Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2024, 07:33 AM

10,441 posts, read 6,969,439 times

Advertisements

You're right, Goodwill is not a good organization to donate to. The CEO was made over $100M in compensation for 2022, meanwhile they pay their associates minimum wage and i've read that they pay disabled people under $1 an hour. It could be considered job training, the same as any other retail locations but its just a scam to get free items to resell and near market rates.

It was convenient to dump my clothes at this time, and the tax credit is an added bonus, but there are probably better organizations to donate to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2024, 09:06 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,653,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
You're right, Goodwill is not a good organization to donate to. The CEO was made over $100M in compensation for 2022, meanwhile they pay their associates minimum wage and i've read that they pay disabled people under $1 an hour. It could be considered job training, the same as any other retail locations but its just a scam to get free items to resell and near market rates.

It was convenient to dump my clothes at this time, and the tax credit is an added bonus, but there are probably better organizations to donate to.
Not true ........................., you can't just make things up.

Google is your friend.

How much did the Goodwill CEO make?
The bottom line: The CEO's of the 12 largest Goodwill organizations received $370,000-$900,000 annually in compensation with the average being $650,000.Dec 25, 2023

Old 02-20-2024, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Not true ........................., you can't just make things up.

Google is your friend.

How much did the Goodwill CEO make?
The bottom line: The CEO's of the 12 largest Goodwill organizations received $370,000-$900,000 annually in compensation with the average being $650,000.Dec 25, 2023
I see where you got your information, apparently you forgot to complete the full quote as google is your friend

The bottom line: The CEO’s of the 12 largest Goodwill organizations received $370,000-$900,000 annually in compensation with the average being $650,000. If the 155 Goodwill organizations paid the CEO the average compensation, then Goodwill spent more than $100 million on CEO compensation in 2022.

https://paddockpost.com/2023/12/25/e...on%20in%202022.

So there are more than one person with the title CEO as the organization is broken up into regions.

Old 02-20-2024, 01:20 PM

Quote:

You wrote "THE", not the total some, again you make things up.

Old 02-20-2024, 01:21 PM

Quote:
I see where you got your information, apparently you forgot to complete the full quote as google is your friend

The bottom line: The CEO’s of the 12 largest Goodwill organizations received $370,000-$900,000 annually in compensation with the average being $650,000. If the 155 Goodwill organizations paid the CEO the average compensation, then Goodwill spent more than $100 million on CEO compensation in 2022.

https://paddockpost.com/2023/12/25/e...on%20in%202022.

So there are more than one person with the title CEO as the organization is broken up into regions.
Again not what you said, you said "THE" CEO.

Old 02-21-2024, 03:36 PM

88,528 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
I like those nice white ShopRite bags for storing stuff here like vacuum cleaner parts, extra plugin cords I might use again when the devices I have that use the old ports with the white lines on them. I can use USB-A with USB-C but that other old one I don't know what it is called. So much I already gave away and I don't miss any of it. I forgot all about donating to the Veterans, thanks for letting us remember. I use to give to Goodwill but I was told they have become more like a corporation and make a lot of money selling goods for a high price and they keep most of it if not all. I now doubt they actually give the stuff away to people in need.

How the heck did you do all that traveling everyday. That would drive me nuts. I hope the salary more than made up for it.
Traveling to the city, you mean? (Nothing in the post you responded to about traveling for work.)

Did what I had to do. Had a kid to support all on my own. That's where the job was.

LOL, I have a white Shop-Rite bag in my car with vacuum cleaner accessories in it right now.

Old 02-22-2024, 11:51 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,659,838 times
Recycling of anything is a scam. It cost more money to recycle than produce a new one. Plastic bags while they are an environmental disaster could be handled better if people toss them out properly and are processed correctly. Because the government simply uses recycling regulations as a way to fine and enforce regulations they don't actually do anything to ensure that recycling is being managed properly.

Old 02-22-2024, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Recycling of anything is a scam. It cost more money to recycle than produce a new one. Plastic bags while they are an environmental disaster could be handled better if people toss them out properly and are processed correctly. Because the government simply uses recycling regulations as a way to fine and enforce regulations they don't actually do anything to ensure that recycling is being managed properly.
Outside of paper and metal, plastic recycling mostly has been a scam for sometime and far worse for the environment. American taxpayers were paying the Chinese and other third-world countries in Asia to accept our recycling, for which they would sort through the things of value then dump everything else right into the Pacific Ocean. When the US got into trade showdown with the Chinese in 2018, China enacted the "National Sword" policy they simply stopped accepting paper and plastic recycling, for which much of it now instead of going into Pacific Ocean is now going into American Landfills.

Old 03-02-2024, 06:39 PM

Had a chance to speak a NJ Assemblyman who connected the dots for me on the plastic bag ban. This was nothing more than a smokescreen to his base to seem to care about the marine environment because Murphys own agenda of Offshore Wind will be responsible for more sealife death than anything this state has seen in its existence.

Old 03-03-2024, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Had a chance to speak a NJ Assemblyman who connected the dots for me on the plastic bag ban. This was nothing more than a smokescreen to his base to seem to care about the marine environment because Murphys own agenda of Offshore Wind will be responsible for more sealife death than anything this state has seen in its existence.
LOL, you have to be kidding . Seriously you make the of 6 degrees of Separation with Murphey a game(Sorry Kevin Bacon). You link everything to him and or Democrats your bias agenda is actually getting funny. What's next, Murphey hiding UFO's out in the Atlantic under the Wind Farms?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey