Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2007, 09:16 AM

114 posts, read 208,773 times

Advertisements

Hey I'm looking to own A Condo in Middlesex or somerset county however dont have much to go by not sure how much i should be saving and whether i'd be allowed to move in with my dog if anyone can give me any advice, prices, and any alternate counties that are very good please feel free to post them any help will be great. I currently like in Maplewood and was looking for something with that same suburban enviroment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 09:20 AM

1,289 posts, read 6,096,057 times
There are plently of apartments in the area that you could choose from. Middlesex county has lots of rental communities or private rentals. Edison, East Brunswick, North Brunswick, South Brunswick, New Brunswick, and a few others come to mind. If you have any idea of where you want to be, I can help you a little more but with those two counties you can be all over the place. Do you work in a specific location and your commute needs to be a certain time length or have a town or towns that you love?

Old 07-20-2007, 09:27 AM

umm no not really i'm currently in school and should be graduatiing vey soon and was looking to get a head start on searching but i currently work in springfield but i doubt i'll be working here once i've completed school. A friend of mine lives in old bridge a beautiful area so maybe somewhere near there maybe farther north of oldbridge i'd say i dont really have a exact preference i'll take your best recommendation

Old 07-20-2007, 09:30 AM

Okay. So you are looking in the Old Bridge, East Brunswick, New Brunswick, and Sayreville areas. Old Bridge is nice as long as you are in the right section. In this area you should have no problem finding a condo that will allow pets. As for rentals, in these areas you are looking mostly at private ownership units that are renting out themselves. Not many rent only buildings in these particular areas. What was your price range for purchasing and renting?

Old 07-20-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeViper01 View Post
Okay. So you are looking in the Old Bridge, East Brunswick, New Brunswick, and Sayreville areas. Old Bridge is nice as long as you are in the right section. In this area you should have no problem finding a condo that will allow pets. As for rentals, in these areas you are looking mostly at private ownership units that are renting out themselves. Not many rent only buildings in these particular areas. What was your price range for purchasing and renting?
You see that the thing i really dont know how much i should be saving i havent got a clue as to how much i should be looking to cough up i wanna know now so i can work toward there do you have any idea of how much condo in that area good for roughly and if i decides to rent what city would u recommend near that area that has an abundance of apartments that are willing to rent to an ower with a dog

Old 07-20-2007, 09:45 AM

Hopefully this breakdown will help:

In Old Bridge you can get an older (20 years old or so) 2 bedroom condo/townhouse in the mid to high $200 Range depending on the condition and age of the property.

In East Brunswick a two bedroom condo will run you in the $280-$300K range because of their school system and close family like community. Always a good selling point so they get you a bit.

In New Brunswick they are on a whole new revitalization project so there are lots of communities going up. Problem is many of them are high end but there is this one new condo complex called Fulton Square and the units are in the $275K range. They seem to be a lot of home for your money, especially in this area.

Lastly, Sayreville has a huge complex called La Mer and they have SEVERAL condos and townhouses also for sale. The 2 bedrooms condos tend to go for low $300 range because they are only a few years old.

So all and all if you are purchasing, I would say that you are in the $275K - $325K range depending on the area and your needs. With that said, all of these are pet friendly.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:49 AM

Now as for renting:

In this area you are looking at between $1400 and $1800 for rentals. $1400 a month will get you a two bedroom condo that is probably about 20 years old. For the most part they will be in good condition.

For about $1600 a month you will still be in the older condo range but usually updated extensively or a lot larger than the previously stated units. Some of these event tend to be townhouses (2 floors) instead of condos which are only one floor.

Lastly, in the $1800 a month range you will be in a rather new unit or a large townhouse unit. Square footage in this range tends to be around 1300+.

Hope this helps!!

Old 07-20-2007, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Now as for renting:

In this area you are looking at between $1400 and $1800 for rentals. $1400 a month will get you a two bedroom condo that is probably about 20 years old. For the most part they will be in good condition.

For about $1600 a month you will still be in the older condo range but usually updated extensively or a lot larger than the previously stated units. Some of these event tend to be townhouses (2 floors) instead of condos which are only one floor.

Lastly, in the $1800 a month range you will be in a rather new unit or a large townhouse unit. Square footage in this range tends to be around 1300+.

Hope this helps!!
Yea you helped alot wow these prices are higher than i thought i saw a colonial Condo going for about 175k - 200k and question wht ia the big deal with people wanting new home honestly for my first place I dont have a preference but i dont need a 2 bedroom one bedroon will be fine even a decent size studio at a starter anyway are the prices still the same for those

Old 07-20-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyM'Fers View Post
Yea you helped alot wow these prices are higher than i thought i saw a colonial Condo going for about 175k - 200k and question wht ia the big deal with people wanting new home honestly for my first place I dont have a preference but i dont need a 2 bedroom one bedroon will be fine even a decent size studio at a starter anyway are the prices still the same for those
Problem with the area is that only a few complexes have one bedrooms but I know that Crosspointe in East Brunswick has one bedroom units. There is a small unit which is around 600 square feet and tends to rent for about $1000/Month and the larger one bedroom at about 800 square feet tends to be around $1300/Month. Two bedrooms are available for $1500 - $1600/Month.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Problem with the area is that only a few complexes have one bedrooms but I know that Crosspointe in East Brunswick has one bedroom units. There is a small unit which is around 600 square feet and tends to rent for about $1000/Month and the larger one bedroom at about 800 square feet tends to be around $1300/Month. Two bedrooms are available for $1500 - $1600/Month.
Well thank you very much DodgeViper01 you've been more than helpful i left you a rep point as appreciation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey