Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 04:51 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
I would pay $60 for a plate if it was a one time fee, but I cant afford to pay $60 a year just to have a yankees license plate.
Agree on that except it would be the Met plate for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 09:55 AM

1,604 posts, read 3,886,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I never understand this argument.

You do know that Philadelphia and New York are directly across the river from NJ right? Especially in Philadelphia, where the stadium complex is basically as soon as you get over the bridge, you can be there much quicker than if you're coming from most parts of PA.

I always hated it when people said "why are you a Philadelphia fan even though you live in NJ?". By your logic, does that mean it's okay to be a Pittsburgh fan if you live in Philadelphia? It's only a 5 hour drive, but hey, at least it's in the same state!
I agree. I especially hate it when people ask how I'm from NJ and a Philadelphia Phan and not a NY fan.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:17 PM

912 posts, read 2,446,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
I agree. I especially hate it when people ask how I'm from NJ and a Philadelphia Phan and not a NY fan.
LOL. I always loved that one too. Somehow it's perfectly "Jersey" to be a fan of a team from Queens or The Bronx, but North Jersey people think it's so strange that South Jersey people root for the Phils, Eagles and Flyers.

As I see it, if the Devils cared about ALL of New Jersey residents, they would have located themselves in a location central to everyone in the state. I have no desire to battle traffic from here to Newark to see them when I could take Rt. 70 right from practically my backyard into Philly to see the Flyers.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:23 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,886,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGambler View Post
LOL. I always loved that one too. Somehow it's perfectly "Jersey" to be a fan of a team from Queens or The Bronx, but North Jersey people think it's so strange that South Jersey people root for the Phils, Eagles and Flyers.

As I see it, if the Devils cared about ALL of New Jersey residents, they would have located themselves in a location central to everyone in the state. I have no desire to battle traffic from here to Newark to see them when I could take Rt. 70 right from practically my backyard into Philly to see the Flyers.
Agreed. An hour up Rt 55 and I'm there. Less if I don't care about silly little things like speed limits! Or I could spend 2.5+ hours going to Newark, and that's with speeding.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:25 AM

1,548 posts, read 4,316,442 times
Default Yes, there is an annual fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
Hello friends... I think you're misunderstanding the pricing. As I read it, the fee for non-customized sports plates is only a one-time charge of $60....
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
New Jersey Devils License plate fees
NHL license plates are available for a one-time $60 fee. Personalized plates are available for an additional $50 fee. A yearly renewal fee of $60 also applies. These fees are in addition to regular registration fees.
My interpretation of the above statement is that you will also pay an annual renewal fee of $60.00 per year....
Kate -- you're absolutely right and I was dead wrong. Yes, there is a $60 annual renewal fee. Sorry if I misled anyone.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:55 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
Kate -- you're absolutely right and I was dead wrong. Yes, there is a $60 annual renewal fee. Sorry if I misled anyone.
It had me confused as well, had to reread it..the only justification for an annual fee may be they have to pay a licensing fee....not me that's for sure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey