Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2024, 11:45 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,709,628 times

Advertisements

Democrats - the Pro Drug Abuse Party.

Hence, the drug addict tent camps across our country and the associated garbage, defecation, urination that goes along with it. And Democrats want us to call them "The Unhoused" while using our taxpayer money to subsidize it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2024, 11:47 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,709,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I did them a couple times while on a golf trip to Florida in November. Hadn't done them in at least 4 decades. Went out to a nice restaurant, a few drinks, in bed by 11, back on the course by 9 am.
I'd rather do a protein powder shake with oat milk, frozen banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter. A bit healthier.

Old 01-19-2024, 11:49 AM

8,536 posts, read 4,773,040 times
Fine by me.

Democrats sometimes have decent ideas. Although I’d think NJ has some higher priorities for lawmakers to address.

Old 01-19-2024, 12:14 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,694,841 times
Just like Cannabis , these laws can't pass without Bi partisan cooperation. It's not all Democrats.

Old 01-19-2024, 02:21 PM

20,417 posts, read 14,709,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
Democraps primarily are the ones who support legalizing dangerous drugs like this. The ONLY other state to legalize Shrooms is another Blue state (Oregon).
You won't see Republican states like Texas legalizing this crap
Incorrect. Colorado has also decriminalized mushrooms.

https://www.cpr.org/2023/06/21/color...ars%20in%20all.

I think that most Americans are going to roll their eyes at the talk of, "all mind altering drugs are the same as crack and heroin" talk. Since the 60s we've all pretty much known better unless you're quite old or grew up a special kind of sheltered. Most folks view the old "Reefer Madness" hysteria as ridiculous.

Though I have to say that while I do not believe that jailing people is the correct solution, widespread cannabis use, especially since the legal stuff is far more powerful than the junk weed I grew up with in the 90s...it has not really been the completely harmless miracle plant that the advocates swore it was. I also do not buy into their arguments that "natural" means "safe" or "good." There are plenty of natural things that will straight up kill you, so that was always a pretty lame narrative.

I've known some people whose daily cannabis habit has really made a mess of their lives. I think that we've f'ed around and found out on that, and I wish there were more accurate reporting on the subject.

Now shrooms. Well, from my experience with hallucinogens (though it's been many years)... I think that the only way I think it makes sense is if they were to set up spaces where you go in, you cannot leave, there are people there to help you if you've got an emergency or problem. Whether they are called treatment centers, retreats, I don't care. I don't think that it's a good idea to have people wandering around hallucinating. Not only for the safety of the public but for the person under the influence...there was a story years back about a teenage boy who was caught by the cops while on acid and they basically tortured him to death and the video of it haunts me to this day. People under the influence of this kind of drug really need to be in safe places to get through the entirety of their experience on it.

I have friends who swear by "micro dosing." They claim that very small doses of shrooms do not have hallucinogenic effects, but only mild mood improving ones. Well...that's as may be, but I still have doubts about the public health & safety repercussions of just letting people do as they please with these drugs.

I used to think that everyone who really wanted to do them, was already doing so when they were illegal, and making them legal would not make those who DON'T want to do drugs, just start doing them. That people were sensible enough to understand that legal does not necessarily mean fine and good for you. But unfortunately I think I may have given a lot of people too much credit with that idea.

Old 01-19-2024, 03:20 PM

4,035 posts, read 3,656,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
People who want to use them, will do so -- whether it's legal or not.
People who don't want to use them, won't do so -- whether it's legal or not.

That’s not true. I never really bought weed on the street because I never thought consuming something bought from some random guy on the street was a good idea. Now I’ll occasionally have an edible that I buy from a dispensary. I had been curious about mushrooms for some time but never tried it for the same reason. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

Old 01-19-2024, 06:24 PM

88,673 posts, read 84,974,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
That’s not true. I never really bought weed on the street because I never thought consuming something bought from some random guy on the street was a good idea. Now I’ll occasionally have an edible that I buy from a dispensary. I had been curious about mushrooms for some time but never tried it for the same reason. I’m sure I’m not the only one.

You didn't know anybody personally who sold weed?

Back in the 80s, the phone system guy for our company at the WTC sold weed. Then we came in one day to find we had a new phone system, and our guy was gone lol.

Old 01-19-2024, 08:18 PM

4,035 posts, read 3,656,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Back in the 80s, the phone system guy for our company at the WTC sold weed. Then we came in one day to find we had a new phone system, and our guy was gone lol.

I knew a few guys. But it’s not like they were growing the stuff in the back yard. They were getting it from someone who got it from someone. Just never felt right to me

Old 01-19-2024, 10:13 PM

9,379 posts, read 20,825,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

No. I lived in NJ for 35 years. Never knew or met anyone who sold it. But I understand times have changed. The New Jersey I grew up in the late 1970s and early 1980s might be different than what is now the accepted standard.

Old 01-20-2024, 06:43 AM

88,673 posts, read 84,974,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
I knew a few guys. But it’s not like they were growing the stuff in the back yard. They were getting it from someone who got it from someone. Just never felt right to me
Oh yeah, no, I didn't know anyone who grew it back then, either. It was all illegal, probably brought up through Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey