Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 12:55 PM

1,951 posts, read 3,330,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
let me say this again a drop of 1% is hardly a dive. it happens often. not to mention if the market goes up 1% will you say it skyrocketed? I wont.
you and CNN, NBC, CNBC, WSJ seem to differ on the significance of the drop in the DOW...of course they're a bunch of nobodies and you're great financial pundint.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:48 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,081,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
How are the Bush tax cuts helping us?
Dumbya's still peeved that they're called the "Bush tax cuts." He knows how ruinous they've been to our economy.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
you and CNN, NBC, CNBC, WSJ seem to differ on the significance of the drop in the DOW...of course they're a bunch of nobodies and you're great financial pundint.
The Dow's a bad reflection of the overall health of the economy. Corporations have been doing quite well by cutting and making the leftover employees work harder. Of course Wall Street loves that. Our lauded "job creators" would continue that for 20 years if they could get away with it.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:29 PM

19,145 posts, read 25,367,790 times
Recently, I enjoyed reading a feature article in Business Week, regarding the incredible success of The John Deere company in selling their tractors and other products worldwide in such huge numbers that they are literally crushing their competition from other countries. John Deere farm equipment is what is desired and what is purchased, by farmers from Bangkok to Bombay, from Moscow to Molsheim, from Sacramento to Sao Paolo. John Deere is a true American success story.

However, the NYT reports that, despite record profits for several years, John Deere is now on a campaign to cut salaries and benefits for the assemblyline employees who made it all possible, while simultaneously giving huge bonuses to top executives.

You owe it to yourself to read this article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/23/bu...1&ref=business

Old 07-23-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Recently, I enjoyed reading a feature article in Business Week, regarding the incredible success of The John Deere company in selling their tractors and other products worldwide in such huge numbers that they are literally crushing their competition from other countries. John Deere farm equipment is what is desired and what is purchased, by farmers from Bangkok to Bombay, from Moscow to Molsheim, from Sacramento to Sao Paolo. John Deere is a true American success story.

However, the NYT reports that, despite record profits for several years, John Deere is now on a campaign to cut salaries and benefits for the assemblyline employees who made it all possible, while simultaneously giving huge bonuses to top executives.

A six year wage freeze for a super-profitable company...disgusting. Sad to say I'm not surprised. Whatever benefits the 1% the most is all that matters in America. When the middle class is finally declared dead, the "job creators" will wonder why.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:58 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,636,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
A six year wage freeze for a super-profitable company...disgusting. Sad to say I'm not surprised. Whatever benefits the 1% the most is all that matters in America. When the middle class is finally declared dead, the "job creators" will wonder why.
I'm with you a 100%, what a f---ing disgrace. They make more money for the execs and the middle class workers get screwed. And the funny thing is seeing many middle class people sticking up for the 1%, I guess they like getting screwed. The so called "Job Creators" at their best, screwing the average american.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:19 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,172,982 times
Quote:

Does Caterpillar own John Deere?

Old 07-24-2012, 05:58 AM

19,145 posts, read 25,367,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Does Caterpillar own John Deere?
I have to admit that I confused the two companies.
What those two US companies have in common--making heavy equipment powered by diesel engines, and making record profits worldwide for several years--was the focus of articles on both companies in Business Week over the past few months, and that is probably what led to my confusing one with the other.

However, the net negative impact on Caterpillar's rank & file workers, vs the rich rewards for the upper echelon, should not be dismissed simply because of my confusion of one heavy equipment company with another. This is an illustration of what is happening to the middle class in this country--an endangered group if there ever was one.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
I have to admit that I confused the two companies.
What those two US companies have in common--making heavy equipment powered by diesel engines, and making record profits worldwide for several years--was the focus of articles on both companies in Business Week over the past few months, and that is probably what led to my confusing one with the other.

However, the net negative impact on Caterpillar's rank & file workers, vs the rich rewards for the upper echelon, should not be dismissed simply because of my confusion of one heavy equipment company with another. This is an illustration of what is happening to the middle class in this country--an endangered group if there ever was one.
It all started with that dunce Ronnie Ray-gun coming into office and immediately breaking the air traffic controllers union. It's been a downward slide to crappy paying Wal-Mart jobs for the American worker ever since. And if your job is "off-shoreable" then they'll take that away too.

Our "job creators" are really not good Americans.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:53 AM

1,951 posts, read 3,330,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
It all started with that dunce Ronnie Ray-gun coming into office and immediately breaking the air traffic controllers union. It's been a downward slide to crappy paying Wal-Mart jobs for the American worker ever since. And if your job is "off-shoreable" then they'll take that away too.

Our "job creators" are really not good Americans.

What has Obozo done to improve the economy? I grew up in the Carter years and this feels every bit like that time. Fortuately, with the passage of the ObamaCare the country has set a clear path to bankruptcy just like Spain and the other PIIG nations. The children of America have a great debt to carry going foward. They should look at the Greeks, Spanish, Irish and and Italians to see their future. Youth unemployment in Spain is over 50%. The have no money left to fund their entitlement state...much like California. This is just the beginning...the worst is yet to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey