Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 04:39 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,112,381 times

Advertisements

Struggling single mother donated her $100 lottery winnings to an officer shot in the line of duty:

https://www.nbc29.com/2020/07/21/str...hot-line-duty/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2020, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Thanks for letting us know.
I'll be sure to stay far the **** away from there.
(and no, not because you'll be there )

I'm going to park my car way up on a lot on Rt. 94, pull my e-bike out the back and ride that down.

If any goofy, drug-addict misanthropes start throwing molotovs at me, I'll have a quick get-away.

Old 09-25-2020, 07:52 AM

668 posts, read 471,262 times
Has anyone ever considered that we generalize way too much? Cops are evil. Same as saying minorities are criminals.

Some cops suck at their jobs. They should be removed. If they commit a crime, trial, jail.

To say all cops are like this is where the problem is.

Some cops are amazing. Just like some people are. Let's not lump them all together.

Now i'll patiently wait to get attacked for this post

Old 09-25-2020, 07:59 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post
Has anyone ever considered that we generalize way too much? Cops are evil. Same as saying minorities are criminals.

Some cops suck at their jobs. They should be removed. If they commit a crime, trial, jail.

Some cops are amazing. Just like some people are. Let's not lump them all together.

the police enforce laws that violate our rights. that makes them all evil.

Old 09-25-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Is this a multi-part question?
i see you dont want to answer the question and that is fine. im sure that you have realized that supporting people who would arrest you for what you have done is going to look weird unless you say that you think you belong in prison (which im guessing you dont). i wonder why you think that you dont belong in prison for consuming a variety of drugs but other people do.

Old 09-25-2020, 08:13 AM

968 posts, read 726,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marehoodlum View Post

No, this is 100% accurate. There are many good cops, probably the majority of them. The problem is and has been, when they do commit crimes (such as murdering unarmed citizens, which has been happening at an alarming rate) they are not being convicted, or in some cases even tried. This has led to the social boiling point where we now find ourselves.

On a completely separate note, do the Newton police even want this rally? Wouldn't they find it patronizing? I mean, if I were a cop, I would be a bit embarrassed to have like 20 people in MAGA hats parading around with flags that say "we support the police" or whatever they will say. Particularly given the national mood right now, it just feels tone deaf.

Old 09-25-2020, 08:38 AM

it may not seem like it but being nice and respectful to everyone is a part of my identity. i dont just hate people because i like hating people. i actually like pretty much everyone i encounter. but police cause too much suffering. im fortunate to not have issues with them and likely can easily avoid them but a lot of people cant and their lives have been ruined or seriously compromised by the actions of police. i know that many people give them a free pass and say to blame lawmakers but i dont believe that giving the people actually carrying out the abuse immunity because they "are just following orders" is harmful to our ability to enjoy some freedom. i want to blame police and military soldiers for what they did and want to consider punishment for what they have done even if they were following their orders. maybe if they are accountable, they would reconsider either taking the jobs or carrying out all the orders they are given.

and btw, all police cover up and defend the actions of each other no matter what. it is hard to say there are any good ones because they have always shown that they will protect each other no matter what they are guilty of.

Old 09-25-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i see you dont want to answer the question .

We both know what you're up to, stop being a child..

Old 09-25-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
We both know what you're up to, stop being a child..
i am glad that you see how i intend to follow up to what you say but it wouldnt be a problem if there wasnt extreme hypocrisy in what your response would be. the fact that you dont want to answer tells me that you would be saying something very hypocritical.

Old 09-25-2020, 08:50 AM

I typed out a long, detailed response hours ago explaining my position but then I realized I feel sorry for you [and your family] , so I deleted it. I'm going to leave it at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey