Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 10:44 PM

390 posts, read 1,363,876 times

Advertisements

That's IndyCart in Baltimore, not F1. Same idea, but kind of like comparing Major League Soccer to the English Premeir League. The class and skill (and money) of F1 blows Indy clear out of the water. These are the best drivers from all over the world. No American even competes in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 07:13 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,324,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by labcjo View Post
That's IndyCart in Baltimore, not F1. Same idea, but kind of like comparing Major League Soccer to the English Premeir League. The class and skill (and money) of F1 blows Indy clear out of the water. These are the best drivers from all over the world. No American even competes in it.
Let me correct you F1 drivers are the best F1 drivers in the world. Former F1 champs barely qualify in NASCAR and some can't qualify at all.

Indy cars corner faster than F1 cars 220 MPH+ in the corners at Indy vs 40MPH on some of the F1 circuits

That's the reason they won't run at Watkins Glen the cornering speed is too great for F1 skills.

But hey enjoy the race in NJ because F1 will pull out after losing money in NJ

You are right about one thing a ton of money spent in F1 can win you a lot of races and the championship. Red Bull money in NASCAR has not gotten them a win in Cup yet.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:15 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,057,362 times
Wait till they hit that tunnel traffic in Weehawken

Old 10-23-2011, 08:55 AM

189 posts, read 260,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Won't they actually have to pave the roads for that to work out? Or is that the one stretch of Hudson County lacking in potholes bigger than my car?

I guess it's OK for F1 fans, but I never saw the excitement in watching a lot of cars in a long high speed parade. I think there must be some smoke-filled rooms in Paris somewhere where the racing order is determined in advance.
They wont have to pave that route I live in that area and it was paved about 2 or 3 years ago, just a couple of speed bumps have to be removed.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:59 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,787,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
HMMM???

Wonder who will be the first driver to get "carjacked"?
Ummhmm will that make more or less dangerous than Bahrain?

Old 10-23-2011, 09:00 AM

11,301 posts, read 16,606,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Wait till they hit that tunnel traffic in Weehawken
Screw the trafific, hope they have EZPass.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:53 PM

390 posts, read 1,363,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Let me correct you F1 drivers are the best F1 drivers in the world. Former F1 champs barely qualify in NASCAR and some can't qualify at all.

Indy cars corner faster than F1 cars 220 MPH+ in the corners at Indy vs 40MPH on some of the F1 circuits

That's the reason they won't run at Watkins Glen the cornering speed is too great for F1 skills.

But hey enjoy the race in NJ because F1 will pull out after losing money in NJ

You are right about one thing a ton of money spent in F1 can win you a lot of races and the championship. Red Bull money in NASCAR has not gotten them a win in Cup yet.
You're seriously trying to argue that going around in a circle is more difficult than driving a Formula 1 car? I mean, this isn't the forum to discuss this in, but check out the video from a few years back when they let Jeff Gordon drive a BMW F1 car. He said he had to take it easy because he was actually blacking out from the g-forces.

Saying an F1 driver can't do well in F1 (who are you referring to by the way? Juan-Pablo? He was never an F1 Champion. He's the only F1 driver that's ever raced in NASCAR that I know about) isn't a great argument. My cousin is an amazing guitar player, but he is AWFUL at Guitar Hero. Doesn't mean Guitar Hero requires more skill. My point being, both are different sports, basically. Besides, when was the last time ANY American race driver was even able to get a ride in an F1 car? Scott Speed? He lasted what, a year?

(won't argue this with you here. sure there are plenty of racing forums on the internet where people have this argument all the time).

Old 10-24-2011, 06:43 AM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by labcjo View Post
You're seriously trying to argue that going around in a circle is more difficult than driving a Formula 1 car? I mean, this isn't the forum to discuss this in, but check out the video from a few years back when they let Jeff Gordon drive a BMW F1 car. He said he had to take it easy because he was actually blacking out from the g-forces.

Saying an F1 driver can't do well in F1 (who are you referring to by the way? Juan-Pablo? He was never an F1 Champion. He's the only F1 driver that's ever raced in NASCAR that I know about) isn't a great argument. My cousin is an amazing guitar player, but he is AWFUL at Guitar Hero. Doesn't mean Guitar Hero requires more skill. My point being, both are different sports, basically. Besides, when was the last time ANY American race driver was even able to get a ride in an F1 car? Scott Speed? He lasted what, a year?

(won't argue this with you here. sure there are plenty of racing forums on the internet where people have this argument all the time).
You are right no point in arguing but here is a fact that all race drivers know.

The more sophisticated a race car is the easier it is to drive at the limit.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:19 AM

7,053 posts, read 19,238,002 times
Why do people think this is a good thing to do in residential neighborhoods?

Old 10-24-2011, 07:21 AM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Why do people think this is a good thing to do in residential neighborhoods?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, That's why
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey