Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 07:39 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,946,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenet View Post
Should everything listed on Weichert an Coldwell Banker be also on NJ MLS?
((Full disclosure up front. I am an agent at Weichert.))
Not necessarily on that particular MLS, but one one of them.
Weichert.com, as well as coldwell, Re/Max, etc, all use technology & an agreement that are known as IDX, which stands for Internet Data Exchange. That means that each of those companies are allowed to post all the IDX participating listings from each of the other companies. Weichert.com has all the IDX listings from all the markets in which they participate. So, by searching Weichert.com, you get to see the listings from several MLS systems, without having to go to each of those MLS systems (if they even have a publicly searchable site, which some do not. But that's a different post.)
Of course, there is the possibility that a property is listed on an MLS but is NOT on any IDX display. Some companies have chosen to not participate in the IDX program, and some participating companies don't put every property into the IDX program. If I had to guess, I'd say that over 90% of the properties listed in the various MLSs can be found on the IDX display at Weichert.com. Or any other IDX participant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 06:02 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,767,865 times
Also try craigslist.com. There's a wealth of them on there!

Old 12-08-2007, 11:54 AM

71 posts, read 240,347 times
I agree... I like coldwellbankermoves.com for browsing
when you are closer... you want an agent search for you though

Old 12-10-2007, 05:50 PM

3 posts, read 8,022 times
Yeah craigslist, or maybe you have a site something like this one we have in Lubbock, that advertises local houses, or you post your houses... A Home in Lubbock Texas or apartment for sale or lease or rent! A house, maybe?

Old 12-10-2007, 07:00 PM

85 posts, read 305,222 times
If you're looking in Bergen County, New Jersey MLS, Search for Homes in Northern New Jersey is the site for you. If you're interested in Morris, Essex, Sussex, Warren, Passaic, go for GSMLS. Not all Bergen county listings will be on the Garden State MLS as not all of the agents are members of that MLS, so they won't have the ability to upload their listings there.

If you're going to search craigslist, beware because many of those postings are fsbo and their pricing is likely to be WAY OFF MARKET VALUE. This is a fluctuating market and unless the property's marketing is supervised by a REALTOR, it may be overpriced. HAH, actually, there are many a listing by brokers that are horrendously overpriced! What a market!

Of course, you can always make an offer on anything and see if it sticks, but then again, how do you know you're getting a good value? Find a REALTOR who you like and trust and have them negotiate a great deal for you.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:23 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,100,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenet View Post
Hi All,

I'm looking to buy a home in Bergen County sometime in 08. I have being using NJ MLS and Realtor dotcom. What other good sources are there for listings? Web sites? Papers? Thank you.
You are using the two best websites for your area. Also you could try homes.com and craigslist.com for other homes but that is about it. Realtor.com is probably the best bet.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:24 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,100,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
gsmls.com

No emails needed
noone bugs you
Nice and anonymous.

When you feel more sure. Contact a realtor and they can have a daily email with links from gsmls.com of a certain criterion.
GSMLS.com is not really a great asset for the area he is looking in. This tends to cover northern jersey except Bergen county.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:46 AM

85 posts, read 305,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeViper01 View Post
GSMLS.com is not really a great asset for the area he is looking in. This tends to cover northern jersey except Bergen county.
Dodge, you'd think that, however since I've listed in Hasbrouck Heights I've found that a large number of listings there get uploaded into the GSMLS. Also, most of the very northern Bergen County area makes its way in; Ridgewood, River Vale, Hillsdale, Hohokus, etc.

My home market area is now Oak Ridge/Jefferson, and I will upload all my listings, regardless of area, into the NJMLS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey