Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 11:35 AM

5,773 posts, read 16,591,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Then I guess buildings don't have scandals either? Even a certain infamous one in DC?
A bridge can only stand tall or not. It is an innate structure without value judgements.

Take that money and do something useful like fix a bridge or road instead. The rest of the country doesn't give a hoot about a traffic jam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 07:54 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
The rest of the country doesn't give a hoot about a traffic jam.
NJ shouldn't either considering they happen every freakin day.

Some people acted like they've never even SEEN traffic before when this whole bridge scandal broke. Sudden outrage over traffic - which is a way of life if you're trying to get into the city. There's even train traffic and plane traffic at Newark Airport. Spare me.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:30 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,981,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
NJ shouldn't either considering they happen every freakin day.

Some people acted like they've never even SEEN traffic before when this whole bridge scandal broke. Sudden outrage over traffic - which is a way of life if you're trying to get into the city. There's even train traffic and plane traffic at Newark Airport. Spare me.
And the country wasn't really concerned about a minor office break-in in DC. Petty sounding crime that happens all the time.

Well... unless it was engineered by some people in places of political power for political gain... then it's a bit more serious.

(and for the record, I voted for Christie and think that he probably did not know about the actions until after the fact. But the actions taken were wrong and deservedly cost some people their jobs)

Old 09-10-2014, 09:25 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
And the country wasn't really concerned about a minor office break-in in DC. Petty sounding crime that happens all the time.

Well... unless it was engineered by some people in places of political power for political gain... then it's a bit more serious.

(and for the record, I voted for Christie and think that he probably did not know about the actions until after the fact. But the actions taken were wrong and deservedly cost some people their jobs)
Of course, but the reaction of the media and many residents was as if they'd never seen traffic before. The reason behind the traffic was obviously wrong, but let's not act like we don't have nightmarish traffic situations every day - sometimes even at the fault of others. Maybe not for political retribution, but idiots behind the wheel that can ruin your whole day or commute, especially if we're talking the Hudson River crossings.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Of course, but the reaction of the media and many residents was as if they'd never seen traffic before. The reason behind the traffic was obviously wrong, but let's not act like we don't have nightmarish traffic situations every day - sometimes even at the fault of others. Maybe not for political retribution, but idiots behind the wheel that can ruin your whole day or commute, especially if we're talking the Hudson River crossings.
My point is that the issue isn't traffic. It's about the potential abuse of power for political reasons, and the traffic was just the outcome in this case.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:06 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,668,415 times
Quote:
My point is that the issue isn't traffic. It's about the potential abuse of power for political reasons, and the traffic was just the outcome in this case.
The alleged abuse of power in this case was so minor it did not warrant this level of investigation or attention. After millions spent and still no link to Christie the investigation itself borders on criminal and presents a much more compelling case for abuse of power, IMHO of course.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstyles View Post
The alleged abuse of power in this case was so minor it did not warrant this level of investigation or attention. After millions spent and still no link to Christie the investigation itself borders on criminal and presents a much more compelling case for abuse of power, IMHO of course.
Agreed, and I mentioned in earlier post, those responsible got fired. It was worth an investigation, but this (much like the dozen Benghazi hearings) has gotten out of hand.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:34 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,668,415 times
Quote:
Agreed, and I mentioned in earlier post, those responsible got fired. It was worth an investigation, but this (much like the dozen Benghazi hearings) has gotten out of hand.
, agreed... although in that case people did die.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstyles View Post
, agreed... although in that case people did die.
true, but not pre-meditated & intentional results. One is malicious and the other is probably incompetence at most.

But I digress...

Old 09-10-2014, 05:00 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,962,588 times
LOL @ the Christie appologists in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey