Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2024, 07:36 AM

20,188 posts, read 9,088,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
I'd rather do a protein powder shake with oat milk, frozen banana and a tablespoon of peanut butter. A bit healthier.
just finished a smoothie, raspberries, banana, spinach, almond milk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2024, 01:02 PM

1,038 posts, read 565,856 times
There is no correlation between mushrooms and crack. Please. Many states have legalized 'shrooms for psychiatric purposes, and back in Mississippi my friends and I must have tripped on them 200 times. Fun stuff, you just need to be in a good mind set and not have any unexpected things come up. Which means no bar hopping, no people w/ negative bad vibes, just stay close to nature and groove on some good tunes.

It really changes your head and made me a lot more connected to others. But at some point you don't need to do it anymore, as every trip feels like the same trip. Like Alan Watts said about LSD, it opens up your consciousness, so you should answer that phone when it rings. But after a while it's the same call, so you don't have to answer it again. You already got the message.

Old 01-20-2024, 04:06 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,709,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You didn't know anybody personally who sold weed?

Back in the 80s, the phone system guy for our company at the WTC sold weed. Then we came in one day to find we had a new phone system, and our guy was gone lol.
Grew up in NJ in the 60's and 70's , hell you were considerd a narc if you didn't sell or use back then and lets not forget College in Mass in the 70's, weed was easier to get then Beer.

Old 01-20-2024, 04:27 PM

88,693 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Grew up in NJ in the 60's and 70's , hell you were considerd a narc if you didn't sell or use back then and lets not forget College in Mass in the 70's, weed was easier to get then Beer.
I was a teenager in the 70s. Most people I knew smoked pot.

Old 01-20-2024, 06:17 PM

20,188 posts, read 9,088,260 times
I remember my future in-laws telling their daughter how disappointed they were when she told them she was staying with me at school after she graduated. They told her they couldn't be anymore disappointed if they found out their son (her younger brother) was smoking pot. (I had sold him some a few days before they said that). Oh well it all worked out.

Old 01-21-2024, 04:05 AM

Quote:
I was a teenager in the 70s. Most people I knew smoked pot.
True story, lived in a small seaside town everyone knew each other and no doors were ever locked. One summer night(1971)the Police broke up a party on the beach my older brother was at as were all the other 18-20 year olds were at that night , all together about 22 kids. The Police found "A" marijuana cigarette, forget the keg this was a "drug bust! I swear you would have thought they killed someone, that's when I knew if I ever got caught drinking I was OK, age was 18 back then, just no pot!

Last edited by G1..; 01-21-2024 at 04:19 AM..

Old 01-21-2024, 05:07 AM

88,693 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:
True story, lived in a small seaside town everyone knew each other and no doors were ever locked. One summer night(1971)the Police broke up a party on the beach my older brother was at as were all the other 18-20 year olds were at that night , all together about 22 kids. The Police found "A" marijuana cigarette, forget the keg this was a "drug bust! I swear you would have thought they killed someone, that's when I knew if I ever got caught drinking I was OK, age was 18 back then, just no pot!
Yeah, it WAS a big deal in those days. Oooo, a marijuana cigarette! Lol.

But still, we had "head shops" where you could buy papers and pipes and bongs. Joint Venture was the name of the one at the Bergen Mall. I thought that was clever. They also sold nice turquiose and silver jewelry...

Old 01-21-2024, 06:25 AM

19,159 posts, read 25,400,751 times
Quote:
I had a completely converse experience when I was a college sophomore (1966-67). I was a delegate to the National Model General Assembly in NYC, and college students from all over the US were housed at the old Statler Hilton, across the street from Penn Station. At night, there were parties in many of the hotel rooms, and I recall attending one where--for the first time in my life--I smelled weed smoke.

The gathering got a bit loud, and hotel management sent for the police. A couple of cops, plus someone from hotel management, came into the smoke-filled room, and they proceeded to confiscate the liquour bottles. They told us to disperse, even though the thick weed smoke was impossible to disperse, and nothing was ever said by either the cops or the hotel people about the very obvious marijuana that was in use in that room.

Old 01-21-2024, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Yeah, it WAS a big deal in those days. Oooo, a marijuana cigarette! Lol.

But still, we had "head shops" where you could buy papers and pipes and bongs. Joint Venture was the name of the one at the Bergen Mall. I thought that was clever. They also sold nice turquiose and silver jewelry...
I remember 7-11's would sell rolling papers. They were on the far side away from the Penthouse and Playboy mags ,no one knew for awhile.

Old 01-21-2024, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I had a completely converse experience when I was a college sophomore (1966-67). I was a delegate to the National Model General Assembly in NYC, and college students from all over the US were housed at the old Statler Hilton, across the street from Penn Station. At night, there were parties in many of the hotel rooms, and I recall attending one where--for the first time in my life--I smelled weed smoke.

The gathering got a bit loud, and hotel management sent for the police. A couple of cops, plus someone from hotel management, came into the smoke-filled room, and they proceeded to confiscate the liquour bottles. They told us to disperse, even though the thick weed smoke was impossible to disperse, and nothing was ever said by either the cops or the hotel people about the very obvious marijuana that was in use in that room.

Only thing I can think of is maybe the legal age wasn't 18 yet in 66-67.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey