Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2020, 08:13 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's kind of idealistic, as if a politician is there to make things better for people. He or she is there because the people who stand to make money off his or her decisions put them there. They have to maintain a delicate balance between trying to appear to care about the constituents while doing the bidding of those who own him. Or her.
i guess it is idealistic to think that people shouldnt be arrested and locked up for something that the lawmakers believe is ok for people to do. that is an incredible shame.

i appreciate that you understand that a politicians job is nothing like what most americans think it is. it is only about using their position to direct money to people that will direct money to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2020, 10:48 PM

351 posts, read 272,050 times
I feel like it would be a huge safety concern and I don't think it should ever be legal for people to drive while high as it could cause numerous car accidents and put innocent lives in danger. I strongly believe people should be clear headed while driving behind the wheel as I witnessed several severe car accidents. In addition, I wouldn't want to be anywhere in public around high stoners. Imagine shopping near them with your young children or walking down a street filled with them as they can freely smoke it anywhere... no thanks stay away from me. We have enough crazy pot heads in this state as is and it's not even legalized yet!

Last edited by possibleyou; 10-15-2020 at 11:22 PM..

Old 10-16-2020, 05:08 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,255,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by possibleyou View Post
I feel like it would be a huge safety concern and I don't think it should ever be legal for people to drive while high as it could cause numerous car accidents and put innocent lives in danger. I strongly believe people should be clear headed while driving behind the wheel as I witnessed several severe car accidents. In addition, I wouldn't want to be anywhere in public around high stoners. Imagine shopping near them with your young children or walking down a street filled with them as they can freely smoke it anywhere... no thanks stay away from me. We have enough crazy pot heads in this state as is and it's not even legalized yet!
https://www.phi.org/press/new-study-...-legalization/

Legalizing doesn't change the number of people using marijuana meaningfully. There are bars and liquor stores all over the place - I don't drink. Also, there's no evidence that legalization of marijuana causes an increase in car accidents despite years of data from states that made earlier steps to legalization.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:42 AM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
It will never be legal for people to drive high, whether it's legal to buy and use or not. It's not at all true that people will be able to walk down the street smoking.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:44 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Voting yes here. It should have never been placed on the Sched 1 list to begin with... even the commission to investigated concluded that it shouldn't have.

I have children and I will handle it just like Alcohol and Tobacco. Just like my father before me...

Old 10-16-2020, 08:13 AM

i wonder if someone vote's no here, what is their culpability in the crimes that the police commit against people when enforcing these tyrannical laws? many people want to blame politicians but then assign them no penalty for their actions. many people want to claim police are innocent because they are just doing their jobs. if a vote is held where people can choose whether or not something remains criminal, do their have the responsibility of a politicians passing an illegal law? maybe anyone voting no should be locked in prison.

just because something is put to a vote doesnt actually mean that you have the right to make a yes vote. democracy is just tyranny of the majority and when you violates someone's natural rights, you are committing a real crime. nobody has the right to make any drugs illegal, doing so makes you guilty of violating people's natural rights.

Old 10-16-2020, 08:27 AM

88,614 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone ever remotely suggested that it would be made legal for people to drive while high.

You are already in public around stoners. You just have no idea that they are stoned.

The idea that you would be walking down a street filled with people smoking weed is entirely a creation of your own imagination.

Old 10-16-2020, 08:37 AM

we went to vegas last spring and you could definitely smell it in the air in some places. so people were smoking it in public. its easy enough to hide now since people use vape pens. but who cares? its not my business what other people do until they negatively impact my rights.

Old 10-16-2020, 09:20 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,110,560 times
Quote:
There is a concern.. just like driving drunk. Yet.alcohol is legal.

NJ already includes driving impaired in the laws for DWI/DUI. IN FACT, the laws also include prescription drugs... again legal prescription drugs.

"While most people think New Jersey DWI/DUI stops and arrests involve alcohol and commonly known controlled dangerous substances (CDS) like heroin and cocaine, it would surprise many who learn that prescription drugs carry the same penalties and are the rising trend in DWI cases. If a police officer stops you for DUI while under the influence of prescription drugs, you can face a 7 month loss of license for a first offense as well as other fines and penalties similar to a .10 alcohol DUI. Simply because the drug is available via prescription DOES NOT mean that the rules to their use and driving with them in your system don't apply."

https://www.njdwilegal.com/dui-with-prescription-pills

Old 10-16-2020, 10:43 AM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
the way the ballot question is written in NJ, it may be 3 or 4 years before you can enter a dispensary and buy pot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey