Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 05:29 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,962,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
Tony- Just add Nexis4Jersey to your ignore list. I have done so and life is so much better without seeing any of his posts.
The same can be said about you. Your trolling in in all things NJ is sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 10:09 PM

6 posts, read 9,229 times
Been living for 3 months now in Newark and I have survived. I live in the Forest Hill area so is not that bad. But I can't wait to find a good job and get out of here. I'm considering Kearny, Nutley, Lyndhurst or North Arlington. I'm Puerto Rican, but I need to get away from the Hispanic community. I still don't know why most of the Hispanic and Black communities can make a city or town look so bad,dangerous and dirty.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:51 PM
bay

425 posts, read 2,926,345 times
My company is in Newark across the prudental center. I just heard the 3rd robbery case from co-workers this month.
1st one got robbed during his smoking break around 11am downstair. 2nd one got punch and robbed at the parking lot in rush hours. The police just came for 3rd case this month. One guy from my company just got robbed for the iphone4.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:25 PM

431 posts, read 942,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bay View Post
My company is in Newark across the prudental center. I just heard the 3rd robbery case from co-workers this month.
1st one got robbed during his smoking break around 11am downstair. 2nd one got punch and robbed at the parking lot in rush hours. The police just came for 3rd case this month. One guy from my company just got robbed for the iphone4.

Are any of them being reported?: Newark, NJ Crime Map - Showing Crimes in Newark - Crime Statistics, Alerts and Reports - Crime Stops Here

Old 07-29-2011, 10:02 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bay View Post
Which street is this exactly?

Old 07-29-2011, 05:45 PM

332 posts, read 528,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicegirl20896 View Post
Is Newark a bad place to live? Crime etc.
Please don't move to Newark, especially with the recent news my roommate gave me about what happened there. It's bad everywhere if you ask me.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:42 AM
bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Which street is this exactly?
We are in Gateway Center which is around Penn Station and Prudential Center. Parking lot is right across the prudential center. I saw police came to our office. I think all incidents are reported. I also heard that police did not even come right way when the guard called. Maybe they don't think robbery is big deal in Newark.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:53 AM

2,388 posts, read 2,342,073 times
Not saying the story is false, but it could be exaggerated. Maybe noticing some bums or crackheads freaked them out, got scared and called the police. I find it odd an employee got robbed in front of the Gateway building in broad daylight with cameras and people around. And if they were reported it would have crept into the media regardless of how the city tried to hide it

Old 07-30-2011, 02:01 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
Not saying the story is false, but it could be exaggerated. Maybe noticing some bums or crackheads freaked them out, got scared and called the police. I find it odd an employee got robbed in front of the Gateway building in broad daylight with cameras and people around. And if they were reported it would have crept into the media regardless of how the city tried to hide it
This is kind of what I was driving at. I've worked in Gateway for years. We definitely had car break-ins over time (even those aren't as frequent), but other than that I haven't seen/heard much of anything. It's a closed loop office complex and doesn't get too much external foot traffic (though some).

I'm not calling it false either, but I too find it odd an employee getting robbed in front of it. (and wondering why no one has said anything)

Old 07-30-2011, 06:49 PM
bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
This is kind of what I was driving at. I've worked in Gateway for years. We definitely had car break-ins over time (even those aren't as frequent), but other than that I haven't seen/heard much of anything. It's a closed loop office complex and doesn't get too much external foot traffic (though some).

I'm not calling it false either, but I too find it odd an employee getting robbed in front of it. (and wondering why no one has said anything)
We are at 2 Gateway. I think the first case happened right downstair at Ferry street entrance. We guess maybe it's 11am which may not have many people on the street yet. 2 guys approached him and robbed him at the corner of the entrance which guard cannot see them due to angle. He went upstair and told the guard. The guard called police and police only came the next day. The second case happened in the parking lot right across the prudential center. The guy got punched and robbed. The third case just happened last week and we saw police came to office as iphone4 is company phone.
The office moved to Gateway in 2008 and I have never heard anything like that happened to our co-workers until this month. I am not a panic person. I used to live in westside of Jersey City before we moved last year. I don't even feel unsafe living there. In the newark office, I only felt uncomfortable when I stayed late in the office due to more external foot traffic in the building during off hours. Otherwise, I do not feel unsafe. Now..I am not so sure.

Last edited by bay; 07-30-2011 at 06:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey