Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 05:14 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,412,980 times

Advertisements

After reading this I have to say it. The guy is a total farce. What rubs me about him is he talks as if he is any different but honestly he is just like every other slime ball politician.

N.J. taxpayers fund pension benefits for non-government employees | NJ.com
He could have put a stop to this nonsense but did nothing. How exactly does this help the taxpayer??
Gov. Christie declines to sign bill that would deny state pensions to certain non-public sector workers | NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 12:59 PM

376 posts, read 665,288 times
and he wants to run for president in 2016 and the scary thing is that he might actually win too. if that happens, i'm moving to canada.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:00 PM

12 posts, read 11,651 times
Default Simple answer

Chris Christie is a puppet of two factions: the FIRE (finance, insurance, and real estate) sector and the private corporate sector.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:04 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,132,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
and he wants to run for president in 2016 and the scary thing is that he might actually win too. if that happens, i'm moving to canada.
I seem to remember that exact phrase being uttered a lot before Bush got elected. What I don't remember was the mass exodus.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:09 PM

376 posts, read 665,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I seem to remember that exact phrase being uttered a lot before Bush got elected. What I don't remember was the mass exodus.
well, people apparently didn't think bush was going to be that bad and it turns out that they were dead wrong on that.

honestly, i think it's funny how people were complaining about corzine when christie isn't doing squat either. the only difference between corzine and him is that christie likes to put himself outthere as if he's doing something when he pretty much is setting this state back to the stone age. funny how all his supporters literally disappeared from this site because we're all feeling his wrath. what has christie done for jersey besides basically screwing everybody over and making the false impression that he cares when he doesn't.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:16 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,373,754 times
Quote:
what has christie done for jersey besides basically screwing everybody over and making the false impression that he cares when he doesn't.
What has any politician ever done- at the state or Federal level- other than screw everybody over and make the false impression that they care when they don't? I think that's a prerequisite to be allowed to run for office...

Old 01-19-2012, 01:19 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,132,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
What has any politician ever done- at the state or Federal level- other than screw everybody over and make the false impression that they care when they don't? I think that's a prerequisite to be allowed to run for office...
There is something very calming about accepting this fact. I did it a while ago and I am happier.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:00 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
a politician's job is to sell his power to the highest bidder. they all know it. what do you think a senator does with a $5 million annual budget?

Old 01-19-2012, 02:03 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,675,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
After reading this I have to say it. The guy is a total farce. What rubs me about him is he talks as if he is any different but honestly he is just like every other slime ball politician.

N.J. taxpayers fund pension benefits for non-government employees | NJ.com
He could have put a stop to this nonsense but did nothing. How exactly does this help the taxpayer??
Gov. Christie declines to sign bill that would deny state pensions to certain non-public sector workers | NJ.com
That bill was killed for political reasons. Christie's original bill that the Legislature modified would have closed many pension loopholes including the ones that allow public employees to take leave from the public sector and accept union jobs, but remain in the pension system by paying their contribution and what would have been their employer contribution. One of the bigger names that enjoys that is the President of the NJEA, Barbara Keshishian who is still pension eligible.

The Democrats in the Legislature gutted the bill to protect their special interest groups from having the loophole closed for them. You know, because Kesheshian with her $260k BASE salary, needs her public pension.

Christie is planning to reintroduce his version of the bill during the next legislative session.

As for the other posts about Christie not doing anything, the fact that there is so much debate and argument over what he is doing seems to be evidence that he is doing something. The pension reforms he passed were a monumental achievement and a good example of cross-aisle cooperation to fix a huge issue. The lack of debate during Corzines years would seem to indicate he didn't do much.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:03 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
Quote:
Noted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey