Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 01:03 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,980,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gentleman View Post
If you honestly think that it's better to train in that type of weather conditions than Ocala, Florida then you are clueless.

Well there you have it folks, FG's real beef with NJ is that horses might get the sniffles if they go outside in a cold NJ winter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 01:08 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Well there you have it folks, FG's real beef with NJ is that horses might get the sniffles if they go outside in a cold NJ winter
No it's not too cold to train horses, it's just too cold to pump your own gas.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:03 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Sheesh Queen..chill, I was also looking at a stupid game called Guess Word and a picture of the "capitol" was showing as I was typing the response....lol....you're not turning into the NJ forum grammar and spelling police are you...lol
Yes, yes, as a matter of fact I am!!! ROFL.

I am obsessive about such things (not that I've never made errors myself) -- it's that old secretarial school training. I open a menu in a restaurant and the typos just jump out at me.

I seriously try to refrain from being that PITA person on these types of message boards. It's a losing (not LOOSING) battle. So, there's a place on the writing forum where people like me gather to collect and cry over the rapidly-descending literacy levels on City-Data and in our country. Check it out if you like--the thread is called "I Can't Take It Anymore". Hours of entertainment! Retriever's been there, too.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:38 PM

478 posts, read 700,791 times
Quote:
No....what you have here is a clueless response that completely ignored all l said. I suggest you see a doctor about that uncontrolled eyeball rolling and reread what I actually said instead of what you twisted into. It's obvious you have no experience caring for or attempting to maintain a horse in winter.....in future you might want to consider refraining from commenting on topics you know nothing about.....it makes you sound dumb.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:43 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,980,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gentleman View Post
It's obvious you have no experience caring for or attempting to maintain a horse in winter.....in future you might want to consider refraining from commenting on topics you know nothing about.....it makes you sound dumb.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:00 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,981,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
The number of horses or amount of breeds have nothing to do with calling ones self "The Horse capitol of the World" is comes down to a PATENT: Your bragging rights have just been shot to hell

Is the "Horse Capital of the World" Lexington, Kentucky or Ocala, Forida.? According to the United States Patent and Trademark Office, it's Ocala and the surrounding area in Marion County.
Numbers have nothing to do with it. Texas and California lead the way by far in terms of number of horses of all breeds by state. But Kentucky and Florida, in a sort of friendly rivalry, have often gone back and forth on the issue of which state is the horse capital.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: Kentucky and Florida in 'Horse Capital' Battle | BloodHorse.com

And to stay on topic the list for why NJ is appealing is endless.
and the NJ state animal is the horse. And I believe I read that NJ has more horses (or maybe race horses) than KY.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:14 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,804,115 times
Quote:
Thanks for posting that. It's amazing how sharp the line is between the Portland Metro area of Maine and the Great North Woods/Downeast portions. I would say the stars up there must be comparable to what you saw in Nebraska.
Indeed! I've been as far north as Jackman Maine, again, middle of the night, returning from Quebec City, and it was just majestic. I think the real black hole in this map would be a little further north, in Aroostook County, which has a little more population than Bayonne, but is larger than Connecticut and Rhode Island put together. When you are traveling within these places, you come to realize that Salem or Cumberland County NJ aren't really 'rural' per se. Not on a national comparative level anyways. Not close.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:09 PM

50,797 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, yes, as a matter of fact I am!!! ROFL.

I am obsessive about such things (not that I've never made errors myself) -- it's that old secretarial school training. I open a menu in a restaurant and the typos just jump out at me.

I seriously try to refrain from being that PITA person on these types of message boards. It's a losing (not LOOSING) battle. So, there's a place on the writing forum where people like me gather to collect and cry over the rapidly-descending literacy levels on City-Data and in our country. Check it out if you like--the thread is called "I Can't Take It Anymore". Hours of entertainment! Retriever's been there, too.
Which forum is it in?

Old 10-17-2013, 06:28 PM

9 posts, read 11,936 times
Default 2hrs north of AC and 40 miles west of NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
2 hours from AC and 40 miles west of NYC? I'm guessing NW Jersey. Maybe Warren, Hunterdon, or Sussex Counties. Possibly even Morris.

Very close! NW somerset county. Right next to the US Equestrian Team ! Horses like it fine here, by the way.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:32 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
Here's another thought: stop trying to censor people

Not everything that these so-called, "Trolls" comment is in a negative light. You apparently haven't kept very good tabs on me if you think that.

And Florida guy has a point. Miserable winters do have an impact on people, hence why he prefers FL to NJ. It's nice to go on a run when it's over 60 degrees in January. Personally I'm not a fan of 4 distinct seasons either because during the transition months I usually get sick.
Look, contrary to what you may think, I don't care what you guys say. I do wonder, though, why some people feel the need to come to the NJ forum, a positive place for NJ residents and those with questions about it from elsewhere, just to bash it and start sh*t. I wonder. But keep saying what you want, in all seriousness, and I'll keep feeling for those with no life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey