Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2020, 07:45 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,721,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The same could be said for alcohol. Yet no one is moving to criminalize alcohol. The same people who might be high and drive if it’s legalized, are getting high and driving now. And it will be a criminal activity then just as it is now.
its funny because after marijuana is fully legalized people will look back on this era as the same as we look back on prohibition; like it was absolutely ridiculous. yet people like him dont get it.

in the future, all drugs will be decriminalized and prescriptions will not be required for medication. but that is too shocking now. in the future, it will be shocking that people let the government tell them what they can or cant consume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2020, 07:54 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC_livin_easy View Post
can't wait to vote YES to end the racist prohibition of cannabis. FINALLY
I doubt it will happen. NJ and NY both need a source revenue they can still use. That's why it hasn't been fully legalize yet. It's too profitable for towns and cities to fine people.

Old 08-22-2020, 06:51 PM

323 posts, read 575,711 times
ive asked this question to everyone I know who smokes and they are all for legalizing pot

I myself am on the fence about it

ive also asked those very same people when they legalize pot here are you gonna buy from the dipenseries or continue to buy from your dealer to avoid paying the tax ,75% say they will continue to buy from their dealer to avoid the tax

these are the very same people who wanna leagalize pot yet wanna continue to break the law by buying from an illegal source

these very same people im certain that they voted murphy in and look what he has done to new jersey,idiots

Old 08-22-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikinman63 View Post
these are the very same people who wanna leagalize pot yet wanna continue to break the law by buying from an illegal source
How is it an illegal source of it's a legal product that they are selling? Do I care about the red tape that the government puts up to get their blessing? It should be legal and the government shouldn't financially benefit and shouldn't get involved unless a real crime happens.

Old 08-23-2020, 05:20 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
So, in 2020 we will vote to legalize pot. This is a very bad idea. Our current program for drug courts and diversion is working. Where they legalized pot they have kids overdosing on pot “gummy bears” and other edibles. Crashes are way up. Shady people will come from other areas to buy drugs here. It’s also the start to more drug legalization. They already legalized shrooms in Denver and are discussing hard drug legalization in other states on the heels of pot. Everyone vote NO!

With all going on in 2020 .............this is your issue?????

Old 08-23-2020, 07:28 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikinman63 View Post
ive asked this question to everyone I know who smokes and they are all for legalizing pot

I myself am on the fence about it

ive also asked those very same people when they legalize pot here are you gonna buy from the dipenseries or continue to buy from your dealer to avoid paying the tax ,75% say they will continue to buy from their dealer to avoid the tax

these very same people im certain that they voted murphy in and look what he has done to new jersey,idiots
Well they voted Murphy because Republicans don’t support legalization at all. So you can help take that issue off the table for the next election by legalizing in this one. My fiancé and I will absolutely go to dispensaries because they have different blends you can’t get from the street (one strain helps you sleep, another makes you feel energetic etc) and also vape cartridges and edibles.

That’s one reason the legislature’s former bill had only a 10% tax (would have been the lowest in the nation) though.

Keep it illegal and all business goes to dealers, legalize and reduce that even to 50% is a good thing imo, but I think most people will at the least do both. But a lot will go to dispensaries for the products you can’t grt on the street.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:52 AM

im not sure why that is an issue of any importance. the most important issue is people not having to deal with law enforcement for their own choices of what to consume. id like to add in legislation to lock every cop in prison that ever arrested someone for a drug crime. its time for them to see some consequences for their actions.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:20 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,820,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Many people turn to cannabis and other drugs because there is no mental health treatment for some of them.

If millions of more Americans were to receive mental health treatment for their pain instead of having to "mask it" and take drugs, this would be a better place.

And perhaps, we might even see less people having to take drugs to begin with.
People take drugs primarily because they make you feel great!
Which is more than you can say about cigarettes.

Regardless of one's poison, criminalizing people's self destructive behaviors is a fools errand.

Anti-drug laws fuel the prison industry, create 'criminals' where there are none, promote and give succor to corruption, foster disrespect for the law, and create needless and horrible interactions with cops who should have better things to do than drag (mainly black) Americans off to jail!

If suicides etc. rise as a result - consequences that I would challenge - that is small potatoes compared to the cluster@#$% we live with now.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:45 PM

4,183 posts, read 5,067,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wherewhatwho View Post
It's a Yes from me dawg
Same here.

Old 08-25-2020, 05:31 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
With all going on in 2020 .............this is your issue?????
Yes. Local issues have more of a direct impact on your life then the guy in Washington.
Moderators for US and World Forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey