Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 11:10 AM

32,941 posts, read 36,378,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Huh. I didn't get a gift. I didn't doing any pushing, either.

Is there a "cut" gift for C-sections?
I wish you'd gotten a gift--so you could give it to me. Twenty two hours. Only the last 10 hurt. There wasn't a snowball's chance that I was having a second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastFlatbush View Post
I remember when I first heard about gender parties. I went, "Bull ."

Then I read more about it and I went like this--> .

These gender reveal parties are a backlash against campaigning on the part of the gender-confused to try to brainwash everyone else into thinking that biological sex is all in the brain and that it's evil and wrong to raise children according to gender norms or even acknowledge that they exist. (In other words, it's "evil" to raise a girl to like pink decor and Barbie dolls, and it's "evil" to raise a boy to like blue things and action figures.)

So this is about people saying to the gender-confused, "F.U. You can talk all this nonsense about how there's no such thing as sex, can lobby retailers like Target into taking down gender-based signs designating boys and girls, can start demanding that no one gets referred to by gender-based pronouns, etc. We reject you and we reaffirm the reality of biological sex and gender norms. We will celebrate our baby being female. We will celebrate our baby being male."

It's also about parents reclaiming a sphere that lobbyists took away from them. Like I said earlier, the gender-confused lobby have been campaigning to take away these gender-based cultural rituals and norms from parents so they can't use them. So it's like, "Hey, you're gonna make the world increasingly asexual, you're going to start making it socially unacceptable to associate gender with color (blue/pink) or even call children by the correct pronouns, we'll bring that back in our own way with these parties."
No. Just no. Women get all excited about having their first kid, and a party seems a great idea. Full stop.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:04 PM

88,592 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I wish you'd gotten a gift--so you could give it to me. Twenty two hours. Only the last 10 hurt. There wasn't a snowball's chance that I was having a second.
I was terrified of labor throughout my whole pregnancy, and then it was an emergency C, so I never experienced labor.

The pain afterward and length of time of recovery was not pleasant, though.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I was terrified of labor throughout my whole pregnancy, and then it was an emergency C, so I never experienced labor.

The pain afterward and length of time of recovery was not pleasant, though.
OK, you did your part. As my father-in-law used to say, "Everybody pays." I'm not sure why he said that, but he was right.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:49 AM

666 posts, read 513,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
No. Just no. Women get all excited about having their first kid, and a party seems a great idea. Full stop.
Baby showers have been around forever. Women have been able to determine gender of a baby for a long time now. Why would there suddenly be this new twist on it, based on gender?

Old 02-03-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastFlatbush View Post
Baby showers have been around forever. Women have been able to determine gender of a baby for a long time now. Why would there suddenly be this new twist on it, based on gender?
Celebrity influence. They see a Beyonce or a Kim Kardashian doing these things, and it catches on with the not-so-famous.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
lol Kanye West.

I feel like the "push present" is the baby. I mean, you want a baby AND a Cartier bracelet or diamond necklace or whatever it is that women get? Women have been having babies since the beginning of humankind, obviously. What makes a woman think she is so special that she deserves a gift for giving birth to a kid, a completely natural thing that happens by choice 99% of the time? No offense to any woman including myself, but we are not special for giving birth. Sure, it's an amazing thing that happens, I won't take that away from us, but it is not special, as in unusual or deserving of extra presents.
Hahaha, thanks, I could not think of his name! I know who he is and that some people consider him to be very talented. Not my kind of music, but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it.

I know him more from tabloid covers while waiting on line to check out at the supermarket than anything else.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:23 AM

19,132 posts, read 25,341,241 times
Quote:
Celebrity influence. They see a Beyonce or a Kim Kardashian doing these things, and it catches on with the not-so-famous.
In--more or less--the same vein of celebrity influence on the masses, it seems that a lot of people--who are devoid of either imagination or family tradition--choose to name their children after the children of celebrities.

To what am I referring?
I am referring to "The Jaden Phenomenon"!
About 10 years ago, when I was drafting the Child Abuse/Child Neglect/Forfeiture of Parental Rights court complaints for my local DYFS office, I began to take notice of just how many of the children with whom we were dealing had been named "Jaden", or "Jaiden", or "Jayden", or "Jay-Den". One week, almost all of the complaints that I drafted made mention of a child bearing that suddenly-trendy name.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:31 AM

5 posts, read 2,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
How much are you paying?
There isn't a fee paid but the couple would be provided with a beautifully shot copy of the event!

Last edited by Caram327; 02-04-2018 at 11:57 AM..

Old 02-04-2018, 11:52 AM

19,132 posts, read 25,341,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caram327 View Post
There isn't a fee paid but be provided with a get a beautifully shot copy of your event.

Now you have made the entire issue even more confusing!
A "get" is a Jewish divorce document. Can people qualify for inclusion in your TV pilot program even if they aren't Jewish, and even if they are not seeking a divorce?

Please clarify this detail for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey