stay in Newark near Penn Station, you can spend $125 to stay in a hotel right in midtown, and you don't have to worry about commuting on your vacation. A lot of tourists are under the mistaken belief that you can find a $50 motel in NJ if you want to visit the "Big Apple".

Old 07-24-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seque5tra View Post
That's a good point that if he stayed in NJ he would have the additional option of touring NJ.

However, he says he wants to "take a bite out of the Big Apple" and his other thread mentions Times Square, so I assumed he only wanted to tour NYC. In which case, all I'm saying is that if you're gonna spend $125 to stay in Newark near Penn Station, you can spend $125 to stay in a hotel right in midtown, and you don't have to worry about commuting on your vacation. A lot of tourists are under the mistaken belief that you can find a $50 motel in NJ if you want to visit the "Big Apple".
But its cheaper in NJ , even if you find a same price in NY the taxes on food and drinks will put such a burden on you. It cost me the other day .50 more on a drink then in NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: