Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 06:50 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,077,463 times

Advertisements

NJ Transit buses 68 (to J.C. and Hoboken) and 138 (to Port Authority) run up & down Route 18. They average about 45 mins to an hour on a normal morning. I've taken both of them. Both buses stop at the Windsor Pharmacy on 18 which is across from the McD's. You might still be able to park in the Pathmark lot for free but I'm not sure. Once they built the commuter parking deck they were talking of not allowing people to park there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 10:15 PM

4 posts, read 10,493 times
Hi,
EB- bcon we can afford a younger/new house arnd 500k with good schools
already searched metuchen and edison..new/younger houses are in high 600's..and high school rating is 7 as compared to 9 of EB.

Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj_native247 View Post
Good area, but i am not fan of Rt 18 as I have looked into houses there because of all the traffic and lights.

I am sure you can find other ways to where you have to go, but that prob. involves in-town driving and some more lights.

I would check all possible routes and possibly drive around the times you plan to commute in advance to get a sense of what you are looking at.

PS - if you don't mind, why EB? There are other towns in great areas where you can get to the city via train such as Edison, or Colonia or possibly even drive (however, you will hit some sort of traffic in the morning no matter where you are driving from IMO getting into NYC)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey