Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 05:54 AM

5,307 posts, read 3,880,620 times

Advertisements

So they want to eliminate gas cooking in favor of electric when the power grid in its current state already can't handle the load? Dumb sinister or both?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2023, 07:07 PM

10,820 posts, read 7,297,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
Natural gas is not clean energy. Better than oil, but certainly not clean. You fail to understand that supply is not a problem, the combustion and carbon emission is. If you don't understand that already, no amount of debate will help convince you.
Natural gas is actually a very clean energy, and better than throwing up death windmills all over the place.

https://rumble.com/v1ddczd-cnn-tech-...te-change.html

Last edited by DannyHobkins; 01-14-2023 at 07:25 PM..

Old 01-14-2023, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
So they want to eliminate gas cooking in favor of electric when the power grid in its current state already can't handle the load? Dumb sinister or both?
Follow the money, see who is going to benefit and who is funding the politicians.

Old 01-14-2023, 10:26 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,210,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Natural gas is actually a very clean energy, and better than throwing up death windmills all over the place.

https://rumble.com/v1ddczd-cnn-tech-...te-change.html
Is that usually your source of information, and fact checking? Random chatter from someone, somewhere? Perhaps try science journals, research articles, white papers? They're as easily accessible as the video link you posted.

Old 01-18-2023, 02:34 PM

2,693 posts, read 2,129,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
Natural gas is not clean energy. Better than oil, but certainly not clean. You fail to understand that supply is not a problem, the combustion and carbon emission is. If you don't understand that already, no amount of debate will help convince you.
But gas is probably the cleanest burning of all fossil fuels. After all, we burn it at home every day and it mostly generates heat.

I am extremely concerned about the global warming. My kids keep asking me when it is going to snow and it is almost 50 degrees in January. But I think the first priority would be to get rid of the coal and oil burning power plants. Gas usage for heat & cooking should be the last, in my opinion. And I hope people will get reimbursed to switch from gas to all electric. And I have anecdotally heard that electric heat is much more expensive then gas...

Old 01-18-2023, 03:37 PM

51,502 posts, read 37,195,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
But gas is probably the cleanest burning of all fossil fuels. After all, we burn it at home every day and it mostly generates heat.

I am extremely concerned about the global warming. My kids keep asking me when it is going to snow and it is almost 50 degrees in January. But I think the first priority would be to get rid of the coal and oil burning power plants. Gas usage for heat & cooking should be the last, in my opinion. And I hope people will get reimbursed to switch from gas to all electric. And I have anecdotally heard that electric heat is much more expensive then gas...
The discussion on gas stoves is about indoor air pollution, not climate change factors. The Consumer Product Safety Commision is who originally suggested it, because of high rates of childhood asthma, which has soared over the years.

Old 01-18-2023, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The discussion on gas stoves is about indoor air pollution, not climate change factors. The Consumer Product Safety Commision is who originally suggested it, because of high rates of childhood asthma, which has soared over the years.
Gas stoves have been in American households since the 1860s, and wood prior to that. Most houses in NJ converted over 120 years ago. Im not following the science of 2 untrustworthy politicans.

If gas stoves arent about climate change, why did Murphy kill the few billion dollar pipeline of natural gas into Mercer County and demanding all homes convert to 100% electricity before 2050?

Last edited by DannyHobkins; 01-18-2023 at 05:07 PM..

Old 01-18-2023, 05:15 PM

89,077 posts, read 85,693,873 times
I don't really buy that gas is all that bad for us. Used it all my life, and my parents and grandparents before.

Old 01-18-2023, 08:41 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,210,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post

Agree, gas is much cleaner than coal and oil. But gas is also used far more abundantly @ 30 trillion cubit feet per year in the U.S., probably more than coal and oil, so its cumulative effect is more. Most of the damage from using natural gas is not done indoors from cooking or heating homes. It happens from methane leaked during extraction and transportation, as much as 1-2% of the total volume captured, which translates to as much as 300-600 billion cubic feet of leaked methane per year. That is massive amounts of methane leaked; and methane in some ways is far worse than carbon dioxide as it is 90 times more effective at trapping heat than CO2 and exponentially increasing climate warming. So while natural gas may be harmless for stoves, or furnaces, the damage from using it is already done upstream, far before it reaches our homes.

Old 01-19-2023, 07:09 AM

51,502 posts, read 37,195,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Gas stoves have been in American households since the 1860s, and wood prior to that. Most houses in NJ converted over 120 years ago. Im not following the science of 2 untrustworthy politicans.

If gas stoves arent about climate change, why did Murphy kill the few billion dollar pipeline of natural gas into Mercer County and demanding all homes convert to 100% electricity before 2050?
I don't know about the Murphy thing, I do know the gas stove ban idea came from the Consumer Product Safety Commision, which is not involved in climate change in any capacity, and stated it was because of links to childhood asthma which have increased significantly over the decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey