Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 09:34 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,164,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm2000 View Post
Thanks - I will look into it.
What the options to commute to NYC?
There are two major bus stations in East Brunswick that offer a relatively easy commute into the city. One advantage that the bus has over driving into Manhattan is that the bus during rush hour has it's own lane going into the city, so unless there is an accident the commute is not as long.

I would also agree that East Brunswick is a viable option for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 10:06 AM

8 posts, read 21,363 times
I would suggest that you contact a nearby synagogue once you narrow down an area. Or you can contact a synagogue when you get to New Jersey and settle into your temporary housing. I would think they might help you with your relocation and they would have members/staff who would speak Hebrew.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:36 AM

22 posts, read 44,739 times
Stay in Isreal....gonna need all the help you can against Iran....how the hell can someone come from Isreal and make 100k when I know people here with MA's who cannot even find work? Seriously this country needs Ron Paul badly.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:49 AM

13 posts, read 21,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edeescam View Post
Stay in Isreal....gonna need all the help you can against Iran....how the hell can someone come from Isreal and make 100k when I know people here with MA's who cannot even find work? Seriously this country needs Ron Paul badly.
Not so friendly but maybe I would feel same if foreign worker will come to my country.

Let's see another side:
Not all sectors in the US suffer from high unemployment
Local workers are preferable for companies and match more cheaper (for foreign workers, employer should pay for visas, relocation, very long process and etc. )
To hire foreign worker, employer should prove that doesn't success to hire local worker

Trust me that the Americans with my specialization and experience can find work quickly.

I am not sure that Israel can do something with Iran without american approval - Israel is small 'evil' for them, the US is big one

Old 12-30-2011, 08:13 AM

22 posts, read 44,739 times
They did it to Iraq and took out their bio plants. Israel can do whatever they want since they pretty much own the US.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:12 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lm2000 View Post
Not so friendly but maybe I would feel same if foreign worker will come to my country.

Let's see another side:
Not all sectors in the US suffer from high unemployment
Local workers are preferable for companies and match more cheaper (for foreign workers, employer should pay for visas, relocation, very long process and etc. )
To hire foreign worker, employer should prove that doesn't success to hire local worker

Trust me that the Americans with my specialization and experience can find work quickly.

I am not sure that Israel can do something with Iran without american approval - Israel is small 'evil' for them, the US is big one
An an American to someone who is coming here legally: Welcome! I don't care if the whole world wants to come here, as long as they do it legally. All are welcome, there should be no such thing as "foreign" people in a free country.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
An an American to someone who is coming here legally: Welcome! I don't care if the whole world wants to come here, as long as they do it legally. All are welcome, there should be no such thing as "foreign" people in a free country.
Thanks and Happy New Year!

Old 12-30-2011, 06:30 PM

335 posts, read 975,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaNJ View Post
The schools in Springfield would be considered average, or slightly above average for NJ. The schools in Scotch Plains/Fanwood are considered to be good to very good. Millburn would be considered excellent.

One thing to consider as well is that the Springfield School district with around 11,000 students is significantly larger and has a larger class size (students per classroom) then you will find in Millburn(about 5,000 students). There is much more of a "small town" feel and experience in Millburn, and the students get more individual attention, much like a private school experience. Having friends/co workers in both towns, I have heard that the teachers/administration in Millburn seem to be much more responsive to parents concerns and to meet the individual needs of students. Someone likened it to the difference between shopping at a small mom and pop store(Millburn) vs. shopping at a Walmart (Springfield).

Will you be able to visit the area before selecting a place to live? If at all possible I recommend spending some time in the towns you are considering to get more of a feel for them, see what you think and how it fits what you are looking for in a community.

HTH
KoalaNJ
While there is no debate that the Millburn Township's school district is regarded as vastly superior to Springfield's school district, I'm curious as to where you are quoting the above numbers from (i.e. Millburn Township's School District size of 5,000 compared to Springfield Township's School District size of 11,000).

The following is via Great schools.com

Millburn Township School District: 4,749 students among 7 schools
Millburn Senior High School: 1392 students

Springfield School District: 2,066 students among 5 schools
Jonathan Dayton High School: 580 students

The following is via the 2010 NJ Monthly Rankings data:

Millburn Senior High School Grade 12 enrollment: 338; Average class size: 19.1
Jonathan Dayton High School Grade 12 enrollment: 127; Average class size: 21.2

Are the numbers I have cited above grossly inaccurate?

I am strongly considering a move to Springfield (of Union County), and I would greatly appreciate clarification of the discrepancy in school district size. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:10 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I agree. There are plenty of Americans working in foreign countries, too, and I know a couple of them personally. I'd hate for them to be made to feel as if they shouldn't be there.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:09 AM

What do you think about Fair Lawn?
30 min to Manhattan and around hour to South Plainfield.
Far from work but significant Israeli community, good schools...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey