Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 11:44 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times

Advertisements

Once again the holiday season is upon us and NJ people forget that there are people other than cars that they have to share the roads with.

This past weekend while shopping, I had a couple of close calls while driving. More than a few times cars did not let my family and I cross the street to get into Target even if the crossing had markings on the road says to yield to Pedestrians and cars just sped right in front of our family with no disregard for safety.

On the roads, tons of cars are making illegal lane changes like going from the exit ramp and making sweeping left to get to the very left turn lanes. All sorts of rush and dash around parking lots.

I had several close call where driver on the left lane on a merge had to cross the divider to get back to original road and almost hitting me on the left.

I've seen a few accidents involving multiple cars not major just impatient and poor driver rear ending people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 03:50 AM

862 posts, read 976,409 times
It is not just at Christmas time, all year people drive bad especially during rush hour's.

I have to say the worse drivers seem to be in Hudson county, most aggressive, dog eat dog, horn honking,
tailgating, no respect for pedestrians bunch there is.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:12 AM

4,029 posts, read 3,639,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchef1 View Post
It is not just at Christmas time, all year people drive bad especially during rush hour's.

I have to say the worse drivers seem to be in Hudson county, most aggressive, dog eat dog, horn honking,
tailgating, no respect for pedestrians bunch there is.
Why thank you

Old 12-21-2016, 08:17 AM

10,483 posts, read 6,999,249 times
Usually when you are a slow, passive driver you will have issues. This is NJ if youre not aggressive and are slow you will have issues. Its also illegal to drive the slow in the fast lane.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:38 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Once again the holiday season is upon us and NJ people forget that there are people other than cars that they have to share the roads with.

This past weekend while shopping, I had a couple of close calls while driving. More than a few times cars did not let my family and I cross the street to get into Target even if the crossing had markings on the road says to yield to Pedestrians and cars just sped right in front of our family with no disregard for safety.

On the roads, tons of cars are making illegal lane changes like going from the exit ramp and making sweeping left to get to the very left turn lanes. All sorts of rush and dash around parking lots.

I had several close call where driver on the left lane on a merge had to cross the divider to get back to original road and almost hitting me on the left.

I've seen a few accidents involving multiple cars not major just impatient and poor driver rear ending people.
It's NJ too many people, too many cars.

It least most NJ drivers use their turn signals.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
It's NJ too many people, too many cars.

It least most NJ drivers use their turn signals.
Ive travelled alot, and NJ probably does have the best drivers out of everywhere ive been.

Old 12-21-2016, 02:00 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
NJ is probably the least pedestrian friendly states that I've seen. In Boston, drivers always stop near pedestrian crossing.

In Florida of all places, cars line up to wait for pedestrians crossing through at mall entrances.

NJ I always tell my kids NEVER run across no matter what. Even if the cars stopped, wait for me. Because I can't trust that some jackass decides to go around another car and run through the crosswalk. I've had that happen multiple times even once a police car was parked in front but no police inside.

Old 12-21-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
NJ I always tell my kids NEVER run across no matter what. Even if the cars stopped, wait for me. Because I can't trust that some jackass decides to go around another car and run through the crosswalk. I've had that happen multiple times even once a police car was parked in front but no police inside.
The amount of pedestrian crosswalks we have in this state is idiotic. First as a driver you cant always see the crosswalk, and second sometimes you cant see someone dart out in traffic all the time. Its seriously a recipe for disaster. Morristown which is one of the more friendly pedestrian towns usually has a casualty every few months, including one recently with a police car.

Old 12-21-2016, 04:59 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Why thank you
I noticed your location. Union City, New Jersey, wreck leaves 1 dead | abc7ny.com
Every year, it seems like there's a terrible car accident in Union City.

Old 12-21-2016, 05:05 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,151,703 times
Quote:
In Florida of all places, cars line up to wait for pedestrians crossing through at mall entrances.
May be true at mall entrances but forget about crosswalks elsewhere. You risk your life if you try to cross them in most residential/downtown type places. I would say 1 in 10 cars will stop and that 1 car will have NJ tags on it. That's been my biggest complaint down here thus far (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL). As a matter of fact we recently had a 17 year old killed at a crosswalk right near our development...

I know the cops set up crosswalk traps up in NJ but unfortunately they don't do anything like that down here nor do they stress the importance/legal ramifications of not yielding to pedestrians.

We've been here in FL little over a year now and in my opinion, NJ drivers are far better than FL's. Oh yeah, turn signals? No one uses them down here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey