Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2020, 08:07 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But who will arrest them if you've already arrested and locked up all the cops?
they wont arrest themselves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 08:11 AM

19,137 posts, read 25,345,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
You are wrong.

Unfortunately the following county's (SIC) have more deaths per-capita than Ocean County.

Atlantic
Camden
Cape May
Cumberland
Essex
Gloucester
Mercer
Passaic
Salem

https://www.njcares.gov/#ocea

I stand corrected.
Apparently, Ocean County merely has a very bad history of Opiate/Opioid deaths.

Old 11-10-2020, 09:07 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,994,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I stand corrected.
Apparently, Ocean County merely has a very bad history of Opiate/Opioid deaths.
It's all good, you've been a long time quality poster on the Jersey board and it is appreciated....

Old 11-11-2020, 06:34 PM

I just got a little bag of gummy bears and emptied it into my hand to take to the couch. My wife sees the gummy bears and says "what is that??" I say it's just gummy bears. she says "ohhh real gummy bears" I said "what do you think I'm taking a handful of drugs?" She said "no I thought it was the kids vitamins." Gotta get used to the new world.

Old 11-12-2020, 08:03 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I just got a little bag of gummy bears and emptied it into my hand to take to the couch. My wife sees the gummy bears and says "what is that??" I say it's just gummy bears. she says "ohhh real gummy bears" I said "what do you think I'm taking a handful of drugs?" She said "no I thought it was the kids vitamins." Gotta get used to the new world.
That's funny. Why would she think you'd be eating a handful of kid's vitamins, lol?

I've only tried homemade edibles, specifically cookies made by fiancé's daughter. I didn't like it all that much, I felt kind of foggy and weird. Would like to try others made by people who know more, but will probably have to wait till fiancé goes to visit family in Mass.

Old 11-12-2020, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's funny. Why would she think you'd be eating a handful of kid's vitamins, lol?

I've only tried homemade edibles, specifically cookies made by fiancé's daughter. I didn't like it all that much, I felt kind of foggy and weird. Would like to try others made by people who know more, but will probably have to wait till fiancé goes to visit family in Mass.
they arent haribos so maybe they look more similar to kids gummies to her.

i went to the dispensary in mass and got these lumens:

https://netacare.org/products/d-line-lumens/

one of them really didnt do anything. ive tried a bunch of different ones. i think they are generally produced in a legal state and then sold black market in other states. so they are manufactured not homemade. ive never felt much from anything i have consumed but ive never tried to push it. i know they arent all created equal because i know people who have had unpleasant experiences with them. ive smoked the pen a bunch of times but i dont like how marijuana makes me feel. the big issue is that its hard to keep up with conversation, you will be saying something and forget what you are talking about or what the other person is talking about. even though i may be the primary promoter of legalizing drugs here, i really have little interest in consuming them myself. its about freedom to me and its about the people wrongly harmed by the drug war.

Old 11-12-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
they arent haribos so maybe they look more similar to kids gummies to her.

i went to the dispensary in mass and got these lumens:

https://netacare.org/products/d-line-lumens/

one of them really didnt do anything. ive tried a bunch of different ones. i think they are generally produced in a legal state and then sold black market in other states. so they are manufactured not homemade. ive never felt much from anything i have consumed but ive never tried to push it. i know they arent all created equal because i know people who have had unpleasant experiences with them. ive smoked the pen a bunch of times but i dont like how marijuana makes me feel. the big issue is that its hard to keep up with conversation, you will be saying something and forget what you are talking about or what the other person is talking about. even though i may be the primary promoter of legalizing drugs here, i really have little interest in consuming them myself. its about freedom to me and its about the people wrongly harmed by the drug war.
Yes, I agree. I too hate the forgetting things in the middle of saying them. I used to keep a journal next to me and I would write down my revelations as they came up. But there were times all of a sudden the answer to everything, the answers to all the mysteries of life and the Universe would pop into my head, "Eureka, that's the answer" and by the time I grabbed my pen, it was gone, lol.

But as someone with ADD who does not take traditional ADD meds, it is the one thing that helps me get past the paralysis and launches me into action. I get so much more done when I smoke it's not even funny. My fiancé, worse ADD then I, is the same. He'll clean the whole house.

Old 11-12-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, I agree. I too hate the forgetting things in the middle of saying them. I used to keep a journal next to me and I would write down my revelations as they came up. But there were times all of a sudden the answer to everything, the answers to all the mysteries of life and the Universe would pop into my head, "Eureka, that's the answer" and by the time I grabbed my pen, it was gone, lol.

But as someone with ADD who does not take traditional ADD meds, it is the one thing that helps me get past the paralysis and launches me into action. I get so much more done when I smoke it's not even funny. My fiancé, worse ADD then I, is the same. He'll clean the whole house.
if you did write them down, you would probably be very disappointed that it doesnt sound as brilliant when you arent high anymore.

its good that it helps you. i just cant fathom the mindset of someone thinking that you deserve to be in prison for that.

Old 11-12-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
if you did write them down, you would probably be very disappointed that it doesnt sound as brilliant when you arent high anymore.

its good that it helps you. i just cant fathom the mindset of someone thinking that you deserve to be in prison for that.
Thats actually not true at all. It is very different from the things you would write down say when you’re drinking. The things you write down when high are actually just as insightful the next day. The revelations I had when I was trying to get the courage to leave my ex were life changing. I still have my frantically written journals from that time, and aside from the illegibility of much of them, the aha moments remain true. I truly believe that pot opens up a gateway in your brain to an area we don’t normally have access to. It lets you see a perspective that your conscious mind won’t let you see.

Years ago, I had a huge falling out with my BFF, best friend since age 14. We didn’t speak for weeks and weeks, I knew I was right and she knew she was right. Then one night I smoked a bowl. Before I was even done smoking it, all of a sudden I saw the argument completely differently, and I saw instantly that I had been wrong the entire time. Afterward I couldn’t believe that I didn’t see it that way before.

Interestingly, I once saw Quentin Tarantino interviewed, and he said that every movie he wrote, he wrote while high and went as far to say he wouldn’t have accomplished what he did without pot.

I think there is a lot we don’t know about it still. Hopefully the new administration will finally lift the schedule one designation, so we can really start researching it in depth.

Old 11-12-2020, 10:44 AM

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Biden is adamantly opposed to legalizing pot. So is Murphy, he's already trying to change the rules after it was approved by the citizens of NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey