Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:24 PM

4 posts, read 12,458 times

Advertisements

So confusing..

I will be traveling daily for work between Metropark NJ and Suburban Station in Philadelphia PA. I know that the Northeast corridor line goes to Trenton Transit center and I can then transfer to another train which will bring me to Philly (30th St station I believe) but what I don't know is.. Is there a transfer fee to be paid or just show the ticket/pass from the northeast corridor line? Also if I have to pay a transfer to get on the connection train does that allow me to transfer again once I get to 30th st station so I can then get to my final destination (Suburban Station)?

Sorry if this is all confusing I am just trying to figure out what it will cost me monthly as well as the best way to get down there at least for the first week until I start knowing my way around.

Tom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 10:39 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times
Take the Septa Trenton line form Suburban Station to Trenton , then Switch at Trenton for the Northeast Corridor line and take that to Metropark. Should take 1.20-2hrs... You have to buy a Septa and NJT Monthly pass. Septa and NJT are separate agencies... You can take Amtrak form 30th Street to Metropark , keep in mind this is 2x more expensive but you don't need to switch trains...

Old 04-28-2011, 09:21 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,921,303 times
Also on the question for 30th street and suburban station. If you are taking Septa from trenton the regional lines all stop at both 30th street and suburban station. Suburban station is the next stop on that line (all Septa regional rail lines stop at the three main Center City stops (30th, Suburban, and Market East) Amtrak only stops at 30th street.

You honestly may want to look at the price of a an Amtrak monthly pass if it exists - it potentially could shave 20 minutes each way and depending on where you are working suburban and 30th street are really only about 10 blocks from one another and potentially you could walk to work from there. Also not that I advocate it but in Center City between 30th and Market East they bascially never check tickets. there is also the MFL subway that stops at 30th and then through CC byt where you would be working

Good luck as with connections on NJT and Speta it can be a substantial commute

Old 04-28-2011, 09:33 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,921,303 times
As an FYI in my own curiousity I looked up the monthly rate for unlimted Amtrak from metro park to 30ths street and it is $1,062 per month

Amtrak - Reservations - Multi Ride - Find Ticket

It looks like you would need and anywhere monthly pass from trenton to 30th which is $191 and a monthly NJT pass is $248 so a lot cheaper

Old 04-28-2011, 10:05 AM

4 posts, read 12,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
As an FYI in my own curiousity I looked up the monthly rate for unlimted Amtrak from metro park to 30ths street and it is $1,062 per month

Amtrak - Reservations - Multi Ride - Find Ticket

It looks like you would need and anywhere monthly pass from trenton to 30th which is $191 and a monthly NJT pass is $248 so a lot cheaper
I knew Amtrak would be pricey but that's just insane lol.

I'll be sticking to the 2 train method of getting down there. Thanks to the both of you for the info!!

Old 04-28-2011, 10:10 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,876 times
FYI something I found out recently at Trenton station the Septa tickets are sold from the very same machine that sells NJtransit tickets, u just have to press the septa logo.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:59 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,951,702 times
get a double ended monthly pass from 30th to metropark thats it done all on one pass

Old 04-28-2011, 08:07 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,442 times
Definitely get the NJT monthly pass! Daily tickets will cost around $35 round trip.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:29 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,951,702 times
remember to select suburban station as your destination on ur monthly pass so you can get unlimited use on BOTH NJT AND SEPTA bus and rail services.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:28 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,365,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Take the Septa Trenton line form Suburban Station to Trenton , then Switch at Trenton for the Northeast Corridor line and take that to Metropark. Should take 1.20-2hrs... You have to buy a Septa and NJT Monthly pass. Septa and NJT are separate agencies... You can take Amtrak form 30th Street to Metropark , keep in mind this is 2x more expensive but you don't need to switch trains...
DAMN, you're good, Nexis. MAN!!! How do you know all this stuff?!?!

I tried to rep you, but couldn't ... again ... right now. But maybe this post will mean so much more, in the long run.

Anyway ... REALLY ... how can you keep up with so much about these agencies and their fare structures?!?!?!?! You are amazing!

And you provide a much needed service here on C-D.

Just wish you knew how to spell "FROM".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: