Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:14 PM

11 posts, read 139,323 times

Advertisements

Can someone tell me the parking situation at the New Brunswick Train Station? Is there ample monthly parking? Expensive? Tough to find? Far from the station?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 08:29 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
The New Brunswick Parking Authority manages most of the parking facilities in downtown New Brunswick near the train station. The most popular deck for train station users is the Ferren Mall Parking Deck on Albany Street, right across from the station. As of last year there was a waiting list for monthly parking. Check with the Parking Authority to see how long you could expect to wait for a permit, and to see if there are shorter waits for permits at other facilities nearby. NBPA Home

Old 05-07-2008, 06:47 AM

11 posts, read 139,323 times
Thanks! Very helpful!

Old 11-14-2008, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 30,163 times
I moved to Somerset recently. Have to commute to NY city for work. Most convenient way is to park and ride from New Brunswick train station. The nearest parking lot Warren deck has 7 Years of wait time. Anyone has any idea what I cud possibly do ? Are there any private parking places closer to the train station ?? Please advise and help. Appreciate it. Thank you.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:42 PM

1,184 posts, read 4,043,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravecool View Post
I moved to Somerset recently. Have to commute to NY city for work. Most convenient way is to park and ride from New Brunswick train station. The nearest parking lot Warren deck has 7 Years of wait time. Anyone has any idea what I cud possibly do ? Are there any private parking places closer to the train station ?? Please advise and help. Appreciate it. Thank you.
Since you are in Somerset, have you checked into the Jersey Avenue Station? There are two lots there; one is quarterly and one is daily.

Most of the private lots around the station are for Rutgers faculty and staff. You may want to check with St. Peter's Church on the corner of Somerset and Little Albany across from the Old Queens Campus to see if they offer parking options. I kind of doubt it, but the worst that can happen is they will say no.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:45 AM

1 posts, read 27,480 times
Default Parking Pass available for Ferren Deck in New Brunswick, NJ

I have a monthly parking pass for the Ferren deck. My job has changed so I do not need to commute to NYC everyday, but would like to hold to my pass as the possibiltiy may exist down the road, and I do not want go back on the long waiting list. Would love to work out an arrangement to use my pass with someone.

Thanks

Old 08-29-2009, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 27,398 times
Hi, I would be interested in using your parking pass for the Ferren Deck. How can I contact you? My email is nsarmast@gmail.com. I live on Bayard Street and go to Rutgers and I desperately need parking because my building has none.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:11 PM

22 posts, read 66,546 times
Default Ferren deck parking permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpalumbo View Post
I have a monthly parking pass for the Ferren deck. My job has changed so I do not need to commute to NYC everyday, but would like to hold to my pass as the possibiltiy may exist down the road, and I do not want go back on the long waiting list. Would love to work out an arrangement to use my pass with someone.

Thanks

Hi,

I am also interested in the Ferren deck parking permit. I live at Franklin Park, and will start to work at City on 09/08. If the permit is still available, please let me know. My email is sean_nj@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Sean

Old 09-16-2009, 07:09 AM

1 posts, read 27,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpalumbo View Post

Thanks

I don't know if you have already arranged something with someone, but I am also interested in your parking pass. I will only be here for the next 3 to 6 months and need parking near the New Brunswick station. Please email me at [EMAIL="spatel829@gmail.com"]spatel829@gmail.com[/EMAIL] if you haven't already found someone.

Thanks!

Old 02-09-2011, 08:00 AM

3 posts, read 24,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravecool View Post

I am in the same predicament. I just moved there last week and parking is $13.00 a day. Where in Somerset are you coming from? Perhaps there is some way we could carpool. One week I could drive and the next you could drive, or perhaps there are already some carpooling going on. I live off of New Brunswick Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: