Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 08:00 PM

53 posts, read 113,236 times

Advertisements

Thanks, Iammius. Learned very useful lessons. Very funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 08:54 PM

31 posts, read 35,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
How would custody & child support work? Would there be a "breadwinner" in the traditional sense?
Good. God.....don't you guys have any gay friends?

Custody is decided in a million different ways. Easiest is if there is a primary caregiver is, or it can be decided based on who has custody of the family home and/or perhaps joint custody is final answer and so on..... The nice thing is by legalizing marriage these families now have the same legal,protections that others enjoy.

21st century folks.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:57 PM

31 posts, read 35,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
ohhhhhh so brilliant. except im not even taking an opposing position to legalizing gay marriage. so your extremely childish and obvious line of "oh you are so against gay marriage, you must be gay" line is even more dumb. even if i was, im not a childish animal like you, i dont get bothered when someone calls me gay. whats next, you gonna insult my mother?
See, your bias comes out loud and clear. Why is suggesting you might be gay an insult?

Dude, the 1960s called, they want their stereotypes back.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:26 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimaG View Post
See, your bias comes out loud and clear. Why is suggesting you might be gay an insult?

Dude, the 1960s called, they want their stereotypes back.
I took what he said in the spirit in which he was saying it. you are being silly to try to make a point. im not insulted if someone calls me gay, but the person was clearly trying to suggest im something that he believes im not in order to bother me.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimaG View Post
Good. God.....don't you guys have any gay friends?

Custody is decided in a million different ways. Easiest is if there is a primary caregiver is, or it can be decided based on who has custody of the family home and/or perhaps joint custody is final answer and so on..... The nice thing is by legalizing marriage these families now have the same legal,protections that others enjoy.

21st century folks.
the people that are the wacky "believers" that need to get emotional about this argument and attack anyone they see opposing them don't want to perceive when people aren't being totally serious.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:32 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by labcjo View Post
Dude, you're still here arguing about this? Me thinks thou dost protest WAY too much. There's people you can talk to who can help you with these repressed feelings that you have. Its okay to be who you are! Best of luck to you in the future!

Old 10-26-2013, 06:39 AM

you guys caught me, im gay. I love getting freaky with other men.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:48 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,077,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
The divorce rate in this country is a joke. 34% of families being a single parent household is down-right alarming.
Family Values Guys like Newt Gingrich & Giuliani contribute to this problem.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:47 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Family Values Guys like Newt Gingrich & Giuliani contribute to this problem.
Let us not forget that good old Newt announced his intention to divorce while his then-wife was lying in a hospital bed, undergoing cancer treatment. Nice...

To the list of, "family values", Republicans, we can also add the late Ronald Reagan, whose new wife, Nancy, bore their child only 7 months following his divorce from Jane Wyman.

Then, there is Rush Limbaugh. He and his most recent wife, Marta, have 6 marriages and 4 divorces between them.

Former Senator Bob Barr, of GA, has been married 3 times. He was one of the sponsors of the Defense of Marriage Act, and following his statements of strong support for that legislation, the joke making the rounds in DC was, "WHICH of his marriages is he defending?".

And, of course, who can forget the wonderful example of family values presented by Arnold Swarzenegger?

Old 10-26-2013, 11:56 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,077,463 times
Giuliani married his cousin. Talk about keeping it in the family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey