Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 06:08 PM

17 posts, read 58,006 times

Advertisements

Thank you jerseyJ , I have to say the Wegmans is definitely quite nice. I think you are right I probably just need to get used to where things are experiment a bit to find places that we enjoy going to. I think no matter where you move to there is no place like the place you grew up in. Thanks for the suggestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 06:09 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,748,440 times
Perrenial Home, home furnishings and accessories (7.5 miles) Link: Perennial Home

The Shoe Buckle (7.5 miles) Link: The Shoe Buckle - Best Foot Forward - If The Shoe Fits

Jackson Premium Outlets (20/25 miles) Link: Jackson Premium Outlets

Hamilton Marketplace (12 miles) Link: hamilton marketplace, nj - Google Maps

The Shops at Hamilton (to the right of Hamilton Marketplace) Link: The Shoppes at Hamilton - SHOPPES HOME - Retail Shopping Center - Hamilton, New Jersey Shops at The Shoppes

McCaffrey's, food store, Princeton-Hightstown Rd. & Southfield Rd., West Windsor Link: http://www.mccaffreys.com

Happy Shopping~

Last edited by timneh5; 12-04-2012 at 06:22 PM..

Old 12-04-2012, 06:36 PM

161 posts, read 264,596 times
Spend a night in Red Bank.. walk around and try bars/restaurants/shops out! Lots to do! broad st red bank nj - Google Maps

Old 12-04-2012, 07:44 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
^^^ Yes, Red Bank is nice to visit for a night out or to go to Count Basie Theater for a show or a concert.

But I do hope the OP checks out some of the state or county parks. I enjoy them myself (the ones in Monmouth County where I live).

OT--recently I learned of another (somewhat) famous person besides Count Basie who was from Red Bank. Natalie Schafer, a/k/a Mrs. "Lovey" Howell of Gilligan's Island!

See, OP? NJ is a fascinating place. ; )

Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,055,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post
Perrenial Home, home furnishings and accessories (7.5 miles) Link: Perennial Home

The Shoe Buckle (7.5 miles) Link: The Shoe Buckle - Best Foot Forward - If The Shoe Fits

Jackson Premium Outlets (20/25 miles) Link: Jackson Premium Outlets

Hamilton Marketplace (12 miles) Link: hamilton marketplace, nj - Google Maps

The Shops at Hamilton (to the right of Hamilton Marketplace) Link: The Shoppes at Hamilton - SHOPPES HOME - Retail Shopping Center - Hamilton, New Jersey Shops at The Shoppes

McCaffrey's, food store, Princeton-Hightstown Rd. & Southfield Rd., West Windsor Link: Welcome to McCaffrey's

Happy Shopping~

There are a few hidden shopping gems in the area

There is a Lenox Outlet and a Crate and Barrel Outlet off Rte. 130 in Cranbury.

Down 571 (Princeton-Hightstown Rd) into East Windsor, turn left onto Rte 130 N to Half Acre Rd. Turn right, you will be in Warehouse Country (don't be alarmed) drive over the turnpike overpass, next light turn left and an immediate left and you will find the Crate and Barrel Outlet. (it's not well marked).

When you leave there, continue on Rte 130 N to Commerce Dr. turn right same drill, Lenox will be on your left.

Stop in at Teddy's Diner in Cranbury (Main St. free on street parking) on your way out. Great small town NJ diner experience.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:11 AM

17 posts, read 58,006 times
I love a good outlet, thanks.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:34 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
^^^ Yes, Red Bank is nice to visit for a night out or to go to Count Basie Theater for a show or a concert.

But I do hope the OP checks out some of the state or county parks. I enjoy them myself (the ones in Monmouth County where I live).

OT--recently I learned of another (somewhat) famous person besides Count Basie who was from Red Bank. Natalie Schafer, a/k/a Mrs. "Lovey" Howell of Gilligan's Island!

See, OP? NJ is a fascinating place. ; )
I was on a cruise with Lovey. My mom sat next to her in the theatre but had to move bc her perfume was so overpowering. She was Lovey to the hilt IRL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey