Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 01:32 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
Either you are oblivious, or you are deliberately playing dumb.

What he is saying is that you do not need to burn a cross on someones lawn to make them feel unwanted.

Just because one has not been burnt does not mean that everyone is happy and accepting.
how am i going to know about whats happening if i dont ask the questions? what is with this crazy attempt at silencing any questions regarding race?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Meaningless qualification.

what???? you implied i was saying its happening on a great scale. i never said anything about the scale. i was just suggesting it happened more with one group than another. im not sure why you are saying "meaningless qualification."

Old 05-14-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Are you THAT clueless? If you can't figure out what I was inferring, I can see why you can't see the error in your own statements.
i appear to be dealing with another person who is playing silly word games. i know what you meant by nigerian. i also was asking (preferably for a black to respond) when was the last time they were called a nigerian.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:35 PM

36 posts, read 158,066 times
Posts like this are why I gave up on asking questions here. At the least, a waste of bandwidth. The original poster, as usual, gets a dose of hatred instead of some intelligent responses.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:45 PM

1,482 posts, read 3,125,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
please, never use the term "nettiquete" again when responding to me.
Excuse me, what?

Asking you not to be offensive offends you?

The Irony is thick in these parts!

Old 05-14-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
how am i going to know about whats happening if i dont ask the questions? what is with this crazy attempt at silencing any questions regarding race?

No, it isn't.

You still refuse to acnowledge your own error. When asking a group about social trends, you do not imply their inferiority in doing so.

You are asking if Blacks are less tolerant, and therefore less accepting, than whites.

Notice the term "less"?

So, go back to my examples and realize that you are not going to get an answer to your questions when you offend people in the asking of them. No-one is forbidding you from asking them. I am only trying to make it so you can "learn" a bit more yourself.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
what???? you implied i was saying its happening on a great scale. i never said anything about the scale. i was just suggesting it happened more with one group than another. im not sure why you are saying "meaningless qualification."
You were trying to rationalize and give merit to your question by asking for the frequency of occurance, not the severity of the act itself.

That still does not remove the component that is insulting which is your implications that Blacks are less tolerant than Whites.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
i appear to be dealing with another person who is playing silly word games. i know what you meant by nigerian. i also was asking (preferably for a black to respond) when was the last time they were called a nigerian.
If you want me to stop dealing with you with a bit of light hearted banter and treat your comments as seriously as some would, this thread would not be a very friendly place.

"silly word games" is better than ignorant implied racism anyday.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelPh View Post
Posts like this are why I gave up on asking questions here. At the least, a waste of bandwidth. The original poster, as usual, gets a dose of hatred instead of some intelligent responses.
I am trying Michael......

I was just noticing this was getting WAY OT from the OP.....

I apologise for contributing to the digression.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
If you want me to stop dealing with you with a bit of light hearted banter and treat your comments as seriously as some would, this thread would not be a very friendly place.

"silly word games" is better than ignorant implied racism anyday.
you were being light hearted? it didnt appear that way to me. it seemed like you were saying that i didnt understand your use of "nigerian," which i did. then you figured that since i didnt understand your use that i was missing every point being made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey