Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 08:09 PM

4 posts, read 8,623 times

Advertisements

Does this exist? My family and I are leaving Hudson County and looking to relocate to Union or Middlesex County. My husband works in Rahway and I'm going to be in Sayreville. After being in various crummy, overpriced apartments in JC/Hoboken/Weehawken for the past few years we'd like to find a 2-3 bedroom, 1.5+ bath apartment, with a washer/dryer that accepts pets (we have a small Boston Terrier). I saw the website for the Highlands in Edison and it looked fantastic but they say no pets. We'd like to be in a building so we have less to worry about maintenance-wise.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd really love a nice luxury building, but would consider a single family home or duplex *not one of those weird 2 families on two floors...and we'd like to spend <1900 per month. We don't know these areas at all so any insight into some nice towns in that area would be great as well. I've heard good things about New Brunswick, Edison, South Plainfield, etc. We like Cranford as well. I'd love something with a nice walkable downtown in close proximity, but I'd be willing to give that up for a luxury building. Any ideas? Thanks very much!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 08:14 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times
First time I've heard Hudson County referred to as North Jersey and I was raised there. Good luck in your long distance move to Edison.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:51 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
First time I've heard Hudson County referred to as North Jersey and I was raised there. Good luck in your long distance move to Edison.
Really? We live in Hundson county, and we consider ourselves part of north jersey.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:19 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,936,557 times
You will need to spend way more than $1,900 a month for a 2/3 bedroom in a luxury building.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:44 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,455,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadoulanj View Post
Does this exist? My family and I are leaving Hudson County and looking to relocate to Union or Middlesex County. My husband works in Rahway and I'm going to be in Sayreville. After being in various crummy, overpriced apartments in JC/Hoboken/Weehawken for the past few years we'd like to find a 2-3 bedroom, 1.5+ bath apartment, with a washer/dryer that accepts pets (we have a small Boston Terrier). I saw the website for the Highlands in Edison and it looked fantastic but they say no pets. We'd like to be in a building so we have less to worry about maintenance-wise.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd really love a nice luxury building, but would consider a single family home or duplex *not one of those weird 2 families on two floors...and we'd like to spend <1900 per month. We don't know these areas at all so any insight into some nice towns in that area would be great as well. I've heard good things about New Brunswick, Edison, South Plainfield, etc. We like Cranford as well. I'd love something with a nice walkable downtown in close proximity, but I'd be willing to give that up for a luxury building. Any ideas? Thanks very much!!!

You should check out River Place at Rahway. New construction, seems to meet all your requirements. (2Br/2 ba is $1895/mo)

Community Amenities | River Place at Rahway

Koala

Old 07-06-2011, 04:36 PM

10 posts, read 24,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaNJ View Post
You should check out River Place at Rahway. New construction, seems to meet all your requirements. (2Br/2 ba is $1895/mo)

Community Amenities | River Place at Rahway

Koala
+1 to River Place - I will in fact be a resident of this building in the near future.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:38 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Really? We live in Hundson county, and we consider ourselves part of north jersey.
Ditto, it can't be considered anything but IMHO.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:56 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
First time I've heard Hudson County referred to as North Jersey
Well where is it then, Cape May?

Old 07-10-2011, 08:37 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,030,084 times
Quote:
First time I've heard Hudson County referred to as North Jersey and I was raised there.
Uh, really? Then what part of Jersey would it be then?

Old 07-18-2011, 05:45 AM

4 posts, read 8,623 times
We checked our RiverPlace- a friend actually lives there so I was familiar with the building. It's a good building, and I would have said yes, but their pet fee is ridiculous. $500 non-returnable fee up front, then $50 per month? When I know full well they don't replace carpets in between tenants with pets, so essentially we'd be paying $1100 just for the pleasure of having our small dog? What nailed it for me was going into the two empty apartments they were showing- both had been vacated since early May. Both apartments had previously been rented by smokers and it was very very obvious. Even with the carpeting replaced and the windows open and fans blowing- it stank. When I asked, they said don't charge a fee to smokers. In every apartment I've ever rented with our dog we've had 100% of our security deposit/pet deposit returned. But a disgusting smoker can make his apartment uninhabitable for months afterward and there's no extra fee? Forget that. The building is decent, but not nearly high end enough to justify that kind of fee. If it was a nicer building I would consider paying it. For Riverplace, no way. And their parking situation is screwy. If we didn't have the dog, we'd be fine renting there. If you have a pet, no way.
We've got calls in to Cranford Crossing and ParkSquare- their pet fees are significantly lower, and with the special deals they are offering it works out to being about the same as Riverplace with their exorbitant fees, but they look like nicer, newer units.
Anyone have experience with either of those buildings? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey