Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 04:41 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,781,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielNJ View Post
From Bella to Ella? I don't understand...lol
Italians being replaced with Latinos

For instance, Garfield and North Bergen used to be very Italian towns. Now they are very Latino towns. Not saying that is a bad thing, interesting though. The store signs say it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 09:33 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenaperture View Post
I have to ask, why?

I absolutely despise them. The fact that I need to leave the county if I need to buy something at Lowes on a Sunday is ridiculous.
1. No traffic - No Noise - Less Pollution - Less stress
2. No need to work/Worry about working
3. Being able to spend more time with family, friends, and sometimes be able to do things like going to church.
4. It's just amazing!

Old 10-29-2012, 10:45 AM

135 posts, read 370,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
Italians being replaced with Latinos

For instance, Garfield and North Bergen used to be very Italian towns. Now they are very Latino towns. Not saying that is a bad thing, interesting though. The store signs say it all.
Being an Italian-American who used to live in Garfield, I understand completely, hahahah.
This is very true. I think a strong Italian population is a good thing about NJ (Not being egotistical). It just means good culture and food in my opinion

But I agree, the latinos aren't a bad thing. They too have good culture and food, and I think diversity is what makes this state even better.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,793,171 times
I love this thread as I tearfully look at pictures of the storm decimating the shore areas. I will qualify this by saying I have never been a resident of New Jersey, but have always held a soft spot for it in my heart. I grew up in the Phila. suburbs, and the New Jersey Shore is full of so many memories for me - "Old Atlantic City (before gambing came!), Ocean City, Wildwood, and my absolute favorite - Cape May. Memories of my chldhood summers are linked to the Jersey Shore.

But New Jersey is more than that. I have friends up in Morris County. It is absolutely gorgeous up there - hilly roads, autumn leaves, close to the mountains, etc.

One of my favorite aspects of New Jersey is the plethora of small towns that exist there. Each town has its own flavor. They have a good sense of community and pride. That is hard to find in many other places. When I moved to the DC suburbs, I kept looking for "towns like they had in New Jersey" and they just didn't exist, sadly.

There is something homey and familiar to me about the New Jersey accents, mannerisms, and laid-backness that I cannot adequately explain in words. And I love the Italian food and culture that permeates the state.

When people make fun of New Jersey, I know they have either never been there or have only driven on the New Jersey Turnpike. Anytime someone makes fun of New Jersey, I stand up for it. Yes, the taxes are high, and yes there is the "Jersey Shore" attitude, and yes, it's expensive to live there and parts of it are dirty or smelly. But it's also comforting, beautiful, high achieving, has character, and is real.

New Jersey is a great place to live. I hope and pray it weathers this storm well. I'm thinking about you guys!

Old 10-29-2012, 12:09 PM

456 posts, read 833,540 times
We're used to dealing with winter blizzards, but such hurricanes/tropical storms makes us think twice.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:11 PM

516 posts, read 1,617,136 times
Best thing about New Jersey:

SOUTH JERSEY

Old 10-29-2012, 05:14 PM

456 posts, read 833,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by species 8472 View Post
best thing about new jersey:

South jersey
lol

Old 10-30-2012, 01:48 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,829,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees1212 View Post
I'm not really proud of New Jersey nor would I be proud of any other state that I might live within in the future . Is it not more important to be proud of your country?
There's no reason you can't be proud of BOTH your state and your country.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:58 PM

664 posts, read 1,028,070 times
Smile what makes you proud of of new jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maast View Post
We're used to dealing with winter blizzards, but such hurricanes/tropical storms makes us think twice.
Well said, I love NJ too.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:59 PM

664 posts, read 1,028,070 times
Well said, I love NJ too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey