Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2023, 10:03 AM

846 posts, read 682,245 times

Advertisements

Can we not do this in the NJ forum? If you want to discuss environmentalism, regulations or whatever, there's a whole politics forum for that. This is for NJ discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2023, 10:09 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lair8 View Post
Can we not do this in the NJ forum? If you want to discuss environmentalism, regulations or whatever, there's a whole politics forum for that. This is for NJ discussion.
Its a NJ senator that is leading the charge.

Old 01-11-2023, 10:10 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
For the Nervous Nellies out there who are--bizarrely--convinced that they will soon be required to remove gas ranges and/or gas furnaces from their home, here is some reality:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/bi...limate-change/

I will add that, in the event that gas ranges are taken off the market at some time in the future, that would have no bearing on existing gas appliances in one's home.
They’re all going to pretend they didn’t see this post, because it’s really just another let’s bash Dems thread. They don’t want their fun spoiled on the very first page.

On politics, there’s a thread called “the Marxists are coming for your car”. I posted a link showing that the story was false on the first page, but the thread is still about 10 pages with people still acting like the sky is falling.

Old 01-11-2023, 10:45 AM

10,475 posts, read 6,991,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lair8 View Post
Its NJ. Also, Murphy has his own green dictatorship agenda by putting the largest windmill farm in the world, down the coast of NJ beaches. Booker is trying to take Murphy's idea and input restrictions onto the federal level, which would really put some backbone in Murphy's proposal. After Murphy's gas stove and gas heat ban's go into effect, and you're forced to buy his electricity you could always go across state lines and pick up a new stove or heater.

I really can't see why anyone from either side of the political isle would support these plans if you live or visit the NJ shore.

Last edited by DannyHobkins; 01-11-2023 at 11:01 AM..

Old 01-11-2023, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post

Why does the left just let the government steam-roll their rights without standing up for themselves against these tyrants that are making decisions without our input? Nobody I know voted for this, don't we live in a representative republic? Shouldn't the people have a say? Or is it too much soy and not enough testosterone?

The thing is the left (or those who now reside on it) have unknowingly been completely indoctrinated through the schools and media for what their beliefs are. They unknowingly follow lock foot step, in whatever the the globalists that meet in Davos setup as their agenda.

Corey Booker was one of the largest beneficiaries from Sam Banksman-Fried's fraud. Is Booker going to pay restitution back to the FTX victims?

Old 01-11-2023, 12:14 PM
46H

1,652 posts, read 1,400,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
It is being done so they can control you. If you don't think that's going to happen, there was already an incident in Denver this year, where the power company started changing peoples thermostats.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...EI7KLALATWUYU/
An Incident in Denver!!! Oh my!!!! Big Brother is Everywhere!!!!

The power company took over thermostats as per an agreement containing rebates with the homeowners. I guess it wasn't scary enough to mention this part of the story.

Maybe you didn't read this part of the article:

"Xcel Energy, which serves 1.3 million electric customers in Colorado, started the AC Rewards program six years ago, KUSA-TV reported. The program allows customers to receive rebates in exchange for allowing Xcel to adjust their thermostats during the summer’s hottest days to ease the electrical grid, according to the television station.
The rewards program has 22,000 members. Customers receive a $100 credit for enrolling in the program and an annual $25 rebate, KMGH-TV reported."

PSEG has a similar program in NJ. Nobody is forced to participate.

Old 01-11-2023, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46H View Post
An Incident in Denver!!! Oh my!!!! Big Brother is Everywhere!!!!

The power company took over thermostats as per an agreement containing rebates with the homeowners. I guess it wasn't scary enough to mention this part of the story.

Maybe you didn't read this part of the article:

"Xcel Energy, which serves 1.3 million electric customers in Colorado, started the AC Rewards program six years ago, KUSA-TV reported. The program allows customers to receive rebates in exchange for allowing Xcel to adjust their thermostats during the summer’s hottest days to ease the electrical grid, according to the television station.
The rewards program has 22,000 members. Customers receive a $100 credit for enrolling in the program and an annual $25 rebate, KMGH-TV reported."

PSEG has a similar program in NJ. Nobody is forced to participate.
It takes an inch, and people will move a mile. The point is there is a movement going on where the government with its tentacles wants to control all aspects of your life. The Marxists in government want to be able to control your car, and your energy so they can control you. Once they get access to these types of powers, they can start enforcing whatever they want too. They can start implementing things such as social credit scores, personal esg, or whatever their end goals are. The public will live in fear, its a way to limit free speech as people don't want to be punished by their powers. You can laugh and say this is bizarre but this is actually mapped out plan of Marxism and the fight people have in the future.

Also, if you're not aware, Murphy is planning to cutoff all natural gas pipelines from Pennsylvania to NJ. There are going to be hundreds of mega-windmills, each about 2/3 the size of the Empire State building down the beaches of NJ. There will be no choice but to buy energy for your electric car, electric heater, and stove from the State of NJ. There's a dystopian future that they are trying to implement here in the state.

Old 01-11-2023, 01:02 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,927 times
Quote:
The thing is the left (or those who now reside on it) have unknowingly been completely indoctrinated through the schools and media for what their beliefs are. They unknowingly follow lock foot step, in whatever the the globalists that meet in Davos setup as their agenda.

Corey Booker was one of the largest beneficiaries from Sam Banksman-Fried's fraud. Is Booker going to pay restitution back to the FTX victims?
Hells no.

Couldn't agree more. Expanding off what you said, thanks to the algorithms created by the tech companies, people are only fed the news they want. Confirmation bias. The twitter files drop is proving this. You've seen that and I've seen that, but I've spoken to other "normies" that have no idea what I'm talking about.

News is now curated for the consumer (by now I mean for the last 15 years or so). Arguing with people on here is futile because they're not seeing what we see, and vice versa.

Old 01-11-2023, 01:04 PM

19,125 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Murphy is planning to cutoff all natural gas pipelines from Pennsylvania to NJ.
Of course, you failed to provide a link to a credible source for that information.

Old 01-11-2023, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Of course, you failed to provide a link to a credible source for that information.
I didn't think I needed to provide a link for something that is common knowledge. However this just exemplifies my point on how the media (google, nbc, abc, washington post, cnn, msnbc, ny times, the patch) has completely blocked this all out from the public. Why would someone vote for Murphy or Booker if they knew all this was happening behind the scenes.

Retriever, when I have a moment I will find the source for you because I know its been blocked from top Google searches.

Last edited by DannyHobkins; 01-11-2023 at 01:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey