Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 03:34 PM

48 posts, read 134,562 times

Advertisements

Also....we would like to rent a house, but don't want to pay the 1 month realtor fee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 12:59 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frump View Post
I love Aldi's. I didn't know there were any in NJ! Where?
There is one on Route 36 in West Long Branch. Another in Middletown, I think.

That's not close to you, though, and it's an hour from Newark.

Here's a search thing for locations:

http://www.insiderpages.com/store_finder/find/aldi

Old 10-09-2010, 01:06 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
how do you know that it is not healthier... WebMD says its inconclusive.

nutrients aside what about the chemical fertilizers and pesticides we use on these foods, the hormones that go into the animals, etc. we end up eating them, it ends up running off and going into our water supply, etc.
Yeah, but you know what? NJ's pretty much toxic by now, and we're all surviving. Either our bodies adjust or we'd be dropping like flies.

I mean, yes, we should do what we can not to totally poison ourselves, but I don't think we should waste too much precious time worrying about all the things in our soil and water that can kill us. It either will or it won't.

I did read that because of all the preservatives in our food it takes longer for us to decompose after death.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:22 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frump View Post
Thank you. I guess I should never have mentioned my grocery preference. Let's forget about Whole Foods and Trader Joe's for now. We would like an area that is not too congested. I found Montclair to be fairly congested. Ridgewood sounds interesting. How about Westfield?

How south could we go without being too far from Kearny?

BTW- I do believe organic is important with some foods, but mainly I look at ingredients in a product. My favorite place for veggies/fruit is the Farmer's Market.
sorry, i enjoy turning people away from the whole organic fad. i just dont see the benefits especially when considered against the cost.

westfield is a very nice town but its pricey. i dont know why people push montclair, it sounds terrible.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:24 PM

877 posts, read 2,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
sorry, i enjoy turning people away from the whole organic fad. i just dont see the benefits especially when considered against the cost.

westfield is a very nice town but its pricey. i dont know why people push montclair, it sounds terrible.
Montclair isn't terrible. It's got its areas like any place else. It's a half/half town.

The area by the college, Upper Montclair, is probably one of the most desirable places to live in North Jersey. The south side by Bloomfield Ave is a bit rundown and borders Orange and East Orange, but is improving from what I can understand from recent discussions about it on these boards.

In that area Little Falls would be my first choice, it's Passaic County, not Essex County so you save in terms of taxes and cost of living.

Westfield has always been known as a rich people town, and it does have some astounding areas, but be prepared to pay a hefty amount there as well. Union County for the record so it's still a better option than any Essex town IMO. If you like Westfield also check out Scotch Plains. Have relatives there and they love it, just finished redoing their house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey