Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 12:41 AM

4 posts, read 20,425 times

Advertisements

I am curious to find out what areas are the worst when it comes to drugs.I was told that Tuckerton (Little Egg Harbor Mystic Islands) was a very nice place to move to but it turns out that 20% of the schools students tested positive for HIV aids,And these were kids trying to give blood donations i can only imagine how many others must have a disease or drug addiction.

And if you have any nice areas to recommend then please share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2006, 04:40 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
I've just gotta ask- where in the world would you find a bizarre fact like that???

Old 12-24-2006, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I've just gotta ask- where in the world would you find a bizarre fact like that???
The town News paper.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:36 AM

28 posts, read 152,007 times
Default What??

That fact doesnt sound true, but i can tell you that Fair Lawn, Elmwood Park, Saddle Brook, Paramusm area are very nice. I live in Fair lawn and i can tell you that it is a wonderfull town. We have a 13 million dollar recreation center, a town pool, churches, temples, and 15 minutes for GWB. We have very low crime for being so close to paterson. Paterson has a big problem with drugs! This area is also expensive as hell, if you havent heard bergen county is the 2nd most expensive county in the country.

Old 12-24-2006, 10:13 AM

467 posts, read 1,692,118 times
i always thought hiv results are confidential. curious to know how a newspaper would have these results...its not a matter of public record.

Old 12-24-2006, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNJ View Post
That fact doesnt sound true, but i can tell you that Fair Lawn, Elmwood Park, Saddle Brook, Paramusm area are very nice. I live in Fair lawn and i can tell you that it is a wonderfull town. We have a 13 million dollar recreation center, a town pool, churches, temples, and 15 minutes for GWB. We have very low crime for being so close to paterson. Paterson has a big problem with drugs! This area is also expensive as hell, if you havent heard bergen county is the 2nd most expensive county in the country.
Thank you,I know Bergen county pretty well my aunt lives there.It doesn't really seem all that rich either but i guess it is.

But this is what i was told about the school,I did not see it with my own eyes.There were no names said in the paper just had the percentage.I don't think a worker in the school would just make something up.I was also told the Pinelands had one of the highest drop out rates in NJ.

Old 12-25-2006, 07:25 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,095,135 times
HIV/AIDS tests are confidential, but by law positive results are reported to the state department of health and senior services. No names, just the fact that a person tested positive.

There is no way 20% of a student body tested postive for HIV. There is no way 100% of a student body took an HIV test. What I would imagine is that they tested a group of high-risk students and 20% of the high-risk group tested positive.

Old 12-26-2006, 11:20 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,395,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
HIV/AIDS tests are confidential, but by law positive results are reported to the state department of health and senior services. No names, just the fact that a person tested positive.

There is no way 20% of a student body tested postive for HIV. There is no way 100% of a student body took an HIV test. What I would imagine is that they tested a group of high-risk students and 20% of the high-risk group tested positive.
Yes, that's a fairly common tactic and oftentimes the culprit whenever you hear of one of those countless "designed to shock" statistics such as those that claim 2/3 of all women at a particular college have an STD. Generally, it's not a random sampling but rather a sampling of women who are at high-risk or who think that they have an STD who come in for the testing.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:25 AM

359 posts, read 2,593,303 times
worst towns with drugs are probably be

Newark(90% of the murders are drug related)
Paterson(Some parts not all parts)
Teaneck(Drug Capital of New york and New Jersey)

Old 12-31-2006, 11:40 AM

79 posts, read 286,051 times
Default article link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
I am curious to find out what areas are the worst when it comes to drugs.I was told that Tuckerton (Little Egg Harbor Mystic Islands) was a very nice place to move to but it turns out that 20% of the schools students tested positive for HIV aids,And these were kids trying to give blood donations i can only imagine how many others must have a disease or drug addiction.

And if you have any nice areas to recommend then please share.
provide us with the link to article. i can't believe this. sounds fishy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey