Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2008, 03:49 PM

416 posts, read 1,714,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.man View Post
Oh yeah, wait till you call them for assistance, see how long that takes!
Depends on whether you catch them in the middle of a Dunkin Donuts run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 04:47 PM

941 posts, read 2,303,490 times
Majority rules D-rat this thread looks 90-10 to me. But she's moving in so i guess you win, D Trump says "Your Hired"

Old 02-28-2008, 11:34 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,302,222 times
Default filth

About that filth Mr Man. The Beacon, at it's own expense, has a guy that goes from the main entrance to the Beacon, up Montgomery, and down both sides of Baldwin, cleaning up trash every day. We also have a group called "Ready, willing, and able" that goes down Montgomery Street on the weekends picking up the trash. So trash doesn't sit on our block more than a day. Now we do live between stores and the local schools, so the kids buy juice and snacks, and drop it when they are done, but we are doing our part to keep the block we live in as clean as possible, and our neighbors benefit from that effort as well.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:51 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,621,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Chilton Memorial is now condos?? Wow
The JCMC would creep me out because to many people I know died there
The original Chilton has been condos for years now......they built a new Chilton years ago.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:27 PM

416 posts, read 1,714,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.man View Post
Majority rules D-rat this thread looks 90-10 to me. But she's moving in so i guess you win, D Trump says "Your Hired"
You're not familiar with "argumentum ad populum"?

Here's a link: Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-28-2008, 01:06 PM

941 posts, read 2,303,490 times
Enjoy "The Beacon" Dawn, best wishes.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:33 PM

80 posts, read 219,510 times
To Dawn and Beaconowner, welcome to our neighborhood. I was somewhat apprehensive about what our "posh" new neighbors would be like. Naturally, I am not foolish enough to think everyone is so open minded. I have lived nearby in the neighborhood for 27 years and not been mugged yet : ) Of course, use common sense as you would in any large city. Unfortunately, there is crime everywhere, even in the most exclusive towns and neighborhoods. The Beacon (Medical Center) is a beautiful set of buildings. I am glad they weren't torn down. Enjoy your new homes!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:19 PM

16 posts, read 88,384 times
The Beacon area is far from safe. I drive past there several times a week. Prostitutes, drug dealers out all times of day (especially by the old GSK building). I would stay away...it has a LONG way to go.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,627 times
Red face Beacon Apartment for rent

I have a 1 bedroom with a 600 sq. ft. rooftop, private terrace at the Beacon. Reply to this post if you are interested.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:59 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,302,222 times
Default So true

"The Beacon area is far from safe. I drive past there several times a week. Prostitutes, drug dealers out all times of day (especially by the old GSK building). I would stay away...it has a LONG way to go.[/quote]"
It's so true, I've renewed my life insurance and quake in fear everytime I leave the Beacon Spa, have my car delivered to the front door by my valet, and wave to the doorman on my way out. It's such a dangerous way to live. Walking my dog on Mongomery & Baldwin is so stressful I need to soak in the hot tub for at least an hour, then have a refreshing dip in the pool followed by a relaxing conversation at the juice bar. It would be so much better living downtown so I could get mugged walking by one of the parks, or pricey brownstones, full of history and charm, oh well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey