Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 06:22 PM

961 posts, read 2,504,251 times

Advertisements

True enuf..you are right that proprties accessed by a deeded right of way are actually not landlocked. Up this way, you cannot build a part/full time residence on this type of property. And..as the previous owner found out..you are limited on improvements to the access road. There are some other zoning rules. I would just use some caution when persuing this type of property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 10:38 AM

480 posts, read 481,133 times
Since I don't seem to get here regularly anymore here is another big photo dump-my neighbor is having his property logged. The loggers only take the "sticks" or straight sections of the main trunk which are marketable for lumber. His property was LOADED with black walnut, one of the more valuable species. They leave the tops as they are of no use to the mill. There is probably enough wood on the ground for a decade worth of fuel or more:

Lots of work, but its a labor of love. Of course more firewood means I need more covered storage-some locust posts, an old 18' long barn beam and some old tin roofing-a little over 2 cords of storage. The tractor got some new rear tires as well which were sorely needed to deal with the mucky December and beginning of January:

There are few things more satisfying than looking at a full woodshed:

I was thankful for a Friday to Saturday storm which tends to cause me minimal headaches in terms of work. After clearing the lane in the morning we spent a good chunk of the day outside:

Sunday was BEAUTIFUL in the bright sun. My girls had a friend over and we really let loose in the neighbor's fields. Probably did about 2 miles altogether:

Very grateful for the opportunity to allow them to grow up this way.

Old 02-01-2022, 05:27 PM

668 posts, read 471,262 times
OK that looks like SO MUCH FUN! Your girls are very fortunate !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey