Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:32 PM

5 posts, read 29,032 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I started this thread partly b/c I like to know what your experiences were/are building with Ryan, especially in Christopher Estates or Washington Estates subdivisions in central NJ. There have been a few people that have really given negative feedbacks about Ryan Homes, but I couldn't find much complaints in NJ. I understand that with the sheer volume of homes Ryan builds there are always going to be complaints. I researched Pulte before deciding on a Ryan home and found similar complaints. Please any negative or positive feedbacks are welcome and kindly let me know if you're a first time home buyer. Thank you folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 10:35 AM

3 posts, read 18,305 times
We purchased in Christopher Estates and have been moved in for about 3 weeks. Our experience has been great. There were delays getting permits at first, but once the construction finally started they worked non-stop on it.

We had a few stuck doors, etc after moving in, but they have fixed them. In about a week we have a "30 day walkthrough" where they will fix any issues we have.

So far, I'd highly recommend them.

Liz

Old 01-24-2009, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 12,575 times
Here is a really useful comment. I am now a builder myself in Northern Jersey. The more I do work in my Ryan Homes house which was built for me in 2001 the more I realize how shoddy their workmanship was. There is air coming in on every outside wall through the outlets which means they did not insulate properly. No walls are level. Try and put crown moldings on your ceiling and see how creative you need to be with that. We still have sand coming out of our well and we were the first to complain about it. How can anyone highly recommend them after first moving in? They do your house as cheaply as possible. When you go to the model house check where the HVAC unit is placed in the basment then go look for the returns on the 1st floor. You will see they place the return in a nice little corner to open up the basement. Not in your house! No! they put the HVAC unit right in the middle of the basement and to top that off they put the first return right over the unit so you cant have a conversation or watch TV in the family room. You will also find your electrical panel at the closest point to where the wire comes from the street to cut costs as well instead on the basement where it is supposed to be. My panel sits in the garage. Pay attention to detail. They use that crappy osb plywood instead of cdx which over time weakens and you will get pot holes in your floor. I can keep listing things but it tires me and pisses me off. It is over 7 years later and my next home I am building myself. They do what they need to to get you into the home. They are definitely having shoddy workmanship mysteriously slipping by the home inspectors. If you build these homes that Ryan Homes builds using the materials they use like all PVC for plumbing. You will see they spend very little money on these homes.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:33 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,515,735 times
Ryan (NVR Inc) is the only major homebuilder in America that is still profitable. Why? Cheap builds and heavy negotiation with suppliers plus they option land until it's time to build thus enabling them to renegotiate and limit writedowns.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:41 PM

11 posts, read 59,325 times
BUMP for more replies. I am looking in Middletown, NJ at a Ryan Homes Townhouse that I love.. But am not going to purchase do to the horrible reviews.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 11,155 times
I bought a Ryan Home, most of my family have built with Ryan, Great homes, great builders to work with.
I recommend them

Old 05-02-2010, 08:41 AM

1,110 posts, read 4,370,107 times
Ryan is the worst builder. Worst. Lowest quality..Cheapest labor. I purposely refused to buy a home from Ryan. Go drive thru a Ryan development that is 10 yrs old. Check out the roofs. Most will be falling apart.

You will end up paying alot in repairs with Ryan later.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:43 AM

2 posts, read 11,690 times
Bump for up.to date reviews.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:24 PM

3 posts, read 14,307 times
My wife and I bought a Ryan home one year ago in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey. It was a resale. We can't be happier with our home. Our was the Yorkshire Model with all of the upgrades. The onsite Project Manager has helped me with any issues that I've had which are all site related and minor. My advise is to talk to the neighbors in the community your looking to buy it. We love our home. RW

Old 12-17-2011, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 9,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW123 View Post
My wife and I bought a Ryan home one year ago in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey. It was a resale. We can't be happier with our home. Our was the Yorkshire Model with all of the upgrades. The onsite Project Manager has helped me with any issues that I've had which are all site related and minor. My advise is to talk to the neighbors in the community your looking to buy it. We love our home. RW

Hi - wondered where at in Egg Harbor Twp you purchased. We are planning on purchasing a Florence Model in Silver Oaks - Egg Harbor.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: