Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 06:10 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
ok so go protest the speed limit laws by driving by cops at 80mph. i don't know what to tell you Captain. If you drive like you say you drive on a daily basis when your kid is in the car then that's pretty telling. Maybe you're bulletproof though. Who knows?
why do you pretend as if im saying that im trying to change the law? im not lobbying congress, protesting on the streets or anything. im just saying people have a legitimate complaint when they complain about a law they disagree with. I don't agree with people who just say "obey the law and don't complain."

oh and you have also concocted your own (clearly inaccurate) view of my driving and ridiculously threw in "with your kid in the car" to try to create a phony sense of something horrible. I know the response is for you to cherry pick certain things from what I have said about driving while conveniently ignoring others. im not sure why its worth you being intentionally dishonest so you can build some phony case against me. im a very safe driver. im not even a particularly fast or aggressive driver.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 02-27-2014 at 06:56 PM..

Old 02-27-2014, 07:21 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
I always try not to rush on the highway, but end up doing so very often. Why ? I used to be a good driver, but now time pressure has converted me into a not so good driver. How do I tackle driving under stress.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:58 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,406,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
why do you pretend as if im saying that im trying to change the law? im not lobbying congress, protesting on the streets or anything. im just saying people have a legitimate complaint when they complain about a law they disagree with. I don't agree with people who just say "obey the law and don't complain."

oh and you have also concocted your own (clearly inaccurate) view of my driving and ridiculously threw in "with your kid in the car" to try to create a phony sense of something horrible. I know the response is for you to cherry pick certain things from what I have said about driving while conveniently ignoring others. im not sure why its worth you being intentionally dishonest so you can build some phony case against me. im a very safe driver. im not even a particularly fast or aggressive driver.
oh i know you're not trying. people love to complain about a law and say that the law is wrong, and then complain if they get a ticket because they don't believe the law should be what it is. it's pointless complaining. if you're going to whine about a law being wrong, whine to your representatives. maybe people do have a legitimate complaint. i'm not saying obey the law and don't complain. but if you have a legitimate complaint, take it to a place that is useful. and don't blame cops for enforcing a law you disagree with. it's not their fault.

and no i haven't concocted a view of your driving. you've stated that you like to harass other drivers, speed, tailgate, etc. maybe i missed the positive things, but I'm sure i'm not the only poster here who has this picture of your driving. you may be a safe driver. all i said was "if you drive like you say you drive". see that "if"? that's a qualifying statement.

anyone who tailgates a car is not a "very safe driver". period. you may be a safe driver when you're not tailgating and not speeding in traffic, but otherwise, you're probably a cocky driver. but if you don't actually drive particularly fast or agressively, as you said here, then I take that as good news and am happy for you. But that's not the picture you normally paint.

Old 02-28-2014, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I always try not to rush on the highway, but end up doing so very often. Why ? I used to be a good driver, but now time pressure has converted me into a not so good driver. How do I tackle driving under stress.
leave earlier so you don't have to drive under stress?

Old 02-28-2014, 07:16 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,240 times
I don't know why some people love the law and police so much they are willing to give up some of our rights. Do you people even realize when you are stopped by the police or even approached by them how little you can do? You **** of the cop even a little bit and you get screwed because your word means NOTHING against them. Now I am not saying anyone in here brought this issue up but it tends to be the same people towing the police line in threads like this that try to make the police out to be angels.

This is why I have a dash cam/audio recorder so whenever I am stopped(rarely) I have ample evidence. And I have countermeasures to avoid getting pulled over anyway. All of them legal by the way! I have seen how corrupt alot of these cops are first hand. I was a passenger in an accident a few years ago and this was a collision from behind. The police officer knew the guy who crashed into the car and fudged details on the police report. Said that my friend did evasive braking even though we were FULL stopped at a red light for a good 10-15 seconds before the accident. I didn't let this go I complained to the chief and sent him tons of letters. Never got a response back and every time I tried to see him in person I was brushed off and told his schedule is busy and to call back later.

What type of goddamn nonsense is this? I have witnessed several other similar situations first hand so this isn't just based off one experience. The only cops that I respect are the ones working in dangerous neighborhoods risking their lives. The rest are arrogant and on a power trip because of the disgusting balance of power we have given them. And for the people that are going to jump on this post and make up some fantastical story about how I should have nothing to worry about if I am not doing anything wrong. Well that is not the concern here, I don't have a record and have never had trouble with the police personally. I have gotten maybe 2 tickets in my life and only one of those was a traffic violation. The other was for jumping a rock wall and (putting myself in danger) the cop was a total officer douche.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:26 AM

Nothing wrong with covering your arse. A dashboard camera isn't a bad idea. But the best idea is to just not get stopped. I'm not making cops out to be angels or devils. They're humans. Some humans are a-holes some are nice. Best advice i got for getting pulled over is to put both your hands on the wheel so the cop can see you're not doing anything. Makes them feel comfortable when they're approaching a car they have no idea what might happen. See that rookie cop in NYC get shot when he tried grabbing 2 kids that hopped on the back of a bus without paying?

painting all cops with an angel brush or an arrogant brush is the same thing.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Nothing wrong with covering your arse. A dashboard camera isn't a bad idea. But the best idea is to just not get stopped. I'm not making cops out to be angels or devils. They're humans. Some humans are a-holes some are nice. Best advice i got for getting pulled over is to put both your hands on the wheel so the cop can see you're not doing anything. Makes them feel comfortable when they're approaching a car they have no idea what might happen. See that rookie cop in NYC get shot when he tried grabbing 2 kids that hopped on the back of a bus without paying?

I don't get pulled over though so my views aren't skewed by that at all but mostly secondary experiences where I am not the one in trouble. Hell I know plenty of cops personally as well especially in my town and I have an arsenal of PBA cards in case I ever do get pulled over. Not to mention I am somewhat connected because of a previous job I had so I have nothing to really worry about in that sense.

You know what ticks me off even more though is cops just tend to be rude and while the excuse that goes around is they don't know you and you can be dangerous that is not a valid excuse. How does acting like a rude D-bag make the cop any safer if I was planning on wasting him to begin with? I have gone to foreign countries where the police are respected because they treat people with respect even if you are being rude. And if you argue with them they will show you on their monitors the traffic violation. Very pleasant to deal with and very effective! This is specifically motorway police(state trooper equivalent) that I am talking about right now.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:23 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,077,463 times
Quote:

Being compliant didn't help that guy in Bloomfield. As cops were roughing him up and yanking him out of his car, one wiseass cop was yelling "stop reaching for my gun!" Had it not been for a police dashcam, he would be rotting in jail. I'm sorry but it's stories like these that make me not trust any cop when push comes to shove. They'll lie & cover up for each other until THEY get thrown in the slammer.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:49 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
people love to complain about a law and say that the law is wrong, and then complain if they get a ticket because they don't believe the law should be what it is. it's pointless complaining. if you're going to whine about a law being wrong, whine to your representatives. maybe people do have a legitimate complaint. i'm not saying obey the law and don't complain. but if you have a legitimate complaint, take it to a place that is useful. and don't blame cops for enforcing a law you disagree with. it's not their fault.
most complaining is pointless complaining. most conversation is "pointless." do you think you are making some kind of novel statement by suggesting its pointless? we all know that. its just venting and its fine. people don't need to have you say "your complaining is pointless," they know. people still like to do it. whats ridiculous is someone coming on an internet forum to complain about something and you saying "its pointless to complain here, complain to your representatives."

Old 02-28-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
most complaining is pointless complaining. most conversation is "pointless." do you think you are making some kind of novel statement by suggesting its pointless? we all know that. its just venting and its fine. people don't need to have you say "your complaining is pointless," they know. people still like to do it. whats ridiculous is someone coming on an internet forum to complain about something and you saying "its pointless to complain here, complain to your representatives."
And by the way when you write letters to these representatives usually they are filed away and never looked at by anyone other than interns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey