Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2020, 08:04 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Even though legal recreational marijuana use by adults will almost surely be approved by the voters today, it looks like it will take about one year before this will take effect:

https://www.nj.com/marijuana/2020/11...perts-say.html
it is plenty available to buy. i hope that if it passes, nobody will get arrested for possessing it anymore. kind of silly to arrest someone when the people have voted and legalization is happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2020, 10:24 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Rule is to vote NO on any ballot question put forth by our elected officials. no matter how empathetic it appears.

The question about raising gas tax is a perfect example of omitting critical selective information from the voters. Allowed murph to shed tears when he told us he is forced to raise the gas tax by law.

Vote for Green Acres, but not before you research where the money actually goes vs where you think it goes.

Let that be a lesson!

Lawyers should be banned from elected office as their secret language is intended for political deception as on ballot questions.

Old 11-03-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Rule is to vote NO on any ballot question put forth by our elected officials. no matter how empathetic it appears.

The question about raising gas tax is a perfect example of omitting critical selective information from the voters. Allowed murph to shed tears when he told us he is forced to raise the gas tax by law.

Vote for Green Acres, but not before you research where the money actually goes vs where you think it goes.

Let that be a lesson!

Lawyers should be banned from elected office as their secret language is intended for political deception as on ballot questions.
you are definitely not going to get what you want if you vote yes on a question. when it comes to marijuana legalization, they should just list the laws making consumption criminal and say they will be repealed if you vote yes. instead they are creating a new process which will be corrupt and stupid.

but i voted yes since i figure its movement in a positive direction.

Old 11-03-2020, 07:46 PM

4,031 posts, read 3,644,565 times
Well, looks like that was a landslide

Old 11-03-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
So, in 2020 we will vote to legalize pot. This is a very bad idea. Our current program for drug courts and diversion is working. Where they legalized pot they have kids overdosing on pot “gummy bears†and other edibles. Crashes are way up. Shady people will come from other areas to buy drugs here. It’s also the start to more drug legalization. They already legalized shrooms in Denver and are discussing hard drug legalization in other states on the heels of pot. Everyone vote NO!
marijuana party at MJJersey's house!!!!

Old 11-03-2020, 08:38 PM

612 posts, read 1,011,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Oh we get to vote on this? Definitely voting yes. And please provide a link showing people are overdosing on weed gummies.

I've never been under the influence of Marijuana so I can't speak at all on this matter other than the fact that my two extreme pothead cousins said you never want to eat more than one. It's not an OD, but if they aren't doing it, you definitely shouldn't.

Old 11-03-2020, 09:03 PM

4,031 posts, read 3,644,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoakman View Post
I've never been under the influence of Marijuana so I can't speak at all on this matter other than the fact that my two extreme pothead cousins said you never want to eat more than one. It's not an OD, but if they aren't doing it, you definitely shouldn't.
Not all edibles are equal but yes, generally speaking they’re pretty potent. I’m not likely to partake much but it’s nice to know I’ll have the option for edibles because I really do not enjoy smoking.

Old 11-04-2020, 04:52 AM

7,383 posts, read 3,539,248 times
Don't worry anti weeders. The legislature still has to figure out what the rules and taxes should be for legal weed. That will take years, and in true backwards NJ fashion, they will make it so hard to get and such a small amount it won't even be worth it so people will just do what they have been doing all along: buying it illegally.

Old 11-04-2020, 07:19 AM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Don't worry anti weeders. The legislature still has to figure out what the rules and taxes should be for legal weed. That will take years, and in true backwards NJ fashion, they will make it so hard to get and such a small amount it won't even be worth it so people will just do what they have been doing all along: buying it illegally.
But 33,000 NJ marijuana arrests a year will no longer happen, which is a great thing. I think we all knew it is going to take awhile, they are going to be much more like Mass then Colorado. Although they say the legislature wants to get something done by end of November. There may also be a problem with individual towns not wanting dispensaries, like when medical marjuana started and patients had to go to either north Jersey or Egg Harbor Twp....but it's for sure a huge step in the right direction. They also want to start giving licenses in communities most affected by the drug war, and they have even made a path for black marketers to legitimately get licensed, so I think at least the bones of it sound good so far.

But 33,000 arrests in NJ, 3rd highest in the nation, come to a stop.

And Oregon becomes the first state in the nation to decriminalize ALL drugs. Good for them for leading the way, it was a brave thing to put on the ballot.

Old 11-04-2020, 07:26 AM

88,615 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
But 33,000 NJ marijuana arrests a year will no longer happen, which is a great thing. I think we all knew it is going to take awhile, they are going to be much more like Mass then Colorado. Although they say the legislature wants to get something done by end of November. There may also be a problem with individual towns not wanting dispensaries, like when medical marjuana started and patients had to go to either north Jersey or Egg Harbor Twp....but it's for sure a huge step in the right direction. They also want to start giving licenses in communities most affected by the drug war, and they have even made a path for black marketers to legitimately get licensed, so I think at least the bones of it sound good so far.

But 33,000 arrests in NJ, 3rd highest in the nation, come to a stop.

And Oregon becomes the first state in the nation to decriminalize ALL drugs. Good for them for leading the way, it was a brave thing to put on the ballot.
I didn't know that. Very good.

I was sure legalization would pass, but I wondered how close it would be. Good to see that a strong majority made it clear that New Jersey wanted legalization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey