Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 09:42 AM

431 posts, read 942,830 times

Advertisements

Di Ionno: Death of Newark police officer tells tragic tale of irony in city's South Ward | NJ.com

Unless you move all the ghetto idiots out, nothing will change as you can destroy so much with a few bullets... students, creditors, redevelopers all know this.

Dump all the money on welfare and section 8 you want ... its not helping... and actually makes things worse as you let losers flourish. Take away all the handouts and these people will leave as they can't survive here living the way they do and will actually need to work hard to make it on their own or leave. Those that do work hard and are educated and disciplined will stay and flourish and raise strong families the idiots will die or move away.

The way the welfare system is setup, you have welfare idiots and drug dealers living next to hard working families in Newark.

Really if the mom had any decency how can she continue her plans for a wedding, after her son has been arrested and charged in connection with the death of a police officer? Low life garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 10:03 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,414,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamnwk View Post
Di Ionno: Death of Newark police officer tells tragic tale of irony in city's South Ward | NJ.com

Unless you move all the ghetto idiots out, nothing will change as you can destroy so much with a few bullets... students, creditors, redevelopers all know this.

Dump all the money on welfare and section 8 you want ... its not helping... and actually makes things worse as you let losers flourish. Take away all the handouts and these people will leave as they can't survive here living the way they do and will actually need to work hard to make it on their own or leave. Those that do work hard and are educated and disciplined will stay and flourish and raise strong families the idiots will die or move away.

The way the welfare system is setup, you have welfare idiots and drug dealers living next to hard working families in Newark.

Really if the mom had any decency how can she continue her plans for a wedding, after her son has been arrested and charged in connection with the death of a police officer? Low life garbage.

Honestly I wish I had an answer. To think we blame cops,teachers and everybody else and yet nobody has the guts to call it like it is. Everyone is to blame other then the actual problems. I for one also agree that cities like these will never ever get better. A huge number of people in those cities are apathetic,ignorant, sad sack of human beings. I truely feel bad for those who are trying to do well yet are only squashed by these ignorant fools. I wish I had an answer to this problem but its just systemic and not sure we can ever change it.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:43 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,047,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Honestly I wish I had an answer. To think we blame cops,teachers and everybody else and yet nobody has the guts to call it like it is. Everyone is to blame other then the actual problems. I for one also agree that cities like these will never ever get better. A huge number of people in those cities are apathetic,ignorant, sad sack of human beings. I truely feel bad for those who are trying to do well yet are only squashed by these ignorant fools. I wish I had an answer to this problem but its just systemic and not sure we can ever change it.
2-step solution:

1) Eliminate handouts, entitlements, and welfare, along with the philosophy that creates them.
2) Wait.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:47 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,414,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
2-step solution:

1) Eliminate handouts, entitlements, and welfare, along with the philosophy that creates them.
2) Wait.

Honestly ok that will work. How many minutes have you spent in any type of city? I love people who say all will be fixed with stopping the handouts. What will be fixed is you. Not saying those people deserve them but I know I dont want them at my doorsteps. I was born and raised in Newark so I know just a little bit about that element.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:48 PM

83 posts, read 224,858 times
I don't mean this to be racist or elitist, but people who can not care for children, should not have them. I don't mean financially either. There are many poor people or people of color that are excellent parents. There are severely disturbed and dysfunctional people that keep on having children and society has to keep on paying for them.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:00 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,953,111 times
Quote:
2-step solution:

2) Wait.
So true there needs to be a mayor with enough balls to kill off the WELFARE!!!!!! and section 8 Or limit it to students only or limit the handouts to be temporary so struggling hard working ppl who are trying to do good have a safety net as they get on their own 2 feet. It should be limited to no longer than 4.5 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks29 View Post
I don't mean this to be racist or elitist, but people who can not care for children, should not have them. I don't mean financially either. There are many poor people or people of color that are excellent parents. There are severely disturbed and dysfunctional people that keep on having children and society has to keep on paying for them.
I totally understand your comment and where ur coming from you sir are not a racist!!! I am black and still understand the rule.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:20 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,047,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
Honestly ok that will work. How many minutes have you spent in any type of city? I love people who say all will be fixed with stopping the handouts. What will be fixed is you. Not saying those people deserve them but I know I dont want them at my doorsteps. I was born and raised in Newark so I know just a little bit about that element.
So you are saying pay up or face violent consequences? Sounds like robbery. You know what we do with robbers don't we?

Old 05-29-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
2-step solution:

2) Wait.

110% agree! NJ doesn't have ONE successful city thanks to the democrats running the state with their liberal agenda.

Plus don't worry, Newark is about to get much worse:

1 dead in 3 shootings in Newark today; 3 killed yesterday | NJ.com

Newark has seen a recent spasm of violence. Three people were shot dead Saturday, dotting the North, Central and South wards. Thursday night, William Johnson, an off-duty Newark police officer, was killed in a drive-by shooting. One teenager has been arrested in Johnson's slaying. But all four of those incidents are still under investigation, according to the Essex County Prosecutor's office.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
So true there needs to be a mayor with enough balls to kill off the WELFARE!!!!!! and section 8 Or limit it to students only or limit the handouts to be temporary so struggling hard working ppl who are trying to do good have a safety net as they get on their own 2 feet. It should be limited to no longer than 4.5 years.

I totally understand your comment and where ur coming from you sir are not a racist!!! I am black and still understand the rule.
I disagree, it should be only 2 years MAX, thus people can go to a community college or trade school and get an education and then get ahead otherwise what is the point other than to give a free ride

Also my detective side is making me wonder if the police unions have anything to do with the spike in crime?
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=1777

VIOLENT CRIME
05/29/11 13:30(NEWARK - 852.6000) UPDATE: SHOOTING CRIME SCENE SETUP, ALL VICS TRANSPORTED UMDNJ TRAUMA. POLICE DEPARTMENT ON SCENE. [NJY066]VIOLENT CRIME
05/29/11 13:28(NEWARK - 852.6000) UPDATE: 2 ADDITIONAL VICTIMS FOUND , POLICE DEPARTMENT LOOKING FOR WHITE TRAILBLAZER AS POSS SUSPECT VEHICLE [NJY066]VIOLENT CRIME
05/29/11 13:06(NEWARK - 852.6000) SHOOTING: 1 MALE SHOT WITH POLICE DEPARTMENT ON SCENE WITH ALS/BLS ENROUTE. MAJOR CRIME NOTIFIED AS WELL AS ESU [NJY066]

Last edited by liamnwk; 05-29-2011 at 06:55 PM..

Old 05-29-2011, 07:01 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,953,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamnwk View Post
I disagree, it should be only 2 years MAX, thus people can go to a community college or trade school and get an education and then get ahead otherwise what is the point other than to give a free ride

Also my detective side is making me wonder if the police unions have anything to do with the spike in crime?
Essex County, New Jersey (NJ) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

VIOLENT CRIME
05/29/11 13:30(NEWARK - 852.6000) UPDATE: SHOOTING CRIME SCENE SETUP, ALL VICS TRANSPORTED UMDNJ TRAUMA. POLICE DEPARTMENT ON SCENE. [NJY066]VIOLENT CRIME
05/29/11 13:28(NEWARK - 852.6000) UPDATE: 2 ADDITIONAL VICTIMS FOUND , POLICE DEPARTMENT LOOKING FOR WHITE TRAILBLAZER AS POSS SUSPECT VEHICLE [NJY066]VIOLENT CRIME
05/29/11 13:06(NEWARK - 852.6000) SHOOTING: 1 MALE SHOT WITH POLICE DEPARTMENT ON SCENE WITH ALS/BLS ENROUTE. MAJOR CRIME NOTIFIED AS WELL AS ESU [NJY066]
OK you win ur plan is better I concede to ur idea. 2 years seems reasonable for oone to make enough investments to get on one's feet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey