Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 10:35 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I heard that on the radio when that Kardashian girl had her first baby with that guy who interrupts the awards ceremonies. Name's drawing a blank.

Thought it was just a celebrity thing.
lol Kanye West.

I feel like the "push present" is the baby. I mean, you want a baby AND a Cartier bracelet or diamond necklace or whatever it is that women get? Women have been having babies since the beginning of humankind, obviously. What makes a woman think she is so special that she deserves a gift for giving birth to a kid, a completely natural thing that happens by choice 99% of the time? No offense to any woman including myself, but we are not special for giving birth. Sure, it's an amazing thing that happens, I won't take that away from us, but it is not special, as in unusual or deserving of extra presents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 12:13 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,939,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanaka View Post
I'd like to see you push out a baby and say it's no biggy
What about the women years ago that pushed out a dozen, at home, with no drugs etc.? Did they get a "push" gift? Yeah, their gift was to get immediately back to taking care of the rest of the brood and the home.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:58 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanaka View Post
I was expecting one of these It doesn't matter which sex the kid is (also, what about kids with different genitalia?) if they're going to identify differently.

Otherwise, who cares? Just don't have friends who do those, and stay with your own kind or don't get invited. People are happy to have a kid and if they want to celebrate, don't hate and be happy for them. At least it's not like a baby shower where you have to spend money on someone else's kid. The only thing I don't like about these is the binary; but if people are happy, be happy with them or leave them be.
really it sounds to me like you are the one who have issues with people's choices. i will celebrate whatever anyone wants to celebrate. if someone is born without genitals or with both genitals, then they can reveal that if they want. i dont see anything wrong with people seeing female or male genitalia and announcing that gender. gender is based on anatomy.

if an older person says, hey i want to be a woman even though i have a penis. whatever, ill call them what they want. but in my mind, they are still a guy until they chop that thing off. i dont see how you can get rid of the binary system because thats biology.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:28 PM

40 posts, read 27,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
What about the women years ago that pushed out a dozen, at home, with no drugs etc.? Did they get a "push" gift? Yeah, their gift was to get immediately back to taking care of the rest of the brood and the home.
And can you imagine when we were just homo erectus?!? Oh my gosh! Females were so great, taking it all and shutting up about it. Those were better times for sure.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:10 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,263,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I'll pass on watching the birth but if they want to play a video of the time of conception I'd be open to that.
Wiping the tea off of my laptop screen....

Old 02-01-2018, 10:12 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,263,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
They should have had better baby daddies.

Old 02-02-2018, 05:03 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofagunk View Post
How insensitive. Everyone knows you have to wait for the child to pick from one of the 6 or 7 choices.
And wait at least 3 years before the child can tentatively be given a name and a preferred pronoun.

Old 02-02-2018, 05:12 AM

88,613 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Guess you also never heard of a "push" gift.

Yep...the woman gets a gift because she pushed out a baby...LOL
Huh. I didn't get a gift. I didn't doing any pushing, either.

Is there a "cut" gift for C-sections?

Old 02-02-2018, 06:54 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times
A remake of the Truman Show.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:34 AM

666 posts, read 513,396 times
I remember when I first heard about gender parties. I went, "Bull ."

Then I read more about it and I went like this--> .

These gender reveal parties are a backlash against campaigning on the part of the gender-confused to try to brainwash everyone else into thinking that biological sex is all in the brain and that it's evil and wrong to raise children according to gender norms or even acknowledge that they exist. (In other words, it's "evil" to raise a girl to like pink decor and Barbie dolls, and it's "evil" to raise a boy to like blue things and action figures.)

So this is about people saying to the gender-confused, "F.U. You can talk all this nonsense about how there's no such thing as sex, can lobby retailers like Target into taking down gender-based signs designating boys and girls, can start demanding that no one gets referred to by gender-based pronouns, etc. We reject you and we reaffirm the reality of biological sex and gender norms. We will celebrate our baby being female. We will celebrate our baby being male."

It's also about parents reclaiming a sphere that lobbyists took away from them. Like I said earlier, the gender-confused lobby have been campaigning to take away these gender-based cultural rituals and norms from parents so they can't use them. So it's like, "Hey, you're gonna make the world increasingly asexual, you're going to start making it socially unacceptable to associate gender with color (blue/pink) or even call children by the correct pronouns, we'll bring that back in our own way with these parties."

Last edited by EastFlatbush; 02-02-2018 at 08:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey