Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2023, 11:05 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,850,003 times

Advertisements

Well, Spring is almost here followed by the Summer.. what kind of shenanigans do you think are the most common/annoying in Jersey Shore towns in the summer?

Mobs of teens wreaking havoc?
Bars that don't close at the curfew/loud music?
Public drunkenness?
Teens driving crazy in cars?

I know the traffic around Point Pleasant on its one lane road is just.... unbearable. BUT. What do you find the worst attribute of Jersey Shore towns in the busy season?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2023, 01:10 PM

88,661 posts, read 84,959,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
Well, Spring is almost here followed by the Summer.. what kind of shenanigans do you think are the most common/annoying in Jersey Shore towns in the summer?

Mobs of teens wreaking havoc?
Bars that don't close at the curfew/loud music?
Public drunkenness?
Teens driving crazy in cars?

I know the traffic around Point Pleasant on its one lane road is just.... unbearable. BUT. What do you find the worst attribute of Jersey Shore towns in the busy season?
I go to the beach at Long Branch, which isn't a big destination beach for either drunks or families. But when I was commuting, there were loud annoying young adults drinking on the train on Tuesdays one year because a bar in Belmar had some 50 cent beer deal that night.

Old 03-01-2023, 02:52 PM

35 posts, read 33,661 times
Beach club in Sea Bright, it costs us a pretty penny and is COMPLETELY WORTH IT.

Old 03-01-2023, 04:31 PM

35 posts, read 33,661 times
I misunderstood the topic, so here goes, I hate not going to the beach at the beach club during the summer and the traffic on Ocean Ave, which I avoid completely.

However, there are no what look like nice bathrooms at both SB public beaches, it's probably better than when I last hung out there. Sea Girt is awesome, we grew up down there and it's local heaven.

Old 03-02-2023, 02:54 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,689,868 times
The disrespect the day Bennie's have for the citizens of the town they are visiting. Parking, trash etc. They assume the beach's belong to them but it 's the people of that Town that take care of them and make them a nice place to visit.

Old 03-02-2023, 07:45 AM

10,512 posts, read 7,046,766 times
Each town has its demographic, and you should know what to expect in the towns.

Quote:
Traffic is always bad if youre going down. The Parkway on a Friday afternoon is a parking lot.

Point Pleasant runs out of parking spots at 9am on Saturday Mornings, going there at all is a rookie mistake.

Old 03-02-2023, 09:04 AM

198 posts, read 277,193 times
Quote:
One police officer described the Jersey Shore to me this way---------We have Spring Break from Memorial Day to Labor Day!

Old 03-02-2023, 09:50 AM

10,512 posts, read 7,046,766 times
Also Memorial Day is for people with homes down the shore, and people looking to go to the bars.

The beaches are usually to cold.

Old 03-02-2023, 12:56 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,347,479 times
Haven't been to the beach between Memorial Day and Labor day in YEARS.

I refuse to deal with that madness. I'm all about the offseason.

Old 03-02-2023, 01:30 PM

4,035 posts, read 3,652,986 times
I only go down the shore for day trips on summer weekdays. No weekends and no holidays for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey