Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 12:50 PM

1,845 posts, read 1,493,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbared View Post
So stereotyping Indians is not OK, but stereotyping Caucasian women who choose to wear a particular hairstyle is OK?
My dad went to 7-11 to search newspapers to see if I was in the newspaper for a middle school achievement. When he was reading it, the crazy 7-11 worker who was Arabic said that my dad was a cheap Indian who won't buy the newspaper and then my dad left. It is okay to stereotype Karens, because they are actually a waste of space on the Earth overpopulating NJ and everywhere and contributing to our traffic problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 01:01 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Perhaps if you used BenGay, + 40 might be attracted to your scent.

Old 10-29-2019, 01:25 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,635,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
My dad went to 7-11 to search newspapers to see if I was in the newspaper for a middle school achievement. When he was reading it, the crazy 7-11 worker who was Arabic said that my dad was a cheap Indian who won't buy the newspaper and then my dad left. It is okay to stereotype Karens, because they are actually a waste of space on the Earth overpopulating NJ and everywhere and contributing to our traffic problems.
Thanks. Good to know you are not biased in any way.

Old 10-29-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbared View Post
Thanks. Good to know you are not biased in any way.
Let's hope this happens to all the Karens: https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...to_exorcise_a/

Old 10-29-2019, 02:08 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
I noticed that these people stand close to me a lot
Is this a Jersey thing or a generational thing?
No, it is clearly because those people are overwhelmed by your beauty, and they are sexually attracted to you.

Old 10-29-2019, 03:23 PM

532 posts, read 1,465,114 times
Don't take it personally.
I's NJ ...people stand too close ,they tailgate,and they cut in various lines.
Not saying all NJ people are like this but many have horrible commutes and long hours and it shows up in their behavior.

Tough to make a decent living.. but go to Vermont and you will see people are much different.

Old 10-29-2019, 04:26 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,146,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachouse View Post
Not saying all NJ people are like this but many have horrible commutes and long hours and it shows up in their behavior.

Tough to make a decent living.. but go to Vermont and you will see people are much different.
Many years ago I stayed at a hotel down South. In the morning I was getting breakfast at the buffet and I overheard the waitress complain to another staff member that "he didn't even say good morning to me". I was kind of taken back by it but then just realized it's a whole different culture down there.

Old 10-29-2019, 07:58 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachouse View Post

No, not everyone in New Jersey is like that. There are many, many nice people there, and I've met quite a few of them over the years. They are polite, helpful, and friendly in a Mid-Atlantic sort of way. That varies quite a bit considering that it includes all of New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.

Old 10-30-2019, 03:31 AM

862 posts, read 976,409 times
Quote:
I shop frequently at places like Ulta and Harmon's (attracts a lot of Boomers and older people) and it bothers be when people who look 40 and older do not respect my personal space when it is my turn at the cash register. By common sense, when I am on deck in line, I stand before the row of cash registers begin.

I noticed that these people stand close to me a lot and it is especially when I am making returns. Yet, they are the ones who have the Karen haircut and act like Karens when they make the returns. I hate when they stand so close to me when it is the store's fault for taking too long to do a return. I went to Harmon's today trying to do a return and they were taking too long to do it (the cashier eventually called another cashier to open up) and this old man was standing close to me rather than before the row of cash registers. I just don't get why people who look 40 have to do this. It's rude and it's like you are reading over my shoulder. Stores need to act like DMVs, place a yellow line on the floor where "customers must wait behind the yellow line".

Is this a Jersey thing or a generational thing? Or is it because I am Indian where people stereotype us as cheap?
Maybe it's you, and what is a Karen haircut? and if you are Indian why do Indian's not allow people to exit the elevator before trying to enter?

Old 10-30-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchef1 View Post
Maybe it's you, and what is a Karen haircut? and if you are Indian why do Indian's not allow people to exit the elevator before trying to enter?
Maybe you are too old to know what a Karen haircut even is . Karen haircut is the typical hairstyle of your typical "Can I speak to the manager" type of customers. The customers who are a waste of space on Earth.

Lol I hate when people don't allow others to exit the elevator first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: