Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 06:58 AM

10 posts, read 10,375 times

Advertisements

As a working parent it is impossible to get to work on time due to NO mass transit & dead stop traffic on 287. 15 miles takes me 1 hour on a good day. 3 buses would take 300 cars off that highway PROBLEM
THERE ARE NO BUSES!!!! My boss is fed up with late employees and is considering moving our offices (if i dont get fired first) i live in sayreville and work in Edison (15 miles) the train station is in the middle of NOWHERE and no bus service out of Edison's train Station. NJ transit claims low ridership?? are they Kidding !!! all i see is shopping malls going up in edison on roads already riddled with dead stop traffic & pot holes i am beginning to see this is all political. when i get fired and collect Unemployment maybe i will run for a political office since getting to Edison on time is impossible.

fed up in New Jersey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 07:14 AM

17 posts, read 39,014 times
It could be worse. Congestion in the eastern parts of Central and North Jersey is pretty much unavoidable at peak times. Relocate or leave earlier.

They can't get the trains to run effieciently in and out of NYC for millions of annual riders. What makes you think they will create an efficient intrastate system?

Old 05-07-2014, 07:14 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,081,516 times
Your destination has to be high traffic or NJ transit won't serve it. It's a messed up agency but I think they do try to prioritize their resources.

And train riders (richer for the most part) ALWAYS come first to NJ Transit. Some of the buses I ride on look to be 20-25 yrs old.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:15 AM

1,247 posts, read 3,027,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet in traffice View Post
As a working parent it is impossible to get to work on time due to NO mass transit & dead stop traffic on 287. 15 miles takes me 1 hour on a good day. 3 buses would take 300 cars off that highway PROBLEM
THERE ARE NO BUSES!!!! My boss is fed up with late employees and is considering moving our offices (if i dont get fired first) i live in sayreville and work in Edison (15 miles) the train station is in the middle of NOWHERE and no bus service out of Edison's train Station. NJ transit claims low ridership?? are they Kidding !!! all i see is shopping malls going up in edison on roads already riddled with dead stop traffic & pot holes i am beginning to see this is all political. when i get fired and collect Unemployment maybe i will run for a political office since getting to Edison on time is impossible.

fed up in New Jersey
Yeah that part of 287 sucks in the morning. And they keep working on widening it thru Edison, but nothing improves.

Where in Edison is your office so I could maybe help you out with another way to go. I know the area like the back of my hand. Then again almost all roads in Edison are HELL that time of the day.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:39 AM

1,218 posts, read 3,476,635 times
Why don't you leave earlier so you aren't late?

Old 05-07-2014, 07:46 AM

23,584 posts, read 17,262,317 times
Sayreville to Edison ?

Victory bridge smith st to industrial ave to 514W
industrial ave to Sand hills to 514

smith st to new brunswick ave to rt 27 or new durham rd

alternates to 287 a few minutes slower but very consistent

Edison is all over the place and other routes via New Bruns/Amboy ave such as grove st in Metuchen to north edison, roosevelt park

S to E, 15 miles really?

Old 05-07-2014, 07:48 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,987,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisru View Post
It could be worse. Congestion in the eastern parts of Central and North Jersey is pretty much unavoidable at peak times. Relocate or leave earlier.

They can't get the trains to run effieciently in and out of NYC for millions of annual riders. What makes you think they will create an efficient intrastate system?
Unfortunately, this^^^ is the bottom line.

And don't count on unemployment benefits if you get fired for cause.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:51 AM

882 posts, read 1,672,615 times
Unfortunately there's not a whole lot that can be done to fix the situation. Another problem area is Route 80 in Morris County, traffic crawls into 287, usually at a creeping pace for got 5-10 miles. We're reaching the point where office parks in Parsippany, Bridgewater, Edison, etc., are basically unreachable unless you live a few blocks away. And New York City is a hassle as well, judging by the threads I've seen on here lately. Companies are going to have to relocate to mass-transit friendly areas on this side of the river. If only there were a large city in New Jersey with ample railroad hub and highway connectivity with potential office space close to train stations...

Old 05-07-2014, 07:52 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet in traffice View Post

fed up in New Jersey
More ppl per square mile than any state, what do you expect?

NJ does not have a transportation problem, it has a too many friggin people problem.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:21 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,711,145 times
You are traveling on the worst part of 287 in the worst direction. It's not *as* bad the rest of the way. Relocate to Piscataway area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey