Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 05:52 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,344,393 times

Advertisements

Same here, never had any issues the past few times I have gone . I can even say that the inspections people (Parsons) are very nice too. It's a lot different then it used to be.

I think the problem was, you are not a citizen, and that 6 point thing is a pia for citizens. I can't imagine what it is like for anyone coming in from outside the US. But according to a few law enforcement pals, it is done to make us all safer.. so whatever. I had no issues coming up with 6 points
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 10:37 PM

1 posts, read 917 times
Memo to wearenewtonj and others the issuing of drivers licenses in NJ is a privilege and not a right and to ascertain your legal status in our country your newly issued EAC card comes first over a passport your EAC card plus your SSC card are only 4 points combined leaving you to show 2 more points. Suggest that you study the rules before coming to a state facility and if you are legal in the US have a little respect towards our laws first

Old 02-11-2014, 09:21 AM

2,535 posts, read 6,668,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal notice View Post
Memo to wearenewtonj and others the issuing of drivers licenses in NJ is a privilege and not a right and to ascertain your legal status in our country your newly issued EAC card comes first over a passport your EAC card plus your SSC card are only 4 points combined leaving you to show 2 more points. Suggest that you study the rules before coming to a state facility and if you are legal in the US have a little respect towards our laws first
It is also the state's right to run their agencies like a car with 4 flat tires. A right they exercise every chance they get.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:30 AM

105 posts, read 167,008 times
In Hawaii, if you are in the military, your out of state DL can expire and it's fine as long as you provide a military ID with it to whomever needs to check (cops, etc., even rental companies in the area). This is done with the understanding that people can't easily just go back to their home state to renew it and they don't consider being stationed there residency for licensing purposes.

Yeah, some moron at the Springfield DMV refused to understand this even though we showed up with a printout from the Hawaiian DMV's website stating this is their policy. We went over to East Orange, no problem. They were pleasant and accommodating.

They need to federalize the whole thing...

Last edited by Ananas87; 02-11-2014 at 10:09 AM..

Old 02-11-2014, 10:43 AM

150 posts, read 646,762 times
The whole 6-point ID thing that NJ MVC uses seems really poorly designed. Once a person shows US Passport, that proves citizenship, age, everything about identity. And a passport is more secure form of ID than pretty much any other ID card.

How many times you read stories about fake US passports issued, versus fake DL for almost any state, or fake SS, or anything else?

Instead, they have this silly 6-point rule, and they waste every one's time in line, while the state workers with their 2 inch long fake nails, slowly press one key at a time on the keyboard....

Old 05-27-2014, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 829 times
The DMV in this state as well as the laws are a joke. How can your reg get suspended in 2005 , Since than you have had 2 different vehicles purchased, registered, driven around , have been pulled over no problems. And than without notice the suspension pops up and you get towed and pay ridiculous fines . This is just one problem i have had happened to me I can tell you numerous stories from others what a fing joke this country has become.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:10 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,981,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bll21 View Post
The DMV in this state as well as the laws are a joke. How can your reg get suspended in 2005 , Since than you have had 2 different vehicles purchased, registered, driven around , have been pulled over no problems. And than without notice the suspension pops up and you get towed and pay ridiculous fines . This is just one problem i have had happened to me I can tell you numerous stories from others what a fing joke this country has become.
feel better now?

Old 05-27-2014, 12:34 PM

121 posts, read 170,623 times
Oakland MVC is like the Ritz compared to some of the cr*p I have dealt with.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:01 PM

3 posts, read 3,236 times
the dumbest people i have ever met in my life they work in DMV (bayonne) and (north bergen)

Old 05-04-2015, 07:11 AM

3 posts, read 1,508 times
ALL DMV's are poorly run. I have over 10 years experience dealing with several DMV's and for the most part they all are run poorly.
Rude employees, employees with attitude, lazy or just slow employees, poorly run facilities.
Nearly everytime you go into a DMV there is a line. The amazing thing is the employees (and mgmt) think this is ok. When you do press them, they always have an excuse: it's the first of the month, it's the end of the month, our computers were down, we're short-handed, etc
Now go into any privately owned large scale business (Best Buys, Staples, etc). Employees are informed, polite, there to help you. The experience is night-and-day difference from that of the DMV.
The bottom line is: government cannot run a business! This is not a political statement, but a matter of fact. Look at your local streets/roads, your failing schools (why are the better public schools in the rich neighborhoods?).
The DMV is gov't run with union workers. To them, your happiness and positive experience is last (despite their friendly smiles on their website). Things will change only when the union workers are gone and the operation is overhauled by private industry !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey