Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 09:09 AM

155 posts, read 552,844 times

Advertisements

Oh wow, these are absolute embarrassing/disgusting, i can't believe these idiots gloated over children suffering from these closures:

Emails link top Christie aide to GWB lane-closing controversy - NorthJersey.com

Quote:
“Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee,” Bridget Anne Kelly, one of three deputies on Christie’s senior staff, wrote to David Wildstein, a top Christie executive at the Port Authority, on Aug. 13, about three weeks before the closures. Wildstein, the official who ordered the closures and who resigned last month amid the escalating scandal, wrote back: “Got it.”
Quote:
Christie has previously said that no one in his staff or campaign was involved in the lane closings, and he has dismissed questions about political retribution by joking that he moved the traffic cones himself.

But the private messages, mostly sent through personal e-mails accounts, indicate that Kelly, a senior staff member in the governor’s office, was involved in the planning and received updates during the week of the traffic jams. She was also informed that week that Christie’s executives at the Port Authority were ignoring the Fort Lee mayor’s desperate attempts to get a reason for the sudden unannounced closures, as the borough’s first responders struggled to respond to emergencies and buses arrived late on the first day of school.
Quote:
The explosive documents, supplied by Wildstein in response to a subpoena issued by a panel of state lawmakers, don’t spell out the precise reason for the apparent retribution. But they lay bare a disdain for the mayor and an apparent indifference to the hardships suffered by North Jersey residents who sat in four-hour backups. Wildstein has been called to testify about the documents under oath before the panel tomorrow.
Quote:
In one exchange of text messages on the second day of the lane closures, Wildstein alludes to messages the Fort Lee mayor had left complaining that school buses were having trouble getting through the traffic.

“Is it wrong that I’m smiling,” the recipient of the text message responded to Wildstein. The person’s identity is not clear because the documents are partially redacted for unknown reasons.

“No,” Wildstein wrote in response.

“I feel badly about the kids,” the person replied to Wildstein. “I guess.”

“They are the children of Buono voters,” Wildstein wrote, making a reference to Barbara Buono, the Democratic candidate for governor, who lost to Christie in a landslide in November.

Quote:
On Sept. 13, the day of Foye’s reversal, Wildstein wrote to Kelly: “The New York side gave back Fort Lee all three lanes this morning. We are appropriately going nuts. Samson helping us to retaliate.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 09:17 AM

5,773 posts, read 16,594,813 times
Big Yawwwwn. This seems to be the NJ version of the Hazzard County Bugle. Boss Hoggs had some lanes closed. Move on. It's a private boys club bridge anyway. That's what happens when you have private boys club bridges paying execs $300K to play games.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:23 AM

512 posts, read 1,018,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Big Yawwwwn. This seems to be the NJ version of the Hazzard County Bugle. Boss Hoggs had some lanes closed. Move on. It's a private boys club bridge anyway. That's what happens when you have private boys club bridges paying execs $300K to play games.
This is not a "big Yawn". Its a major scandal. They are laughing about hurting children. Even republicans should be appalled. I dont care what your politics are, this kind of retribution should not be tolerated. I bet it will get much worse for Christie. Getting harder and harder for him to lie.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:29 AM

155 posts, read 552,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinsj View Post
This is not a "big Yawn". Its a major scandal. They are laughing about hurting children. Even republicans should be appalled. I dont care what your politics are, this kind of retribution should not be tolerated. I bet it will get much worse for Christie. Getting harder and harder for him to lie.
Republicans would be appalled only because it was documented, gloating because they're hurting children is a very republican thing to do, even Nixon would be proud

Old 01-08-2014, 09:34 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinsj View Post
What's amazing is it shows how petty Christie and his aides are. He was already going to win in a landslide but he wants to further punish "Buono voters"? Children are stuck in buses for hours, can't get to school and Christie's aides are smiling? Yes, this is a big deal since it appears he wants to run for president.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:43 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,700,318 times
republicans = "so what"
democrats = "off with his head"

Old 01-08-2014, 09:43 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
hang them in public.

Old 01-08-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
republicans = "so what"
democrats = "off with his head"
not my kind of republicans

Old 01-08-2014, 09:57 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,410,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
not my kind of republicans
so where's the tea party outcry?

Old 01-08-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
so where's the tea party outcry?
outcry? im not sure what you expect or what I would expect if there was some kind of "outcry."

my local tea party is a bunch of empty nester moms and retired geezers. what are they supposed to be doing now that there is evidence against government workers abusing their power? government workers never really turn on each other because they are all guilty of corruption and abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey