Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 03:10 PM

131 posts, read 137,526 times

Advertisements

Been waiting for a while to see if more lower price models enter the market. I'd really like to have more choices available than a Tesla. Not sure if I want to go for a Bolt or Leaf. The 2023 Bolt seems to have great reviews though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2023, 03:22 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,187,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peoj View Post
Been waiting for a while to see if more lower price models enter the market. I'd really like to have more choices available than a Tesla. Not sure if I want to go for a Bolt or Leaf. The 2023 Bolt seems to have great reviews though.
I'm not a Tesla fan either, but my take is that no one makes as good EVs as them, and has a charging network that strong. A RWD Tesla model 3 costs under 40k in NJ (and under 35k if one qualifies for the federal tax rebate). Very competitive against equivalent mid-size sedans that sells for ~35k. I don't think EVs will get significantly cheaper in the next few years.

Last edited by davenj08; 03-27-2023 at 03:33 PM..

Old 03-27-2023, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
That’s because you were driving south. Try take a Skiing trip this coming Winter up north and let us know.
We're in the first decade of EV mass adoption, so nearly all household who have an EV also have a dependable ICE car, or have a family/friend they can swap their EV with for the 2-3% times where an EV does not meet the travel needs.

For the few folks who drive hundreds of miles on a daily basis, have limited access to charging networks, and live in extremely cold climate, well, stick to ICE. EVs may not be suitable for everyone.

Old 03-27-2023, 03:55 PM

19,042 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
We're in the first decade of EV mass adoption, so nearly all household who have an EV also have a dependable ICE car, or have a family/friend they can swap their EV with for the 2-3% times where an EV does not meet the travel needs.

For the few folks who drive hundreds of miles on a daily basis, have limited access to charging networks, and live in extremely cold climate, well, stick to ICE. EVs may not be suitable for everyone.
^ This, but also I do exactly what he leveled as a “gotcha” - even posted a pic - and have not received a response.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-27-2023, 06:57 PM

4,028 posts, read 3,637,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peoj View Post
I realize it’s a completely different price point, but the BMW i7 is pretty incredible

Old 03-28-2023, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
^ This, but also I do exactly what he leveled as a “gotcha” - even posted a pic - and have not received a response.
You'll never get a thoughtful engaging response because these are shoot-and-scoot tactics. The most you might get is another anecdotal response, or yet another 1% scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey